View Poll Results: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Most all of Mexicans want to take back their land

    3 6.82%
  • Yes! Some mexicans still want back the land they lost

    13 29.55%
  • No! Very few mexicans want back the land they lost

    9 20.45%
  • No! None of them want the land they lost to the US back

    1 2.27%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    18 40.91%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 152

Thread: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Here are some observations on the above:

    30 million illegals? That's way over half the population of Mexico. There are a lot of illegals, but please, 30 million?

    The US won the war with Mexico. The winners of wars always write the history books, so whatever we say goes.

    What Mexico really needs and deserves from the US is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the drug wars. What the US needs to have is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the war on drugs. The two nations' needs are mutual.

    The last thing the Mexican peasants want/need is an expansion of Mexican territory. Given the chance, most of them would come to the US, in which case we could actually have 30 million immigrants from that country, legal or not.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #82
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,614

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Here are some observations on the above:

    30 million illegals? That's way over half the population of Mexico. There are a lot of illegals, but please, 30 million?

    The US won the war with Mexico. The winners of wars always write the history books, so whatever we say goes.

    What Mexico really needs and deserves from the US is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the drug wars. What the US needs to have is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the war on drugs. The two nations' needs are mutual.

    The last thing the Mexican peasants want/need is an expansion of Mexican territory. Given the chance, most of them would come to the US, in which case we could actually have 30 million immigrants from that country, legal or not.
    the estimates range from 20-30 million illegal immigrants in America with the majority coming from mehico. mehico SHOOTS illegal immigrants crossing THEIR southern border and jails them when caught. Is that the kind of fair and equitable immigration you are talking about? We currently bring in many millions of immigrants annually. So just what is it that you consider fair and BTW...what the hell is 'fair' anyway? And hey...Im all for ending the illegality of marijuana...but that solves mhicos problems how exactly? Their country is a ****hole...by their own making. They have crap for an economy. Never have so many people been truly PROUD to be (away) FROM a single country.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Here are some observations on the above:

    30 million illegals? That's way over half the population of Mexico. There are a lot of illegals, but please, 30 million?

    The US won the war with Mexico. The winners of wars always write the history books, so whatever we say goes.

    What Mexico really needs and deserves from the US is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the drug wars. What the US needs to have is a reasonable immigration policy and an end to the war on drugs. The two nations' needs are mutual.

    The last thing the Mexican peasants want/need is an expansion of Mexican territory. Given the chance, most of them would come to the US, in which case we could actually have 30 million immigrants from that country, legal or not.
    Most Mexican's are all talk and no substance. They would never go through with a revolution against the US. Any armed conflict would be easily lost by the Mexican's. Even the ones here will admit that the US is by far a better country than Mexico will ever be. We do need an immigration reform. I do seriously wonder the accuracy of those studies that show how much money it illegal aliens cost taxpayers. Because my mom works as a special education teacher in public schools attended by mostly Mexicans' whose parents are illegal or the whole family is. And really every winter, the kids have colds and are sick. Why? Because they live in trailer parks and heat is something hard to come by in a trailer park. So the cold gives them a hard time(we know their weakness, hehehe). And the majority of the kids wear clothing that is falling apart. My mother buys them clothing at times. Because most are too poor to afford clothing.

    Basically what I am trying to say. Is that the illegal aliens are not the problem. They come here and live in squaler like back in their native country. But the majority would prefer to stay here because at least the young ones will have a chance to get out of poverty. I know many American's claim they are a law abiding people. Though the hypocripsy of the public is really disgusting and shameful. Just as shameful as the all talk no substance extremists of the Mexican population.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    the estimates range from 20-30 million illegal immigrants in America with the majority coming from mehico. mehico SHOOTS illegal immigrants crossing THEIR southern border and jails them when caught. Is that the kind of fair and equitable immigration you are talking about? We currently bring in many millions of immigrants annually. So just what is it that you consider fair and BTW...what the hell is 'fair' anyway? And hey...Im all for ending the illegality of marijuana...but that solves mhicos problems how exactly? Their country is a ****hole...by their own making. They have crap for an economy. Never have so many people been truly PROUD to be (away) FROM a single country.
    The federal government estimates just under 12 million, and just over half of those coming from Mexico. Six or seven million is a much more plausible figure, but then, no one really knows.

    As for that border war, so far 30,000 Mexicans have lost their lives due to the drug traffickers fighting over who gets to sell us drugs. Now, if that is not a problem affecting both nations, what is?

    We need to start enforcing our current immigration laws, starting with fining employers of illegals. We need to have a better policy, allowing a limited number of workers from Mexico to come here legally and not have to live in the shadows. We have to have a policy in place to deal with the illegals already here, and not one that gives amnesty and therefore an incentive for more to come. We tried that back in the '80s, and already know the result. We also need to have a more effective and less destructive way of discouraging drug abuse.

    Of course, none of that is likely to happen so long as the lobbyists for special interests keep working for the status quo.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #85
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,614

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The federal government estimates just under 12 million, and just over half of those coming from Mexico. Six or seven million is a much more plausible figure, but then, no one really knows.

    As for that border war, so far 30,000 Mexicans have lost their lives due to the drug traffickers fighting over who gets to sell us drugs. Now, if that is not a problem affecting both nations, what is?

    We need to start enforcing our current immigration laws, starting with fining employers of illegals. We need to have a better policy, allowing a limited number of workers from Mexico to come here legally and not have to live in the shadows. We have to have a policy in place to deal with the illegals already here, and not one that gives amnesty and therefore an incentive for more to come. We tried that back in the '80s, and already know the result. We also need to have a more effective and less destructive way of discouraging drug abuse.

    Of course, none of that is likely to happen so long as the lobbyists for special interests keep working for the status quo.
    Its lunacy to think that we should change our drug laws so that the drug traffickers will stop killing each other and every other soul within range. Im for changing the drug laws regarding marijuana because I simply dont think it is a harmful drug (certainly no more so than alcohol). But mehico? To be blunt...**** them. They have had an ineffective corrupt government for so long and have turned their back on the drug trade that they are reaping what they have sown.

    As to the exact numbers...no one knows. the figures and estimates you get all depend on who is trying to prove what. 5 million, 10 million, 20 million...how about we just settle on a whole friggin lot of them. Once you get past 100,000 or so...who's counting?
    "Between 12 and 20 million illegal immigrants live in the United States, the exact number is unknown.
    www.usimmigrationsupport.org/illegal-immigration.html"

    I have said precisely the same thing with regard to employers and illegal immigration. im not anti hispanic nor anti-legal immigrant. And I recognize the great majority of those here illegaly are hard working people that have risked everything to be able to provide for their family. Id make a straight up trade...keep every illegal immigrant here and send mehico a like number of our crippled and dependent pets that wont work.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its lunacy to think that we should change our drug laws so that the drug traffickers will stop killing each other and every other soul within range. Im for changing the drug laws regarding marijuana because I simply dont think it is a harmful drug (certainly no more so than alcohol). But mehico? To be blunt...**** them. They have had an ineffective corrupt government for so long and have turned their back on the drug trade that they are reaping what they have sown.

    As to the exact numbers...no one knows. the figures and estimates you get all depend on who is trying to prove what. 5 million, 10 million, 20 million...how about we just settle on a whole friggin lot of them. Once you get past 100,000 or so...who's counting?
    "Between 12 and 20 million illegal immigrants live in the United States, the exact number is unknown.
    www.usimmigrationsupport.org/illegal-immigration.html"

    I have said precisely the same thing with regard to employers and illegal immigration. im not anti hispanic nor anti-legal immigrant. And I recognize the great majority of those here illegaly are hard working people that have risked everything to be able to provide for their family. Id make a straight up trade...keep every illegal immigrant here and send mehico a like number of our crippled and dependent pets that wont work.
    How about fining the (bleep!) out of anyone who hires illegals, then making it possible for them to return home with a reasonable chance of being re admitted legally?

    That way, we could keep the good, hard working people, while screening out the gang bangers and druggies, and not give the folks back in the old country an incentive to cross the border illegally.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,614

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    How about fining the (bleep!) out of anyone who hires illegals, then making it possible for them to return home with a reasonable chance of being re admitted legally?

    That way, we could keep the good, hard working people, while screening out the gang bangers and druggies, and not give the folks back in the old country an incentive to cross the border illegally.
    All for it and have said so myself. Id make it easier for businesses to ensure they were hiring legal immigrants and crucify them if they didnt follow reasonable procedures to verify status.

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    It's not their land to take back. Maybe they want it, but they aren't going to get nor should they try.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #89
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The federal government estimates just under 12 million, and just over half of those coming from Mexico. Six or seven million is a much more plausible figure, but then, no one really knows.
    If you check, you'll see that 12 million number has been used since the mid-90's and government figures also confirm that between 1 million and 1.5 million cross over into the USA annually. Even presuming some return to their country of origin, that still leaves an estimate of between 22 and 27 million here now. You're right, no one really knows, but the 12 million number is totally bogus. The estimated breakdown of illegals in the USA is that 60% are from Mexico, and another 24% are from Central America.

    As for that border war, so far 30,000 Mexicans have lost their lives due to the drug traffickers fighting over who gets to sell us drugs. Now, if that is not a problem affecting both nations, what is?
    We should legalize drugs. The cartels would implode overnight. (yes, I'm serious)

    We need to start enforcing our current immigration laws, starting with fining employers of illegals. We need to have a better policy, allowing a limited number of workers from Mexico to come here legally and not have to live in the shadows. We have to have a policy in place to deal with the illegals already here, and not one that gives amnesty and therefore an incentive for more to come. We tried that back in the '80s, and already know the result. We also need to have a more effective and less destructive way of discouraging drug abuse.
    I agree no more amnesty. That's what started the stampede in the first place. I also agree we need to enforce our laws and go after employers of illegals. I'm okay with increasing the number of legal immigrants from Mexico... however, we already allow more immigrants from Mexico than from any other country on the planet, more than twice as many as India, which is the second-highest number of legal immigrants.

    Of course, none of that is likely to happen so long as the lobbyists for special interests keep working for the status quo.
    Exactly. That's the main reason I get so angry about the situation, because I know that both sides are being bribed by campaign money and promise of votes not to enforce immigration laws. That's a real betrayal of the American people and of the positions these people were elected to uphold.

  10. #90
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    30 million illegals? That's way over half the population of Mexico. There are a lot of illegals, but please, 30 million?
    Me thinks you don't know how many people live in Mexico...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •