View Poll Results: What of the New Ban.

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

    30 32.26%
  • Too far

    58 62.37%
  • Other

    5 5.38%
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 545

Thread: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

  1. #311
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Gotta agree with ya Blackdog.

    I started smoking when I was 16 I'm 65 today.

    I think the keyword here is individual.
    How's your lungs? You do know 65 isn't that old and you probably have shortened your life by a decade or so. If in the next few years a doctor tells you you have lung cancer from your smoking will you still agree with BD? I have known dozens of smokers in my life. I have heard all the excuses and justifications to smoke.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #312
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    I have known dozens of smokers in my life. I have heard all the excuses and justifications to smoke.
    Then you should consider the fact at our age, we have heard all that as well.

    I am willing to take responsibility for my actions, and I already have problems not connected to smoking. So your argument really means very little to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #313
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then you should consider the fact at our age, we have heard all that as well.

    I am willing to take responsibility for my actions, and I already have problems not connected to smoking. So your argument really means very little to me.
    So you plan on smoking the rest of your life?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #314
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    So you plan on smoking the rest of your life?
    I don't know to be honest. I have quit before, I may quit again. Don't think about it in those terms.

    I have a better chance of climbing into my car or a pre exsisting condition killing me than anything related to smoking.

    I agree smoking increases your chances or risk of heart disease etc. In the grand scheme of things I am more concerned with enjoying the time I have, than worrying about how much time I have.

    One thing is guaranteed in life, you are at some point going to die. I don't concern myself with when or why as long as I do whats right by God, and myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You just don't get it do you? On one hand you get on your high horse about smokers and how vile and disgusting they are, but at the same time you talk almost reverently about the awesome creativity of drug users and how there should be no laws prohibiting what you put into your body as part of your exploration of life (or whatever) and you accuse me of intellectual dishonesty? I have a question though, if drugs are so awesome and enlightening, why did you get your knickers in a twist when you thought I suggested you were on them? Your positions are so contradictory it's just laughable. If I'm clever, it's because you make it easy for me.
    It's you who isn't getting it. Let me make a neat little chart for you so that maybe you can comprehend:

    Drug use: Ok.
    Tobacco use: Ok. (tobacco is a drug but I separated it for simpletons such as yourself)
    Public drug use that affects others: Not ok.
    Public tobacco use and second hand smoke: Not ok.

    People's rights end where mine begin. If people want to smoke pot, or crack, or whatever it is they want to smoke, they should be doing it where I don't have to inhale second hand smoke.

    And I got offended because you were making personal attacks on TOP of completely misrepresenting what I said.

  6. #316
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't know to be honest. I have quit before, I may quit again. Don't think about it in those terms.

    I have a better chance of climbing into my car or a pre exsisting condition killing me than anything related to smoking.

    I agree smoking increases your chances or risk of heart disease etc. In the grand scheme of things I am more concerned with enjoying the time I have, than worrying about how much time I have.

    One thing is guaranteed in life, you are at some point going to die. I don't concern myself with when or why as long as I do whats right by God, and myself.
    It's funny how peoples beliefs change the closer they get to death.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #317
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    It's all about king bloomberg dictating to his subjects.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #318
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    It's funny how peoples beliefs change the closer they get to death.
    I am a Christian, I look forward to it. I have knocked at deaths door before. So again your argument is self righteous ranting at best.

    Blanket statements are a lie. No way around that.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-16-11 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #319
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am a Christian, I look forward to it. I have knocked at deaths door before. So again your argument is self righteous ranting at best.

    Blanket statements are a lie. No way around that.
    I have known a lot of people like you. Have exactly the same arguments.....going to die anyway.....something else will kill me...........Hasn't hurt me so far........my uncle lived to be 101 and he smoked all his life.....Then when they get the bad news that they have lung cancer or they need a transplant they want the doctors to do anything to save them. After all they have a family to take care of.
    I am not self rightious. I have seen first hand what smoking does to a family. The truth is there is no bigger waste of money or something so harmful to ones health. It's an addiction that people like you deny that you have. You say you smoke because you want to smoke, but we both know that's not true. You have to smoke.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #320
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    How's your lungs? You do know 65 isn't that old and you probably have shortened your life by a decade or so. If in the next few years a doctor tells you you have lung cancer from your smoking will you still agree with BD? I have known dozens of smokers in my life. I have heard all the excuses and justifications to smoke.
    I don't smoke, but my justification for people smoking is: It's America bitch. STFU and mind your own damned business.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •