View Poll Results: What of the New Ban.

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

    30 32.26%
  • Too far

    58 62.37%
  • Other

    5 5.38%
Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 545

Thread: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

  1. #381
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    People smoke cigarettes because they are addicted. Driving in itself is not harmfull and is neccesary in order to live our lives. Smoking is harmful in itself and actually limits our lives. Comparing smoking to driving is ridiculous.
    Mmmhmmm. Sure it is. Both are dangerous, both increase probabilities of death, both are "needed". But you just don't want to entertain one scenario over the other most likely because you endorse on scenario and condemn the other.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #382
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Mmmhmmm. Sure it is. Both are dangerous, both increase probabilities of death, both are "needed". But you just don't want to entertain one scenario over the other most likely because you endorse on scenario and condemn the other.
    Smoking is needed?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #383
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Smoking is needed?
    In terms of your "addiction" theory.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #384
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Do you honestly think that this is where it ends?

    I wouldnt be surprised to see these fascist thugs currently running the country force you to buy carbon credits for the C02 you are exhaling. A sort of breathing tax

    I can see the Libs going for something like this, these people are honestly this insane.

  5. #385
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    It's New York, they infringe on EVERYONE'S "Rights".

    Transfats.
    Breast Feeding.
    Salt.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  6. #386
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Do you honestly think that this is where it ends?

    I wouldnt be surprised to see these fascist thugs currently running the country force you to buy carbon credits for the C02 you are exhaling. A sort of breathing tax

    I can see the Libs going for something like this, these people are honestly this insane.
    They would never label it as a "CO2 tax" or a "carbon credit" or anything of the sort. They will disguise it by finding something bad about it...no matter how small that bad really is...and then campaign against it on supposedly the "moral highground". Blowing the <insert bad thing here> all out of proportion until eventually they will get and tax it as much as possible. Don't believe me? What do you think that extra tax that people pay when they buy a pack of cigarettes is? What do you think the healthcare mandate is? Yet it is all couched in "better for you this way" "supposed moral highground" crap.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #387
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    It's New York, they infringe on EVERYONE'S "Rights".

    Transfats.
    Breast Feeding.
    Salt.
    Breast feeding???? WTH is supposedly wrong with breast feeding?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #388
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    USA 1,

    You seem to be preaching a lot about health but I notice you say few things about choices.

    Areyou telling me that everybody must base their health and life on yours?

    If there is one thing we have learned since the progress of D.N.A., is that no human D.N.A , is the identical
    Therefore how could human immune systems be identical..

    As for me I can't eat spicy foods and I stoped drinking cause it was causeing me problems.
    Perhaps, you drink, or perhaps you like spicy foods for me that is bad for you that is good.

    In short the humans of the human race are like snowflakes each one differant.
    So be a good snowflake and enjoy your time on earth and leave the smoking snowflakes to enjoy theirs.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  9. #389
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    USA 1,

    You seem to be preaching a lot about health but I notice you say few things about choices.

    Areyou telling me that everybody must base their health and life on yours?

    If there is one thing we have learned since the progress of D.N.A., is that no human D.N.A , is the identical
    Therefore how could human immune systems be identical..

    As for me I can't eat spicy foods and I stoped drinking cause it was causeing me problems.
    Perhaps, you drink, or perhaps you like spicy foods for me that is bad for you that is good.

    In short the humans of the human race are like snowflakes each one differant.
    So be a good snowflake and enjoy your time on earth and leave the smoking snowflakes to enjoy theirs.
    Of course not. All I am pointing out is that smoking is harmful and people will be happier once the get out from under the addiction.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #390
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Of course not. All I am pointing out is that smoking is harmful and people will be happier once the get out from under the addiction.
    Who are you to say what makes people happy?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •