View Poll Results: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being "his economy"?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 41.67%
  • No

    7 58.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    I feel it must be asked.....since were already 2 years into Barack HusSame Obama's Failed Presidency.......and according to all the Liberal experts......its still George Bush's economy......and Obama inherited everything.

    Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his/her economy?

    We must remember......nothing ever done by Senator Obama had any negative impact on the economy......just as the actions and inactions of the Democrat controlled Congress from 2007-2011 had absolutley no negative impact on the economy what so ever.......it was all the fault of George Bush and the Republican Minority in Congress......Obama inherited everything.

    So to all those in the Obama Inheritance crowd........

    ......please let us know when its Obama's Economy......for the first time in his adult life......Barack HusSame Obama will be accountable for something.


    Unemployment Rate Since President Obama took office

    .
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by Badmutha; 02-17-11 at 12:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    You are building a straw man. It's not "Bush's economy", not "Obama's" economy. The effects from Bush's presidency can be felt yet, but so can the effects of Obama's. Further, you present a simplistic and misleading view. Job losses when Obama took over where huge, and now the economy is actually gaining jobs each month. It's not enough yet to offset the need for new jobs, but it is a large step in the right direction.

    Further, the crash that led to the huge job losses each month when Obama took over was not entirely(probably not even mostly) Bush's fault, but had their beginnings in events from before Bush ever became president, maybe as far back as Reagan. It's not a simplistic thing as you try and present it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #3
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Presidents have very little direct impact on the state of the economy. They can provide a little temporary support through economic stimulus programs, and can provide more indirect support through nominating competent people to the Federal Reserve...but there's nothing they can do to turn a recession into a boom. The economy moves in natural cycles.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are building a straw man. It's not "Bush's economy", not "Obama's" economy. The effects from Bush's presidency can be felt yet, but so can the effects of Obama's. Further, you present a simplistic and misleading view. Job losses when Obama took over where huge, and now the economy is actually gaining jobs each month. It's not enough yet to offset the need for new jobs, but it is a large step in the right direction.

    Further, the crash that led to the huge job losses each month when Obama took over was not entirely(probably not even mostly) Bush's fault, but had their beginnings in events from before Bush ever became president, maybe as far back as Reagan. It's not a simplistic thing as you try and present it.
    It's sad that people fail to understand that most economic policy takes years to actually effect the economy.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Presidents have very little direct impact on the state of the economy. They can provide a little temporary support through economic stimulus programs, and can provide more indirect support through nominating competent people to the Federal Reserve...but there's nothing they can do to turn a recession into a boom. The economy moves in natural cycles.
    For 4 years we have heard the ongoing liberal mantra around "George Bush's Economy"..........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's sad that people fail to understand that most economic policy takes years to actually effect the economy.
    Tell that to Barack "shovel ready" Obama.......and his empty promises of immediate relief from PORKULUS.....as well as keeping unemployment below 8%.
    .
    .
    .

  7. #7
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    For 4 years we have heard the ongoing liberal mantra around "George Bush's Economy".
    Mmmk. Wonderful. This has what to do with my post?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    For 4 years we have heard the ongoing liberal mantra around "George Bush's Economy"..........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    For 9 years we have heard about Bush causing 9/11. Doesn't make it true, nor does it make giving those people any credit. Birthers, truthers, people who comment on economy without understanding it, none of those should be given any kind of credence.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Mmmk. Wonderful. This has what to do with my post?
    That economies move in natural cycles.........unless its an economic downturn while a Republican is in the Whitehouse.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #10
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can a President go 4 years without it ever being his "economy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    That economies move in natural cycles.........unless its an economic downturn while a Republican is in the Whitehouse.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Actually the government can have significant impact on those cycles. They are not random. However, you are building a straw man since that is not what any one is saying.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •