View Poll Results: Are you against or not against the following?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am against both TSA Body Scanners and Abortion.

    15 24.19%
  • I am againt TSA Body Scanners but am not against Abortion.

    15 24.19%
  • I am not against both TSA Body Scanners and Abortion.

    27 43.55%
  • I am not against TSA Body Scanners but am against Abortion.

    5 8.06%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Against/not against.

  1. #81
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,769

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Again, as in every thread, [citation needed]

    You have been making that claim a lot, and have only backed it up with "it isn't because it isn't" - literally - and not substance... please for the love of god, PROVE IT. Given your certainty so far as your opinion goes, it shouldn't be difficult.
    Actually I have many times, not my fault you choose to ignore the reality and facts LMAO

    If you are so confidnet by all means tell me the amendment that it violates and ill gladly show you why you are wrong LOL

    You're deflecting, although its humorous, it will not work

    also since you only partially quoted me we are talking about TSA Policies for anybody else reading.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #82
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Pro-abortion side belief- women should be legally allowed to kill their own unborn child as a means of birth control
    Anti-abortion side belief- women should not be legally allowed to kill their own unborn child as a means of birth control.
    There's a reason why there is no side called "pro-abortion," it's called "pro-choice."

    Pro-choice side belief- government should not be allowed to invade the privacy of a woman's medical decisions.
    Anti-choice side belief- because of our extreme dedication to religious superstition, government should force women to give up their right to medical privacy.

  3. #83
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Anti-choice side belief- because of our extreme dedication to religious superstition, government should force women to give up their right to medical privacy.
    What is superstitious about believing that unborn children deserve the same legal protection as born children?

    You are making the same mistake as the pro-lifers who call everyone who opposes them "pro-abortion".

  4. #84
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Against/not against.

    I favour this over some random lady going through my bags, but the real solution will be when the airlines/government adopt procedures stop screwing over all the innocent people going through airports and start profiling the Arab/Middle Eastern males that are doing all the ****ing killing in the first place. Dumb **** politicians and their idiotic PC crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Pro-choice side belief- government should not be allowed to invade the privacy of a woman's medical decisions
    .

    The government isn't allowed to invade their medical decisions...

    Anti-choice side belief- because of our extreme dedication to religious superstition, government should force women to give up their right to medical privacy.
    Of course you are just ignoring one little aspect of reality. That aspect of reality also happens to be the crux of the whole debate too, but if you feel like the whole issue is about victimizing the poor wittle women, then by all means, ignore the killing that is taking place. Good for you buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #86
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    There's a reason why there is no side called "pro-abortion," it's called "pro-choice."
    Look up a dictionary. Those who support legalized abortion are called pro-abortion. The only reason you pro-abortion people dislike the term pro-abortion because deep down inside even you people find abortion to be disgusting and do not wish to actually be associated with the term abortion.


    Pro-choice side belief- government should not be allowed to invade the privacy of a woman's medical decisions.
    That doesn't have anything to do with the pro-choice/pro-abortion/abortionist label. Nor does the government need to invade privacy to enforce anti-abortion laws.

    Pro-abortion | Define Pro-abortion at Dictionary.com
    favoring the legalization of abortion


    Pro-choice | Define Pro-choice at Dictionary.com
    supporting or advocating legalized abortion.


    Anti-choice side belief- because of our extreme dedication to religious superstition, government should force women to give up their right to medical privacy.
    That has nothing to do with anti-choice/pro-life/anti-abortion label.

    Anti-choice | Define Anti-choice at Dictionary.com
    opposed to the concept that a pregnant woman has the right to choose abortion.

    Antiabortion | Define Antiabortion at Dictionary.com
    opposition to abortion, especially legalized abortion.

    Pro-life | Define Pro-life at Dictionary.com
    opposed to legalized abortion; right-to-life.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    That doesn't have anything to do with the pro-choice/pro-abortion/abortionist label. Nor does the government need to invade privacy to enforce anti-abortion laws.
    Ready to answer that question I posed to you yet?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #88
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Ready to answer that question I posed to you yet?
    Your question has nothing to do with making abortion illegal.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #89
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Against/not against.

    I have to say this poll is pretty revealing given that the majority of people who are for legal abortion are also for such egregious violations of our rights. I cannot say I am surprised.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This post brings to light what the premise is of this thread. And I will admit, as CC said, it is a bit of a stretch.

    In Roe vs Wade anti-abortion laws were considered to be unconstitutional for privacy reasons. IE it violated the 4th amendment. Which is actually understandable when you consider that a persons medical records, be they physical or mental are considered to be damn near sancrosanct even to the point of doctors being barred from telling police about illegals that come into thier hospitals. The only way for police to access medical records is via a warrant. As far as I know not even the Patriot Act violated that part of our laws.

    Now I'm sure that people will say that this right shouldn't apply because we're talking about an innocent life here. But honestly why shouldn't it? The very fundamental principle of the US is individual freedoms. That everyone, regardless of belief system, has an inalienable right, and that the majority should not be able to take that right away, unless there are lives at steak. Which of course for those that are anti-abortion is the very fundemental reason to be anti-abortion.

    But then here comes the TSA and body scanners. They wish to put these body scanners into place in order to attempt to save innocent life. When all is said and done the TSA's goal is very similiar to that of an anti-abortionist. Only real difference is that of age. Yet here the innocent life on a plane is apparently less than that of a baby in the womb (ironically there are unborn babies in wombs aplenty on a plane also). Because here people holler about 4th amendment violations. Now people will no doubt try to draw comparisons between the amount of innocent life taken vs innocent life taken between the two. Problem here is that in order to be consistant every life should be valued just as equally as the next, irregardless of circumstances or amounts.

    So when all is boiled down and consistant, you have two very different situations. Both of them are about a right to privacy. Yet as Jamesrage has evidenced here, there are contradictions between the two.

    Note to Jamesrage: Sorry james, but you did fall neatly into the trap I placed.
    There are some key problems with your rationale. For one the Supreme Court knew damn well that with abortion the right to life negates any talk about privacy so it is not right to privacy that the debate hinges on, rather the right to life of the unborn. Back then the court employed some rather fuzzy logic to write off the unborn as non-persons.

    Another big problem with your rationale is that legalizing abortion can only mean legalizing the taking of life while banning body scanners is not going to make it legal to hijack an airliner and crash it into a building. One involves the direct protection of life and another does not.

    Banning body scanners is also not devaluing anyone's right to life. If Abdul and his buddies Muhammad and Tariq try to jack an airliner so they can crash it into the Superdome the passengers have every right to set upon them like a pack of angry wolves in order to defend their lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The only way that it can is via an amendment. There is nothing in the Constitution which grants it the authority to dictate whether a person may have an abortion or not with normal federal laws.

    In anycase lets get back to the privacy issue. Do you have a right to know whether a person 500 miles away is pregnant? How about a block away? Your neighbor? Or does the woman have the right to keep it private?
    In a sense you are partly right. The federal government cannot get involved with intra-state crime. However, inter-state crimes are another matter. If the abortion clinics in question are operated on an inter-state basis or someone travels across state lines it can then be subject to federal jurisdiction.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  10. #90
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Against/not against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Actually I have many times, not my fault you choose to ignore the reality and facts LMAO
    What facts, besides the fact that you keep posting opinions in a tone that misleads the unwary to thinking they are facts? All you have done is post "it is because it is" in as many ways as humanly possible without actually citing anything other than your opinion.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •