View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Um Jerry...gays prefer people of the same gender. That is different.
    What?! SSM means SAME SEX marriage? OMG

  2. #622
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Really?

    That's it, Jerry believes so it is so?

    Not a good debate tactic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If that's so, then how can gays insist that they are the same as heteros?

    ***
    I've been in to many DP threads where pro-SSM pulls out data from U.S. States and other countries which have legalized SSM for anyone to now simply say "nu-uuh" and I believe it.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #623
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Except that, they occur with much more frequency in the homosexual culture than in the heterosexual one.. Hence, if it occurs with more frequency, and as you say are the same "factors" that contribute to heterosexual divorce, one can add up the predictive correlates, no?

    Sorry if this was already mentioned, just posting as I read your post..


    Tim-
    What happens more often... separation? You know that you can't count separation of a non-married homosexual couple against anything other than the separation of a non-married heterosexual couple, right? Once this simple little bit of logic is understood, your whole issue become moot.

    Both orientations separate frequently when not married...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #624
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Really?

    That's it, Jerry believes so it is so?

    Not a good debate tactic.
    I've learned to wait until a new member conforms to the norms of posting style before giving them any real effort, so don't expect anything of real substance out of any response I have for you until then.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-14-11 at 08:38 PM.

  5. #625
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Meaning you've learned I will hold your feet to the fire in what you post

    All the same, your opinion is no more than the next man's.

    Like I said Jerry, just because YOU "believe" something doesn't make it fact, sorry.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I've learned to wait until a new member conforms to the norms of posting style before giving them any real effort, so don't expect anything of really substance out of any response I have to until then.
    you Post.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  6. #626
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What happens more often... separation? You know that you can't count separation of a non-married homosexual couple against anything other than the separation of a non-married heterosexual couple, right? Once this simple little bit of logic is understood, your whole issue become moot.

    Both orientations separate frequently when not married...
    They do? Any data to back that up?



    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What happens more often... separation? You know that you can't count separation of a non-married homosexual couple against anything other than the separation of a non-married heterosexual couple, right? Once this simple little bit of logic is understood, your whole issue become moot.

    Both orientations separate frequently when not married...
    One thing I'm worried about, I'm not saying this is certain, it's just a concern, is all these gay couples living together prior to being married. When SSM is legalized, since living together prior to marriage is correlated with divorce, how many of these couples pro-SSM is fighting for will even last?

  8. #628
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Meaning you've learned I will hold your feet to the fire in what you post

    All the same, your opinion is no more than the next man's.

    Like I said Jerry, just because YOU "believe" something doesn't make it fact, sorry.


    you Post.
    I went back to read what you're all in a tizzy about, and I don't see it? Your whole argument stems from some false dichotomy concerning the "word of God" and the Bible. Either you believe it all, or none of it? Is that your argument? I want to know before I tear you a new one sunshine.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #629
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    That said, it WILL have to wait, as I have a date with my woman on the bed with some popcorn, and a movie, and whatever pops up..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #630
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    They do? Any data to back that up?



    Tim-
    Data? Is that a joke? It is simple logic. You can't compare non-comparable items... when talking about apples, introducing a walnut simple makes no sense. Think what you want... I can only introduce people to reality if they are willing to see and hear it.


    Jerry
    One thing I'm worried about, I'm not saying this is certain, it's just a concern, is all these gay couples living together prior to being married. When SSM is legalized, since living together prior to marriage is correlated with divorce, how many of these couples pro-SSM is fighting for will even last?
    Good point. No idea. Perhaps they will end primarily in divorce. I would think that, logically, given some time that problem would balance itself out and we would start seeing higher rates of staying together that would probably settle with stats similar to heterosexual marriage... then it would all just be a comparable "marriage".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •