View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #611
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Scripture speaks against same-sex relations, but it speaks higher of doing right by children, so if SSM is doing right by children the good outweighs the bad.
    Sorry I must have missed the "if the good outweighs the bad" clause in the Bible.

    Nonetheless you cannot oppose same sex marriage on the grounds of divorce. If you want to oppose all state sanctioned marriage, then you would be fine, but selectively arguing you oppose same sex marriage until all marriage is overhauled makes no sense.

  2. #612
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,334

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I already told you, SSM furthers the 50% divorce rate as per pro-SSM arguments that gays are no different than heteros.
    How does it "further" the divorce rate? It's a ludicrous argument.

  3. #613
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,999

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Oh Jerry...you ran from the debate.

    One must be prepared to back up one's claims when one makes them...if you are going to condemn it on the grounds of "scripture" you shouldn't be afraid to reveal just what "scripture" you are talking about.

    I am assasinating nothing....you just don't like being pinned down to what the things you type actually mean.

    You ain't my first rodeo cowboy

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does Same Sex Marriage promote family? That's enough baiting, Amazed. You've been warned twice. You will not be warned again.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #614
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    With all due respect, nobody is baiting anyone.

    I am asking him legitimate questions based upon his posts.

    He brought up scripture he shouldn't be afraid to clarify, and you shouldn't be afraid to let him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Does Same Sex Marriage promote family? That's enough baiting, Amazed. You've been warned twice. You will not be warned again.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  5. #615
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,792
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?Do not question moderator actions inthread. This is a potential 10 point infraction.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,655

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Um...that doesn't change the fact that it is terrible reasoning. The factors that lead to a 50% divorce rate in heterosexual couples are the same as those that influence same sex couples. As such, you can't use divorce as a justification for denying same sex couples the right to marry.
    Except that, they occur with much more frequency in the homosexual culture than in the heterosexual one.. Hence, if it occurs with more frequency, and as you say are the same "factors" that contribute to heterosexual divorce, one can add up the predictive correlates, no?

    Sorry if this was already mentioned, just posting as I read your post..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    How does it "further" the divorce rate? It's a ludicrous argument.
    It is, in fact, what pro-SSM has told me on this forum.

    If SSM will further (continue, perpetuate, emulate, condone) the 50% divorce rate, then since I already oppose most hetero marriages due to that divorce rate I must therefore also oppose most SSM.

    In this way it really has nothing to do with gays and only has to do with high-at-risk couplings.

    If SSM has a lower divorce rate, then I logically must support SSM more than OSM. If SSM has a higher divorce rate, then I must logically oppose SSM more than OSM
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-14-11 at 07:08 PM.

  8. #618
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,792
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It is, in fact, what pro-SSM has told me on this forum.

    If SSM will further (continue, perpetuate, emulate, condone) the 50% divorce rate, then since I already oppose most hetero marriages due to that divorce rate I must therefore also oppose most SSM.

    In this way it really has nothing to do with gays and only has to do with high-at-risk couplings.

    If SSM has a lower divorce rate, then I logically must support SSM more than OSM. If SSM has a higher divorce rate, then I must logically oppose SSM more than OSM
    There is zero data either way. We do not know what the divorce rate would be with SSM.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is zero data either way. We do not know what the divorce rate would be with SSM.
    If that's so, then how can gays insist that they are the same as heteros?

    ***
    I've been in to many DP threads where pro-SSM pulls out data from U.S. States and other countries which have legalized SSM for anyone to now simply say "nu-uuh" and I believe it.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-14-11 at 07:20 PM.

  10. #620
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,792
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If that's so, then how can gay insist that they are the same as heteros?
    Um Jerry...gays prefer people of the same gender. That is different.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •