View Poll Results: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Most all of Mexicans want to take back their land

    3 6.82%
  • Yes! Some mexicans still want back the land they lost

    13 29.55%
  • No! Very few mexicans want back the land they lost

    9 20.45%
  • No! None of them want the land they lost to the US back

    1 2.27%
  • OTHER / I dont know / Chimichanga

    18 40.91%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 152

Thread: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

  1. #91
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post


    We should legalize drugs. The cartels would implode overnight. (yes, I'm serious)

    Not that quick BUUUUUT you mentioned a MAJOR part of all of this. Speaking to my mexican friends the cartels and drug mafias are KILLING their land. Anyone..... and I mean ANYONE the opposes them dies. The US extended a hand to the Northern most area in mexico. The "governor" declined. Either HE would be beheaded or his family..... or his friends.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  2. #92
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,011

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Who cares? The wrongs of the past are past and all we can do is treat people well now. What's next, the Native Americans? The Neanderthals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,011

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    This reeks of racism.
    Mexicans wanting land back is racist? ummm what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,011

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Here are some observations on the above:

    30 million illegals? That's way over half the population of Mexico. There are a lot of illegals, but please, 30 million?
    Last time I checked Mexico had perhaps the 10th largest population and it was almost 110 MILLION people, not 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #95
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It could also be argued that illegal aliens from Europe had a negative impact on the native Americans in what is now Mexico and the US as well.
    It could also be argued that the Indians stole the land from the animals that were here first. Since your argument has already gone ridiculous, what's left to say. The indians weren't a union; I mean are we going to try and find some ridiculous equivalence between the European settlers and those that already lived here, and apply it to the current situation? You aren't going to win the argument nor gain anyone's respect with it. Go back and see how often it's been used and failed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    If you check, you'll see that 12 million number has been used since the mid-90's and government figures also confirm that between 1 million and 1.5 million cross over into the USA annually. Even presuming some return to their country of origin, that still leaves an estimate of between 22 and 27 million here now. You're right, no one really knows, but the 12 million number is totally bogus. The estimated breakdown of illegals in the USA is that 60% are from Mexico, and another 24% are from Central America.
    The answer to the question is that no one knows exactly how many, but there are way too many for sure. Thirty million seems way high, as that is 10% of the entire population of the US. One in ten people living here are illegal immigrants? Let's hope that figure is as inflated as it sounds. Twelve is the official government figure, and therefore suspect.

    How many? too many.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    We should legalize drugs. The cartels would implode overnight. (yes, I'm serious)
    Seriously, that would solve more problems than it would create, and yes, the cartels would go the way of the bootlegger gangs of the '30s. We should start with the innocuous ones, like pot.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I agree no more amnesty. That's what started the stampede in the first place. I also agree we need to enforce our laws and go after employers of illegals. I'm okay with increasing the number of legal immigrants from Mexico... however, we already allow more immigrants from Mexico than from any other country on the planet, more than twice as many as India, which is the second-highest number of legal immigrants.
    Got that right. Legal immigrants can also be screened for gang bangers and druggies. I think we have enough of those already. Let's check and see.. Yes, we have all we need, and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Exactly. That's the main reason I get so angry about the situation, because I know that both sides are being bribed by campaign money and promise of votes not to enforce immigration laws. That's a real betrayal of the American people and of the positions these people were elected to uphold.
    Yep. It's called politics as usual, and it stinks as usual.

    Me thinks you don't know how many people live in Mexico...
    You got me there. I was thinking around 45-50 million. The actual figure is over 112 million.

    And what percent of them want to come to the US? I seem to remember reading around 40% or so, but then, I remembered 45 to 50 million so that may be a low figure too.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #97
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Mexicans wanting land back is racist? ummm what?

    Who exactly are these mehicans that you speak of? You mean, the Spaniards? That stole the land from the Mayans?

  8. #98
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It could also be argued that the Indians stole the land from the animals that were here first. Since your argument has already gone ridiculous, what's left to say. The indians weren't a union; I mean are we going to try and find some ridiculous equivalence between the European settlers and those that already lived here, and apply it to the current situation? You aren't going to win the argument nor gain anyone's respect with it. Go back and see how often it's been used and failed.
    It might also be pointed out that the indians slaughtered and enslaved each other on a regular basis long before the Euro's ever stepped foot on NA soil. Conquest is what people do. They always have.

  9. #99
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    After reading some responses on another forum regarding Arizona seceding from the Union (sorta) I stumbled upon one that was registered with a mexican IP addy that said:



    So My question to you is do Mexicans STILL want back the areas we took from them?
    I grew up in arizona. The mexican nationals and quite a few mexican americans believe we stole the southwest from them. Yes, a hell of a lot of mexicans, american and mexican nationals want it back. Just why wouldn't they?
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #100
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do Mexicans want their Land Back?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It might also be pointed out that the indians slaughtered and enslaved each other on a regular basis long before the Euro's ever stepped foot on NA soil. Conquest is what people do. They always have.
    We're supposed to feel guilty because our ancestors were better at it.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •