View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #61
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... this is ridiculous on so many levels. You do know straights adopt, artificially insaminate and donate sperm too right? Straights go against 'the way of nature' just as much if not more than gays do.
    bolded, yes I have adopted two myself. and FWIW, straights go against "the way of nature" when they are physically incapable of reproducing DUE TO DEFECT. now...if you are willing to conceed that homosexuals are defective...then your point might have some merit. otherwise....not so much.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #62
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    link please.
    Anecdotal evidence.

    Conservatives use it all the time in this debate, so allow me the same privilege.

  3. #63
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    bolded, yes I have adopted two myself. and FWIW, straights go against "the way of nature" when they are physically incapable of reproducing DUE TO DEFECT. now...if you are willing to conceed that homosexuals are defective...then your point might have some merit. otherwise....not so much.
    Homosexuals are certainly biologically defective in the sense that they are not inclined to procreate. Of course, that doesn't mean they are defective as people.

  4. #64
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    358

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    I am a strong supporter of SSM. But does it promote family? I think not. That's not to say that they can't or shouldn't raise children. But given the impossibility for the two participants in the marriage to procreate by themselves, I wouldn't think it promotes family. At the same time, I don't think it negatively affects family either. It certainly progresses the idea of what a family is though. But it doesn't give more support to family life or less support to family life.

  5. #65
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Anecdotal evidence.

    Conservatives use it all the time in this debate, so allow me the same privilege.
    and they get called out on it and ridiculed all the time too. so meh....sauce for the goose, Mr. Savik.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #66
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Homosexuals are certainly biologically defective in the sense that they are not inclined to procreate. Of course, that doesn't mean they are defective as people.
    never said they were.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    bolded, yes I have adopted two myself. and FWIW, straights go against "the way of nature" when they are physically incapable of reproducing DUE TO DEFECT. now...if you are willing to conceed that homosexuals are defective...then your point might have some merit. otherwise....not so much.
    This is not even remotely accurate. Straights adopt for all kinds of reasons. On this board alone there are 3-4 posters who have both biological children and have adopted kids in other countries. ****, I myself have a biological child and I'm considering adopting one from Eastern Europe.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    bolded, yes I have adopted two myself. and FWIW, straights go against "the way of nature" when they are physically incapable of reproducing DUE TO DEFECT. now...if you are willing to conceed that homosexuals are defective...then your point might have some merit. otherwise....not so much.
    Huh? Due to Defect? Only due to defect?

    I've known of people who adopt for reasons that have nothing to do with being physically incapable of reproducing.

  9. #69
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and they get called out on it and ridiculed all the time too. so meh....sauce for the goose, Mr. Savik.
    I don't know of any statistic that measures that but I can tell you from personal experience that same sex couples who marry are several times more likely to have children or seek to adopt children. Do you have differing experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    never said they were.
    I think you were trying to insinuate they were.

  10. #70
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Huh? Due to Defect? Only due to defect?

    I've known of people who adopt for reasons that have nothing to do with being physically incapable of reproducing.
    please point out where I said "only"

    strawman....

    I adopted two kids and have two bio kids. my reason was because they had crackheads for mothers and no one of their own race would adopt them. we had them as foster kids for so long they kinda grew on us and just became a natural part of the family.

    so yes, there are people who adopt for many reasons. but I would wager that the majority of couples adopt because they are unable to have kids on their own.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 02-02-11 at 01:04 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •