View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #691
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Why?

    You would impose whatever "morality" you choose on everyone...

    Me?

    I have personal knowledge of several SS Unions...ALL have a loving, affectionate relationship with everyone around them.

    INCLUDING their own biological offspring...so I have no need to succumb to theortical obsevations by well....a judgemental biblical neophyte.

    ...and that ISN'T a "personal attack".

    Now JerrBear, you are welcome to ANYTHING you think/believe....but that doesn't make them a reality.

    By the way, I am sorry about the BP thing you went through.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ....continue.....
    Last edited by Amazed; 02-19-11 at 11:31 PM.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  2. #692
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What are you talking about? Lots of people know they are infertile before they get married. Lots of people decide they don't want children before they are married.
    Oh yeah, give me a list of who they are.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #693
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I have established that you worship a limited god
    No you have not. You have shown limited understanding of what a Christian even is, let alone proved anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    ....he can be ressurected, but he he can do nothing ephemeral
    That makes no sense at all. Jesus can be resurrected, but he can't do anything that last a short time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    ...I would suggest you go to the greek ....I would also suggest you worship a more powerful "god".
    I would suggest you actually address my post...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059287316

    I would also suggest you actually learn a little about Christianity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Question...why would you think I am a JW
    Because they use the same tired argument you used to prove, well nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #694
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Why?

    You would impose whatever "morality" you choose on everyone...

    Me?

    I have personal knowledge of several SS Unions...ALL have a loving, affectionate relationship with everyone around them.

    INCLUDING their own biological offspring...so I have no need to succumb to theortical obsevations by well....a judgemental biblical neophyte.

    ...and that ISN'T a "personal attack".

    Now JerrBear, you are welcome to ANYTHING you think/believe....but that doesn't make them a reality.

    By the way, I am sorry about the BP thing you went through.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?Just because you say it isn't a personal attack, doesn't mean the comment is not attacking. Please cease this behavior.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #695
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh yeah, give me a list of who they are.
    I already answered this question in post #496 of this thread. Why don't you go back and check it out?

    There is much more to it as well. Many people know that they aren't able to or don't want to have children before they get married. This isn't a myth or something that people on this board just made up. It is a fact and there is plenty of proof (which was already presented in this thread) to support it.
    t
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #696
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I already answered this question in post #496 of this thread. Why don't you go back and check it out?

    There is much more to it as well. Many people know that they aren't able to or don't want to have children before they get married. This isn't a myth or something that people on this board just made up. It is a fact and there is plenty of proof (which was already presented in this thread) to support it.
    t
    Try not using facts and then you wont upset people

    anyway for my own two cents, Fact is family is decided by the people involved and no one can make that decision for them really. If you think marriage promotes family that means ALL marriage, you cant try to separate them because thats just dishonesty. Its also amusing watching people trying to add adjectives and other prefixes to the word to feel better about their false stance.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #697
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Why?

    You would impose whatever "morality" you choose on everyone...

    Me?

    I have personal knowledge of several SS Unions...ALL have a loving, affectionate relationship with everyone around them.

    INCLUDING their own biological offspring...so I have no need to succumb to theortical obsevations by well....a judgemental biblical neophyte.

    ...and that ISN'T a "personal attack".

    Now JerrBear, you are welcome to ANYTHING you think/believe....but that doesn't make them a reality.

    By the way, I am sorry about the BP thing you went through.
    You asked a question... did Jesus rise from the dead. I answered yes. You have ignored this. Why? You seemed to be trying to make a point, what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #698
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    08-29-11 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    66

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes or no, and explain your answer.

    I say yes, SSM promotes family just like opposite sex marriage.
    While I strongly support SSM, or unions, or whatever you want to call it... I would say no. Reason being, SSM cannot reproduce children. So how can they truly promote family if they can't create one (on their own)? I know there are other options like adoption and in vitro, etc, but that's not a true family.

  9. #699
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by dadrone View Post
    While I strongly support SSM, or unions, or whatever you want to call it... I would say no. Reason being, SSM cannot reproduce children. So how can they truly promote family if they can't create one (on their own)? I know there are other options like adoption and in vitro, etc, but that's not a true family.
    What does that have to do with family?

    Whats a "true" family?

    While I agree that family is subjective and only the people involved can decide Im always confused why people have to invent things and use pre-fixes or add adjectives to family to try and change the question.

    If you think marriage promotes family then ALL marriage does, cant separate the two without being dishonest or illogical IMO.

    And if we just go by the definition of the word family, biological off-spring has nothing to do with the term at all.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #700
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    If someone rose from the dead ANYTHING is possible....is it not?

    Don't think I was asking you...but whatever

    A God that raises folks from the dead hasn't any limitations except those "He" sets for himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You asked a question... did Jesus rise from the dead. I answered yes. You have ignored this. Why? You seemed to be trying to make a point, what is it?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •