View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #631
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    (smile) You aren't capable of it.

    Now, IF some wants to claim they are "Christian", and a Religious "Zealot" then a baseline must be established...the gentleman in question seems to not want to follow up on his "arguements" as being against ssm on Biblical grounds....as a "Christian" (as defined in the most meaningful sense of the word) one cannot pick and choose which "Bible" passages ne likes...and which ones they don't.

    Either the "Bible" is the word of one's God, or isn't...all or nothing.

    Now I don't care either way, but I won't someone have it both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I went back to read what you're all in a tizzy about, and I don't see it? Your whole argument stems from some false dichotomy concerning the "word of God" and the Bible. Either you believe it all, or none of it? Is that your argument? I want to know before I tear you a new one sunshine.


    Tim-
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  2. #632
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Oh yes, I am never in a "tizzy", been around too long to let an internet anything "rile" me
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #633
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,591
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    What?! SSM means SAME SEX marriage? OMG
    So since your claim that people are saying it is the "same", even though obviously it isn't, what exactly are you complaining about. It's clear either you do not understand the argument made, or are misrepresenting it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #634
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,626

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    (smile)Now, IF some wants to claim they are "Christian", and a Religious "Zealot" then a baseline must be established
    Christian = One who believes Christ is his savior and the son of God. That's it.

    There are 33,820 different sects of Christianity. So who decides this base line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    ...the gentleman in question seems to not want to follow up on his "arguements" as being against ssm on Biblical grounds....as a "Christian" (as defined in the most meaningful sense of the word) one cannot pick and choose which "Bible" passages ne likes...and which ones they don't.
    This is absolute hogwash. If this were the case, Christians again would not have 33,820 different sects. Actually that number is old. By now it may have even doubled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Either the "Bible" is the word of one's God, or isn't...all or nothing.
    I believe it is. Told from the perspective of each different author. 66+ different people wrote the Bible, it was not originally one book.

    You assertions thus far are pretty un-historical or accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Now I don't care either way, but I won't someone have it both ways.
    Your opinion is duly noted even if it means little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #635
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    one cannot pick and choose which "Bible" passages ne likes...and which ones they don't.
    To be fair, I said the NIV was the one I could read and understand as I don't get old English at all.

    If we were going to be pure, we would read every text in it's original language.

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well, for me, I don't want the ability to marry a man. That's not my game.
    Non-sequitur that has nothing to do with what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're trying to change your argument. You presented the argument that SSM should be allowed 'for the sake of the children'. You need to demonstrate why no other union should be granted 'for the sake of the children'.
    Marriage is about family and so is SSM. Nothing has changed in my argument.

    Incest is not beneficial to children because it creates guaranteed genetic abnormality and dysfunction.

    Polygamy is not beneficial to children because all research points to two stable parent figures being required for healthy psychology.

    Marrying an animal is absurd, and if you think the slippery slope would lead to that, then you're just a fool.

    Marrying a child is illegal because a child cannot enter into contract, and it's morally reprehensible.

    Is there any other kind of marriage you want to bring up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So you support banning marriage when inheritable genetic disorders are present?
    I said nothing about inheritable genetic disorders. You just made that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's an integrity check on your argument, not evidence of anything.
    No, it's you nitpicking for the sake of wanting to be right, instead of discussing the facts of the situation. You're being contrary for contrariness' sake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Link or it demonstrates no such thing.
    I'm not doing the work for you. It's been commonly established which is why the polygamy debate is non-existent right now. Also, marriage and family structures have been always been between two people. Even in Middle Eastern cultures where multiple wives are common, there is still a primary wife that bears the children while the others are a support role only. The children born have two fixed parents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm sorry to see you leave the forum. Have a good one
    Stop being a jerk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ahh so you're retracting your argument
    Explanation or it never happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I never did

    You just think I'm anti-SSM just because I can shoot down your cookie-cutter arguments
    Only in your imagination did that happen. Most of your victories were the result of blatantly distorting and manipulating the things I've said because you have some weird dysfunction when it comes to wanting to pat yourself on the back for being a jerk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Yes the Bible was written by humans. Everyone knows this. I mean the original scripts are in human handwriting, even.
    Right... so why do you think the Bible has anything to do with what God wants? Is it because the authors supposedly spoke to God? You know, in today's world that would be mental illness. Maybe you should get your head checked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Hey guess what? The Constitution and the Deceleration of Independence were written by humans, too...that doesn't make them any less valid.
    Hey guess what, we KNOW who wrote the Constitution and the entire context in which it was written because it was a secular document outlining the founding of a nation. The Bible is composed of many dozen books (many of which are not even included in the version available), edited and translated over the ages but a myriad of unknown people. Its stories are controversial and not objective. It's not even close to being the legal document that the Constitution is.

    Nice try though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Please keep in mind, however, that Pro-SSM brought the bible into this discussion. If you follow the track-backs, you'll see that religion, the church, and what the bible has to say was initiated by YourStar in post 124. It's been a part of this thread for a long time and is not simply excluded because you say so. YouStar has been caught in an integrity fault by cherry-picking scripture. Do you want to help her out or just abandon your fellow pro-SSM?
    I'm not really interested in your he-said-she-said non-sense, or your accusatory or partisan overtones. I called BS on a comment you made and if you can't deal with that without trying to bait, evade, and misdirect the blame to someone else, then maybe you should sign off of this thread your heiness.

  7. #637
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Non-sequitur that has nothing to do with what I said.
    That wasn't supposed to do with anything anyone said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Incest is not beneficial to children because it creates guaranteed genetic abnormality and dysfunction.
    Until you ban other marriages where inheritable genetic disorders are an isse, you have to allow them 'for the children'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Polygamy is not beneficial to children because all research points to two stable parent figures being required for healthy psychology.
    Links or "research" says no such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Marrying an animal is absurd, and if you think the slippery slope would lead to that, then you're just a fool.
    I don't believe I said anything about animals....

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Marrying a child is illegal because a child cannot enter into contract, and it's morally reprehensible.
    Parental consent ftw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Is there any other kind of marriage you want to bring up?
    All categories of "high-risk", which include couples under 26, mixed race and mixed faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I said nothing about inheritable genetic disorders. You just made that up.
    I didn't say you did say anything about inheritable genetic disorders, and no I actually came across that argument on another forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    No, it's you nitpicking for the sake of wanting to be right, instead of discussing the facts of the situation. You're being contrary for contrariness' sake.
    It's an integrity check of your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I'm not doing the work for you.
    It's your claim so it's your work. Link or it says no such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Hey guess what, we KNOW who wrote the Constitution and the entire context in which it was written because it was a secular document outlining the founding of a nation. The Bible is composed of many dozen books (many of which are not even included in the version available), edited and translated over the ages but a myriad of unknown people. Its stories are controversial and not objective. It's not even close to being the legal document that the Constitution is.
    Hey guess what, that wasn't your argument. You said the bible was invalid only because man wrote it. Therefore you hold that any and everything, including computer software, that man writes is invalid. Having been caught in your lie, you now want to change your argument. Go ahead, but we see how you messed up.

    My N.I.V. names everyone who translated it from the original Greek and Hebrew to modern English. Oh well, you don't seem very interested in evidence and this thread isn't about the bible anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I'm not really interested in your he-said-she-said non-sense, or your accusatory or partisan overtones. I called BS on a comment you made and if you can't deal with that without trying to bait, evade, and misdirect the blame to someone else, then maybe you should sign off of this thread your heiness.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-15-11 at 04:18 AM.

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Until you ban other marriages where inheritable genetic disorders are an isse, you have to allow them 'for the children'.
    I'll say it again... the genetic disorder caused by incest is not inherited, it is acquired. Two completely healthy adults who are related can create a genetically dysfunctional individual. But you don't know the science, so I can't blame you for your ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Links or "research" says no such thing.
    There's not much point. You're clinging pretty tightly to your slippery slope fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Parental consent ftw.
    Really? A five year old can get married merely with parental consent? Link?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    All categories of "high-risk", which include couples under 26, mixed race and mixed faith.
    You'll have to expand upon this one. Why are they high risk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I didn't say you did say anything about inheritable genetic disorders, and no I actually came across that argument on another forum.
    Yet you continue to refer to genetic incest as an inherited genetic disorder, which it isn't. Maybe you need to check your facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's an integrity check of your argument.
    Others have met your so-called checks only to be brushed aside. No thanks. I'm not doing the work for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's your claim so it's your work. Link or it says no such thing.
    Or WHAT says no such thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hey guess what, that wasn't your argument. You said the bible was invalid only because man wrote it. Therefore you hold that any and everything, including computer software, that man writes is invalid.
    Wow, major logical fallacy here. You are either stupid or intellectually dishonest, and I'm not sure which is worse. You took one specific thing and turned it into a generalization that I never said. I said the Bible is invalid as a testament to God's will, since man wrote it. See: the Bible cannot attest to God's will because God did not write it. Are you having trouble following a specific string or logic? I know that can be hard for the religious, but try to keep up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Having been caught in your lie, you now want to change your argument. Go ahead, but we see how you messed up.
    Hardly a lie. The Bible was written by humans and is thus incapable of addressing God's will, despite you and your ilk thinking that it does so concretely. Again, your distortions in this debate are very obvious and sadly unclever. Whatever axe you have to grind, it's pretty pathetic the way you're acting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My N.I.V. names everyone who translated it from the original Greek and Hebrew to modern English. Oh well, you don't seem very interested in evidence and this thread isn't about the bible anyway.
    Are you still claiming that the Bible objectively depicts God's will? Unless God wrote it, you are the liar.

    Oh wait, here, let's do that which you are so fond of: provide a link which proves that the Bible is God's will, otherwise you're a liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I know, your string of fallacies are quite hilarious. It's good that you can laugh at your own mistakes though.

  9. #639
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal
    Incest is not beneficial to children because it creates guaranteed genetic abnormality and dysfunction.
    An incest baby is 1% to 4% higher at risk of having mutations than the offspring of unrelated couples. That is hardly guaranteed.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-15-11 at 05:25 AM.

  10. #640
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,193

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    An incest baby is 1% to 4% higher at risk of having mutations than the offspring of unrelated couples. That is hardly guaranteed.
    You forget that the risk is multiplied for every subsequent generation of incest. It becomes guaranteed.

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •