View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #71
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't know of any statistic that measures that but I can tell you from personal experience that same sex couples who marry are several times more likely to have children or seek to adopt children. Do you have differing experience?
    more likely than who??? same sex couple who are not married? well duh. or hetero couples?



    I think you were trying to insinuate they were.
    I think your natural tendancy to over react and kneejerk has you looking for and seeing offense where none is intended.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #72
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    more likely than who??? same sex couple who are not married? well duh.
    Thanks for agreeing with me. That was the point. Same sex marriage promotes family.

    I think your natural tendancy to over react and kneejerk has you looking for and seeing offense where none is intended.
    I think you deliberately chose the word "defective" to try to garner that reaction from people. It didn't work with me since I responded in the affirmative and simply called you out on it.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please point out where I said "only"

    strawman....
    If you're saying that heteros adopt when they are defective and then ask to concede that homosexuals who do the same are doing so for the same reason, you're clearly suggesting that being defective is the only reason to adopt. You're looking mighty dishonest kid.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please point out where I said "only"

    strawman....
    Point out where you said "some"

    You simply said that straights do it due to physical defect. I pointed out that's not always the case, as your post suggests by indicating what "straights" do not what "some straights" do.

    I adopted two kids and have two bio kids. my reason was because they had crackheads for mothers and no one of their own race would adopt them. we had them as foster kids for so long they kinda grew on us and just became a natural part of the family.
    So you "went against the way of nature"?

  5. #75
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Thanks for agreeing with me. That was the point. Same sex marriage promotes family.
    stupid point. that's like saying hungry people tend to eat more than non-hungry people. therefore hungry people promote eating.



    I think you deliberately chose the word "defective" to try to garner that reaction from people. It didn't work with me since I responded in the affirmative and simply called you out on it.
    again, you are just looking for something to get butthurt over. get over yourself. not everyone/thing is out to offend you.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #76
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Homosexuals are certainly biologically defective in the sense that they are not inclined to procreate. Of course, that doesn't mean they are defective as people.
    Modern genetics has made procreation very possible. They do the same for heterosexual women as well.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #77
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Point out where you said "some"

    You simply said that straights do it due to physical defect. I pointed out that's not always the case, as your post suggests by indicating what "straights" do not what "some straights" do.
    plain english. unless "ONLY" is specified, the meaning of the statement is not an absolute. you are just nit-picking semantics because you can't refute the basic premise.

    hetero couples tend to adopt because they can't have kids on their own.

    So you "went against the way of nature"?
    what? can't you read?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #78
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Modern genetics has made procreation very possible. They do the same for heterosexual women as well.
    they can make glow in the dark pigs and goats that give spider silk when milked too. does that make it natural or normal?
    Last edited by OscarB63; 02-02-11 at 01:14 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #79
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they can make glow in the dark pigs and goats that give spider silk when milked too. does that make it natural or normal?
    Link, please.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #80
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Last edited by OscarB63; 02-02-11 at 01:29 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •