View Poll Results: What of the New Ban.

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

    30 32.26%
  • Too far

    58 62.37%
  • Other

    5 5.38%
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 545

Thread: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

  1. #131
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I feel this is a very unfair post that demonizes smokers simply because they smoke. To say that smokers are filthy and do not give a damn about others is very unfair.
    Sure, it demonizes smokers FAIRLY. The vast majority of smokers are disgusting creatures who have little regard for the rights of the MAJORITY of people around them who do not light up cancer sticks...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #132
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    New York City Council bans smoking in parks, beaches, Times Square

    Is the new ban in New York a good thing or is it going too far.
    This is beyond stupid. It is unnecessary and I am seriously worried London will look over at NY and try to enact the same thing.

    The demonization of smokers continue


  3. #133
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Smokers will likely NOT outlive me.

    Heavy drinkers will likely NOT outlive.

    Social drinkers may (according to a recent study) outlive me.

    These are facts.



    It's not about hate. It's about pity. I see them in the airports, in their little glass house, and I feel sorry for their families.

    Their children will have to spend more time caring for them than is normal.




    I fart when I eat too many vitamins.
    Fact: you cannot know nor predict who may outlive you and instead of worrying about others and being all up in their biz? I wish to suggest you mind your own. Life is too damn shirt to be sitting around thinking about who may or may not outlive you.

    Get a damn hobby or something. Pity? I feel pity for anybody that I have to suggest to get a hobby rather than worrying if some smoker or drinker will outlive them. That must be a sad life to live.

    Will Midnight poker players die before you? Will folks that wear yellow two days a week die before you? Will people that watch NBC over ABC die before you? Will people that take mustard over mayo die beore you? Get where I am going with this? You do not know!

    I suggest you start enjoying your life more and spend less time worrying about the evil smokers that you are so sure you will outlive. Trust me on this: you may drop dead reading this. So stop acting as if smokers will die before you.

    BTW, save your pity for yourself or others that really need it.. Smokers don't
    Last edited by Kali; 02-05-11 at 05:31 AM.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #134
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I'm afraid I'm coming off a little bristly here. Sorry. I just recently quit smoking -- again -- and this stuff still drives me crazy. Most smokers are courteous people who are happy to accommodate nonsmokers' reasonable requests. But you start to feel like a second-class citizen after awhile.
    I hope you can keep off the weed this time. I am delighted every time a person realizes how destructive that weed is and is successful in giving it up. However, I disagree with you about smokers being curteous. If they were courteous, they would not light up in the presense of non-smokers (especially children) in the first place...

    There used to be a billboard in my town with a picture of a teen lighting a cigarette with the text: "Welcome to LOSERVILLE, Population: You!" I didn't appreciate being called a loser every day on my morning commute. I started smoking when I was 13, and I eventually quit for health reasons, but it took me years of trying (and of course, years of paying ridiculously high sin taxes). I helped fund stadiums. I helped fund the arts. I helped fill the state budget gap with my smoking habit. Yet I'm forbidden from lighting up in the statehouse my longtime habit subsidizes.
    Well, sorry, but smokers ARE losers... and in no way should you be allowed to smoke in ANY public building, EVER!!!

    People have all kinds of bad habits, but I don't see any billboards shouting: "PUT DOWN THE DONUT, FATTY!" Smokers have been mistreated by the tobacco industry. They've been mistreated by local and state governments. They've even been mistreated by billboards and public service messages. And at they end of all, they get to die young. Don't add insult to injury.
    Oh, I would support it... though not everyone who eats donuts is fat... I eat the occasional Dunkin Donut and I guarantee you I am fitter than 99% of the people on this board... However, I have long been critical of people who engage in gluttenous lifestyles...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #135
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Smokers may outlive you too. You are hating on a group of people for no other reason than you dislike thier habit. I am sure you have bad habits too.
    I am hating on them because so many of them force that bad habit on the rest of us by smoking in public spaces... not to mention what they do to their children smoking in their homes and cars...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #136
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Because you want to be laughed at?
    No, because forcing children to be subjected to cigarette smoke by parents is child abuse...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #137
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    You are gonna compare smokers rights to a womans right? And no I do not think we would all be better off without abortions or smoking.
    A woman's right to commit murder? As much as I hate smoking, murdering an unborn child is far worse.

    I do think the world would be better off without people trying to tell others what to do with their own bodies and am shocked that you went there. Mind your own biz.
    Just don't violate the rights of others, whether it be the non-smoker around you or the unborn child that deserves a chance at life...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #138
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Neither are known carcinogens...
    Perfume can be deadly to someone with Asthma. And yes it can send someone into a deadly asthma attack if someone is wearing too much perfume.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  9. #139
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Perfume can be deadly to someone with Asthma. And yes it can send someone into a deadly asthma attack if someone is wearing too much perfume.
    Oh, the dreaded perfume argument again... Tobacco smoke is a known carcinogen to EVERYONE who breathes it... sorry, not sympathetic at all... not one little iota,,,
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #140
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New Smoking Ban Good or Bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am hating on them because so many of them force that bad habit on the rest of us by smoking in public spaces... not to mention what they do to their children smoking in their homes and cars...
    Keyword here is public and you sound bitter.

    Are you of the mind that smokers should not be allowed to smoke inside their own homes or cars?

    What is next? Police being able to burst into your home cause you are stuffing your face with unhealthy foods, spraying yourself with crap that can cause cancer and stinks? Where does it end? Or are you fine with all of this?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •