View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes or no, and explain your answer.

    I say yes, SSM promotes family just like opposite sex marriage.
    Same sex marriage is moral insanity. Such an ideology is far more dangerous to the American way of life than is EXTERNAL TERRORISM. America is being held hostage by moral and judicial domestic terrorism. The majority of Americans reject the very idea of homosexuality as being normal, moral or mainstream, 43 states have laws on the books making same sex marriage illegal and 29 states have incorporated amendments to their state constitutions forbidding same sex marriage. The United States is coming ever closer to not only facing an economic collapse but a moral implosion.... just as the Communists detailed in their list of Communist Goals in the 1960s, they will use our court system to bring the United States down from within, and the attack on the American Family by Gay Rights Activists is just one example. This modern judicial radicalism has done away with over 200 years of Constitutional Precedent in just the last few decades in order to promote immorality as a CIVIL RIGHT. Notice Goals number 16 and 26 of the Documented list of Communist goals within the United States, with the ACLU to be used as their TRANSMISSION....promoting homosexuality certainly does not construct FAMILY VALUES, no more than promoting any immoral activity promotes family values. Why can't little "Bobby/Suzy" have two or 3 mommies and one daddy the way the Mormons wanted, are their RIGHTS TO supposed love and happiness any less important than homosexuals? What about the Bi-Sexuals, what if they can only be happily in love by having ONE EACH, a male and a female as domestic partners....are their rights to happiness any less important than the homosexual who prefers only the same sex? Where does it end? Can all these examples be accepted as a NORMAL FAMILY? If not, why not? By what stoke of logic does anyone deny them their right to happiness and love as defined by them?

    Communist Goals - 1963 Congressional Record
    Last edited by Walter; 02-10-11 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Same sex marriage is moral insanity. Such an ideology is far more dangerous to the American way of life than is EXTERNAL TERRORISM. America is being held hostage by moral and judicial domestic terrorism. The majority of Americans reject the very idea of homosexuality as being normal, moral or mainstream, 43 states have laws on the books making same sex marriage illegal and 29 states have incorporated amendments to their state constitutions forbidding same sex marriage. The United States is coming ever closer to not only facing an economic collapse but a moral implosion.... just as the Communists detailed in their list of Communist Goals in the 1960s, they will use our court system to bring the United States down from within, and the attack on the American Family by Gay Rights Activists is just one example. This modern judicial radicalism has done away with over 200 years of Constitutional Precedent in just the last few decades in order to promote immorality as a CIVIL RIGHT. Notice Goals number 16 and 26 of the Documented list of Communist goals within the United States, with the ACLU to be used as their TRANSMISSION....promoting homosexuality certainly does not construct FAMILY VALUES, no more than promoting any immoral activity promotes family values. Why can't little "Bobby/Suzy" have two or 3 mommies and one daddy the way the Mormons wanted, are their RIGHTS TO supposed love and happiness any less important than homosexuals? What about the Bi-Sexuals, what if they can only be happily in love by having ONE EACH, a male and a female as domestic partners....are their rights to happiness any less important than the homosexual who prefers only the same sex? Where does it end? Can all these examples be accepted as a NORMAL FAMILY? If not, why not? By what stoke of logic does anyone deny them their right to happiness and love as defined by them?

    Communist Goals - 1963 Congressional Record
    You will need to cite Mr. Skousen's source.

    Congress merely read it on the floor, which is why those goals are matter of congressional record, not because the conspiracy was independently validated with supporting evidence.

    Just flip to the back of your personal copy of The Naked Communist and tell us what he uses as his source.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-10-11 at 11:09 PM.

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You will need to cite Mr. Skousen's source.

    Congress merely read it on the floor, which is why those goals are matter of congressional record, not because the conspiracy was independently validated with supporting evidence.

    Just flip to the back of your personal copy of The Naked Communist and tell us what he uses as his source.
    The Goals are self evident, the only thing you need to site is "COMMON SENSE" as the United States is on the verge of both Economic and Moral Collapse with the ACLU leading the assault. Poverty is up to its highest level since the goals were read into the congressional record, The US is 14 Trillion Dollars in Debt, Crime is up 300% as the ACLU defends the criminals and punishes the righteous. Even consider this thread, homosexuality promoted as a "NORMAL" family value. Human Life devalued by the murderous action of abortion on demand...the list goes on an on, porn pumped directly into the home, women treated as sexual objects, the Democratic Party has incorporated Marxist Communists into their mist, simply go down the list, simply look around and it is evident what has been implemented. The assault continues on our Constitution, simply look at the 28 states that have sued for CONSTITUTIONAL RELIEF of totalitarian mandates coming from the Central Government in direct opposition of the Peoples will.

    To play internet tag is a useless endeavor when communicating with the indoctrinated, as some refuse to see the forest because the trees block the view. Regardless of what factual evidence is presented the circular argument will continue ending at the beginning point, which was the evidence of the LIST being introduced into the congressional record, and the history of the ACLU attempting to hide and deflect from the validated evidence of that organizations grounded foundation in Social Communism.

    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45959
    Last edited by Walter; 02-11-11 at 12:29 AM.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,851

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Same sex marriage is moral insanity.
    Do you have actual evidence about the insanity or is this just circumstantial bigoted rhetoric?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The Goals are self evident, the only thing you need to site is "COMMON SENSE" as the United States is on the verge of both Economic and Moral Collapse with the ACLU leading the assault. Poverty is up to its highest level since the goals were read into the congressional record, The US is 14 Trillion Dollars in Debt, Crime is up 300% as the ACLU defends the criminals and punishes the righteous. Even consider this thread, homosexuality promoted as a "NORMAL" family value. Human Life devalued by the murderous action of abortion on demand...the list goes on an on, porn pumped directly into the home, women treated as sexual objects, the Democratic Party has incorporated Marxist Communists into their mist, simply go down the list, simply look around and it is evident what has been implemented. The assault continues on our Constitution, simply look at the 28 states that have sued for CONSTITUTIONAL RELIEF of totalitarian mandates coming from the Central Government in direct opposition of the Peoples will.

    To play internet tag is a useless endeavor when communicating with the indoctrinated, as some refuse to see the forest because the trees block the view. Regardless of what factual evidence is presented the circular argument will continue ending at the beginning point, which was the evidence of the LIST being introduced into the congressional record, and the history of the ACLU attempting to hide and deflect from the validated evidence of that organizations grounded foundation in Social Communism.

    The ACLU's shocking legacy
    World Nut Daily...outstanding....you may as well be quoting NARTH.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    I haven't heard a good reason to stop SSM yet, and I've been all ears since the get go. Mind you, I've lived in Canada for the past few years and up here it's a non-issue at this point. In 2000 I think it was, the Fed passed the house vote and that was it. No more whining and no more crying from the activists groups. Everyone still has their private views on it and churches are free to do what they want, and so are individuals. No fuss no muss.

    I don't see how this doesn't help families. There's lots of gay couples out there with children and only the biological parent is recognized. If anything were to happen to them their kid could become a ward of the state even if they have a strong attachment to the other parent. That's messed up. How does traumatizing a child in this way help society? Furthermore, if the stereotypical argument about gays being promiscuous and prone to unhealthy lifestyles is actually the case - and I don't believe it is as a rule - then including them in marriage could help bring some structure to their supposed insane relationship world.

    A man in my office is married to a man. They dine together at work social functions and they're great dancers at the Christmas party. Can't imagine what it must be like growing up gay in the world, let alone people thinking they have the business to tell you that you're wrong for who you sleep with, live with, or love. It's just crazy.

    Validate SSM and move on already. The activist groups are just going to stay at each other's throats and escalate over the long-term. Most of the population does not care either way, it's just these nutjobs who shout the loudest. I'll never forget when I was last in NYC and a group was demonstrating in lower Manhattan against SSM. I was asked if I favour SSM and why or why not. I said I honestly didn't care either way, and my indifference was condemned as outright support! This "with us or against" us mentality of the Christian right really alarms me. I respect freedom of religious but seriously GTFO of my face and the bedrooms of America.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I haven't heard a good reason to stop SSM yet, and I've been all ears since the get go.
    I think you've heard all the reasons...you just don't agree with any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Validate SSM and move on already.
    We're still hashing out abortion and interracial marriage....we won't be moving on any time soon.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I think you've heard all the reasons...you just don't agree with any.
    I agree with what makes sense. I grew up with a mix of conservative and liberal values and there is little about the anti-SSM marriage argument that justifies denying the expansion of marriage definitions.

    I respect your culture and your upbringing, but that doesn't mean you own marriage as an institution or get to tell others that have a different culture from you that their traditions don't matter. The U.S. is a plurality and the law must reflect equal protection so that everyone gets a fair chance to pursue happiness. Marriage as it is defined between two people simply cannot be constrained to man and woman any longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We're still hashing out abortion and interracial marriage....we won't be moving on any time soon.
    Really? That's too bad. Have fun being stuck then.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I agree with what makes sense. I grew up with a mix of conservative and liberal values and there is little about the anti-SSM marriage argument that justifies denying the expansion of marriage definitions.
    ...because you grew up with a mixture of liberal and conservative values. Children of mixed religions tend not to follow either tradition, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    I respect your culture and your upbringing, but that doesn't mean you own marriage as an institution or get to tell others that have a different culture from you that their traditions don't matter.
    My support for SSM aside, yes I do get a say. Unlike Canada, in America we get to vote on these issues at the ballot box. When pro-SSM approaches me, who are you to tell me I have no right to reserve my support? You think you own me and can order me to give them money? One benefit of being an armed society is that people like you can't force us to support whatever YOU want. We reserve our own freedoms and one such freedom is to oppose legislation for whatever reasoning we choose.


    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    The U.S. is a plurality and the law must reflect equal protection so that everyone gets a fair chance to pursue happiness. Marriage as it is defined between two people simply cannot be constrained to man and woman any longer.
    My strong support for gays serving openly in the military doesn't come from a notion of equality because the military is not about equality. In the same way, neither is marriage about equality; it is about the raising and socializing of children.


    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Really? That's too bad. Have fun being stuck then.
    Haven't you noticed....you're having that fun with us

    We still obsess over Reagan and Carter and White-Water and JFK and Lincoln and Clinton.....legalize SSM today, we'll still be debating it in 40 years just like everything else.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-11-11 at 04:28 AM.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ...because you grew up with a mixture of liberal and conservative values. Children of mixed religions tend not to follow either tradition, either.
    That's a big assumption about my life experience and my views on marriage. If you think I have always been in favour of SSM you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My support for SSM aside, yes I do get a say. Unlike Canada, in America we get to vote on these issues at the ballot box.
    Canadians do get a say at the ballot, it just depends on the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    When pro-SSM approaches me, who are you to tell me I have no right to reserve my support? You think you own me and can order me to give them money? One benefit of being an armed society is that people like you can't force us to support whatever YOU want. We reserve our own freedoms and one such freedom is to oppose legislation for whatever reasoning we choose.
    I never said you have to give you support, but Equal Protection ultimately doesn't care what you think. Gays are going to have this entitlement because it is the Constitutionally right thing to do, and you are entitled to not like it all you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My strong support for gays serving openly in the military doesn't come from a notion of equality because the military is not about equality. In the same way, neither is marriage about equality; it is about the raising and socializing of children.
    Yes and everything points to children being better off if their gay parents can have the same marriage benefits as their heterosexual counter-parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We still obsess over Reagan and Carter and White-Water and JFK and Lincoln and Clinton.....legalize SSM today, we'll still be debating it in 40 years just like everything else.
    As long as the rights get acknowledged and enshrined, people can debate it for all eternity for all I care.

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •