View Poll Results: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Most all of Mexicans want to take back their land

    3 6.82%
  • Yes! Some mexicans still want back the land they lost

    13 29.55%
  • No! Very few mexicans want back the land they lost

    9 20.45%
  • No! None of them want the land they lost to the US back

    1 2.27%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    18 40.91%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152

Thread: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

  1. #101
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    We're supposed to feel guilty because our ancestors were better at it.
    Screw all you guys. My ancestry is from Denmark and we didnt come over here til after all you evil bastards had destroyed the indians and enslaved the Africans.

  2. #102
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Screw all you guys. My ancestry is from Denmark and we didnt come over here til after all you evil bastards had destroyed the indians and enslaved the Africans.
    The Danes taught the English well.

  3. #103
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    The Danes taught the English well.
    Doesnt count...the only people in history that count are the evil white people in America.

  4. #104
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Who exactly are these mehicans that you speak of? You mean, the Spaniards? That stole the land from the Mayans?
    Me thinks you need a history lesson...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #105
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    People have been fighting over land ever since Og conked Grog over the head and took his cave. How do we ever go back to the idea of "giving back" land that was taken years ago? The borders are what they are because the winners of the wars drew them that way. No way is the US going to give back the southwest to Mexico, or to the Aztecs, or Mayans, or anyone else. If we did, the Mexican government would just screw it up, and the Mexican peasants would have to go farther north to cross the border. If the Mexicans or Mexican Americans think they want to be subjects of the government in Mexico City, they need their collective heads examined. Our government is pretty bad, but it is still one of the best in the world.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #106
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Me thinks you need a history lesson...
    Try 'thinksing' that I didnt give enough of a **** to cite the exact lineage but you can bet mehico was not once and always a sovereign country peopled by only mehicans. Better?

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    People have been fighting over land ever since Og conked Grog over the head and took his cave. How do we ever go back to the idea of "giving back" land that was taken years ago? The borders are what they are because the winners of the wars drew them that way. No way is the US going to give back the southwest to Mexico, or to the Aztecs, or Mayans, or anyone else. If we did, the Mexican government would just screw it up, and the Mexican peasants would have to go farther north to cross the border. If the Mexicans or Mexican Americans think they want to be subjects of the government in Mexico City, they need their collective heads examined. Our government is pretty bad, but it is still one of the best in the world.
    Yep...because they have done SUCH a wonderful job governing that country that 20-30 million of them risk their life to be 'from' there.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Who exactly are these mehicans that you speak of? You mean, the Spaniards? That stole the land from the Mayans?
    I am not talking about Mexicans, I am asking a question. Fail.

    If you want to get into it though, there are three types of Mexicans (Latinos), Peninsulara's, Mestizo's and the non-mixed native tribal locals. And the Spaniards stole the land from more than the Mayans... and it was the Incans and Aztecs that had empires toppled... the Mayans were well in decline by that point and were nothing more than various scattered tribes... Anything else you want to try and get me on and sound cool about or was that it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    People have been fighting over land ever since Og conked Grog over the head and took his cave. How do we ever go back to the idea of "giving back" land that was taken years ago? The borders are what they are because the winners of the wars drew them that way. No way is the US going to give back the southwest to Mexico, or to the Aztecs, or Mayans, or anyone else. If we did, the Mexican government would just screw it up, and the Mexican peasants would have to go farther north to cross the border. If the Mexicans or Mexican Americans think they want to be subjects of the government in Mexico City, they need their collective heads examined. Our government is pretty bad, but it is still one of the best in the world.
    ....but you were wrong about how many Mexicans there were, so chances are you are most likely wrong about Og and Grog too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    ....but you were wrong about how many Mexicans there were, so chances are you are most likely wrong about Og and Grog too...
    Well, it could have been Sug and Pug. That was a long time ago, and there were no written records, after all.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •