View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #541
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, thanks for your stated opinion.

    One might ask on another poll whether allowing homosexual marriage promotes marriage infidelity? I suspect the answer would be yes? Is a family still a family by your definition if a marriage is wrought with infidelity? Infidelity I might add that seems pervasive in the homosexual community, certainly more so percentage-wise than the heterosexual culture.. Add, domestic violence to the equation, and this whole idea of homosexuality promoting family seems to contradict itself, at least statistically when we look at the numbers compared to their heterosexual counter-parts. What about drug and alcohol abuse? Again, statistically more prevalent in homosexual communities, and individuals than in heterosexual circles. One has to ask themselves whether all of these tangible characteristics are really worth giving any weight to, when the question of promoting family enters into the equation.


    Tim-
    I guess it really is easier to just say that homosexuals are more the more violent, drunk, high and cheating of the two orientations for some.


    Well, thanks for your stated opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #542
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Making you a Bible Thumper...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The difference Your Star and I have is not whether or not the God we both already believe in exists. We already agree on that.

    Our difference is whether or not SSM is against the rules of the God we both already agree exists, and yes that's easy to prove with a simple scriptural quote.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #543
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Now Jerry......which Binle do you ascribe to??

    I'm betting the New World Translation..



    Mat 4:10 Then 5119 saith 3004 Jesus 2424 unto him 846, Get thee hence 5217 , Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Mat 12:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567, he is divided 3307 against 1909 himself 1438; how 4459 shall 2476 0 then 3767 his 846 kingdom 932 stand 2476 ?
    Mat 16:23 But 1161 he turned 4762 , and said 2036 unto Peter 4074, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: thou 1488 art 3754 an offence 4625 unto me 3450: for thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things 3588 that be of God 2316, but 235 those that be of men 444.
    Mar 1:13 And 2532 he was 2258 there 1563 in 1722 the wilderness 2048 forty 5062 days 2250, tempted 3985 of 5259 Satan 4567; and 2532 was 2258 with 3326 the wild beasts 2342; and 2532 the angels 32 ministered 1247 unto him 846.
    Mar 3:23 And 2532 he called 4341 them 846 [unto him], and said 3004 unto them 846 in 1722 parables 3850, How 4459 can 1410 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567?
    Mar 3:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 rise up 450 against 1909 himself 1438, and 2532 be divided 3307 , he cannot 3756 1410 stand 2476 , but 235 hath 2192 an end 5056.
    Mar 4:15 And 1161 these 3778 are they 1526 by 3844 the way side 3598, where 3699 the word 3056 is sown 4687 ; but 2532 when 3752 they have heard 191 , Satan 4567 cometh 2064 immediately 2112, and 2532 taketh away 142 the word 3056 that was sown 4687 in 1722 their 846 hearts 2588.
    Mar 8:33 But 1161 when he had turned about 1994 and 2532 looked 1492 on his 846 disciples 3101, he rebuked 2008 Peter 4074, saying 3004 , Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 3754 thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things that be of God 2316, but 235 the things that be of men 444.
    Luk 4:8 And 2532 Jesus 2424 answered 611 and said 2036 unto him 846, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Luk 10:18 And 1161 he said 2036 unto them 846, I beheld 2334 Satan 4567 as 5613 lightning 796 fall 4098 from 1537 heaven 3772.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No.

    "Satan" is more of a generic term used to describe just about any antagonistic Nephelim, whereas Lucifer is the name of a specific being. Some bible-thumper will say something like "abortion is the work of Satan", which is true in a general sense, but the name of the Nephilim which taught Man abortion is Kasayed; a Nephilim.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  4. #544
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Making you a Bible Thumper...
    Jerry the Bible Thumper does not support same sex marriage. Who would have guessed?

  5. #545
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Actually it depends on his mood I think.

    Jerry fancies himself a world apart...a higher being...

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Jerry the Bible Thumper does not support same sex marriage. Who would have guessed?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Now Jerry......which Binle do you ascribe to??

    I'm betting the New World Translation..



    Mat 4:10 Then 5119 saith 3004 Jesus 2424 unto him 846, Get thee hence 5217 , Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Mat 12:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567, he is divided 3307 against 1909 himself 1438; how 4459 shall 2476 0 then 3767 his 846 kingdom 932 stand 2476 ?
    Mat 16:23 But 1161 he turned 4762 , and said 2036 unto Peter 4074, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: thou 1488 art 3754 an offence 4625 unto me 3450: for thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things 3588 that be of God 2316, but 235 those that be of men 444.
    Mar 1:13 And 2532 he was 2258 there 1563 in 1722 the wilderness 2048 forty 5062 days 2250, tempted 3985 of 5259 Satan 4567; and 2532 was 2258 with 3326 the wild beasts 2342; and 2532 the angels 32 ministered 1247 unto him 846.
    Mar 3:23 And 2532 he called 4341 them 846 [unto him], and said 3004 unto them 846 in 1722 parables 3850, How 4459 can 1410 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567?
    Mar 3:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 rise up 450 against 1909 himself 1438, and 2532 be divided 3307 , he cannot 3756 1410 stand 2476 , but 235 hath 2192 an end 5056.
    Mar 4:15 And 1161 these 3778 are they 1526 by 3844 the way side 3598, where 3699 the word 3056 is sown 4687 ; but 2532 when 3752 they have heard 191 , Satan 4567 cometh 2064 immediately 2112, and 2532 taketh away 142 the word 3056 that was sown 4687 in 1722 their 846 hearts 2588.
    Mar 8:33 But 1161 when he had turned about 1994 and 2532 looked 1492 on his 846 disciples 3101, he rebuked 2008 Peter 4074, saying 3004 , Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 3754 thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things that be of God 2316, but 235 the things that be of men 444.
    Luk 4:8 And 2532 Jesus 2424 answered 611 and said 2036 unto him 846, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Luk 10:18 And 1161 he said 2036 unto them 846, I beheld 2334 Satan 4567 as 5613 lightning 796 fall 4098 from 1537 heaven 3772.
    If you could perhaps remove all those numbers and provide some of your own content to supplement a quote I might know what your talking about and could reply.

    And no I use the NIV simply because i don't understand old English.

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Now Jerry......which Binle do you ascribe to??

    I'm betting the New World Translation..



    Mat 4:10 Then 5119 saith 3004 Jesus 2424 unto him 846, Get thee hence 5217 , Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Mat 12:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567, he is divided 3307 against 1909 himself 1438; how 4459 shall 2476 0 then 3767 his 846 kingdom 932 stand 2476 ?
    Mat 16:23 But 1161 he turned 4762 , and said 2036 unto Peter 4074, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: thou 1488 art 3754 an offence 4625 unto me 3450: for thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things 3588 that be of God 2316, but 235 those that be of men 444.
    Mar 1:13 And 2532 he was 2258 there 1563 in 1722 the wilderness 2048 forty 5062 days 2250, tempted 3985 of 5259 Satan 4567; and 2532 was 2258 with 3326 the wild beasts 2342; and 2532 the angels 32 ministered 1247 unto him 846.
    Mar 3:23 And 2532 he called 4341 them 846 [unto him], and said 3004 unto them 846 in 1722 parables 3850, How 4459 can 1410 Satan 4567 cast out 1544 Satan 4567?
    Mar 3:26 And 2532 if 1487 Satan 4567 rise up 450 against 1909 himself 1438, and 2532 be divided 3307 , he cannot 3756 1410 stand 2476 , but 235 hath 2192 an end 5056.
    Mar 4:15 And 1161 these 3778 are they 1526 by 3844 the way side 3598, where 3699 the word 3056 is sown 4687 ; but 2532 when 3752 they have heard 191 , Satan 4567 cometh 2064 immediately 2112, and 2532 taketh away 142 the word 3056 that was sown 4687 in 1722 their 846 hearts 2588.
    Mar 8:33 But 1161 when he had turned about 1994 and 2532 looked 1492 on his 846 disciples 3101, he rebuked 2008 Peter 4074, saying 3004 , Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 3754 thou savourest 5426 not 3756 the things that be of God 2316, but 235 the things that be of men 444.
    Luk 4:8 And 2532 Jesus 2424 answered 611 and said 2036 unto him 846, Get thee 5217 behind 3694 me 3450, Satan 4567: for 1063 it is written 1125 , Thou shalt worship 4352 the Lord 2962 thy 4675 God 2316, and 2532 him 846 only 3441 shalt thou serve 3000 .
    Luk 10:18 And 1161 he said 2036 unto them 846, I beheld 2334 Satan 4567 as 5613 lightning 796 fall 4098 from 1537 heaven 3772.
    Not sure why you brought the difference between Lucifer and Satan into this(don't ask my belief on it). You've also brought in scripture. Since you accel in doing that, perhaps you wouldn't mind posting in the scripture in both the New and Old testamnet that are against homosexuality? I know they're there (sincerely), but you'd seem more apt to do so, and I have less time.

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Jerry the Bible Thumper does not support same sex marriage. Who would have guessed?
    That's as bland as me saying that liberals don't believe in God's absolute morality.

    If you thought that as an insult to Jerry, it's not really one at all. Maybe if you get more personal and reckless you'll do better at provoking people; rather than stating statements that don't insult anyone at all.

  9. #549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Not sure why you brought the difference between Lucifer and Satan into this(don't ask my belief on it). You've also brought in scripture. Since you accel in doing that, perhaps you wouldn't mind posting in the scripture in both the New and Old testamnet that are against homosexuality? I know they're there (sincerely), but you'd seem more apt to do so, and I have less time.
    I like how they introduce scripture and religion into the thread and then accuse others of being the bible-thumper. Trolling at it's finest

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I like how they introduce scripture and religion into the thread and then accuse others of being the bible-thumper. Trolling at it's finest
    To be objective, I see it differently. I see them as not being devout Christians at all, but state scriptures and try to argue their case as those they understand religion based from experience. They call people "Bible-thumpers" because those being called that are actually devout in their religion. Some truly devout Christians aren't only not phased, but take pride by being called that because it's essentially a non-believer making fun of their devotion and depth of experience.

Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •