View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #371
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,669
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, all things being equal, that's a debateable opinion, and we've done it many times. But something needs a distinction in your statement. You said "two" parents. If one has no biological connection to a child are they a parent in the truest sense. They may be parent figures, even identifies as such by the child, but they are not a parent.


    Tim-
    Hundreds of thousands of adoptive parents would say otherwise. Any male past puberty can inseminate a female. That does not make him a parent. Any female past puberty can bear a child. That does not make her a parent.

    Parents are the ones who raise the child, who make certain it is properly fed, clothed, educated, taught core values, and over a period of decades, mould that infant into a secure adult, capable of being a productive member of society. Parents are the ones who love that child with all their hearts, who cherish that child, who would die to protect that child.

    That is what a parent does. When you state that only the biological sperm/egg donors can be parents is an insult to all real parents everywhere.

  2. #372
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, no it doesn't suggest that. What the "evidence" does suggest is that rich lesbian parents are as good as the average heterosexual parent. Now, the "average" heterosexual parents is made up from samples from all walks of life.. Not very fair is it? Statistics are wonderful things..


    Tim-
    Once again doing your uninformed lying thing.

    They controlled for income.

    The difference is not in income, its in the fact that lesbians generally choose when they have children and heterosexuals do not.

    Of course, feel free to prove me wrong. Show me a study that indicates that rich lesbians couples are as good at raising children as average heterosexual couples. I would love to see you back up you stupid ass statements just once.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-08-11 at 11:03 PM.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Once again doing your uninformed lying thing.

    They controlled for income.

    The difference is not in income, its in the fact that lesbians generally choose when they have children and heterosexuals do not.

    Of course, feel free to prove me wrong. Show me a study that indicates that rich lesbians couples are as good at raising children as an average heterosexual couples. I would love to see you back up you stupid ass statements just once.
    It's worth pointing out that the reasons why lesbians are better actually has nothing to do with their sexual orientation at all. They wait until later in life when they're more stable and settled. That's it. There's nothing uniquely lesbian about that.

  4. #374
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Because you said

    In other words you're avoiding my central theme. You're all claiming that there are tons of different families, and although that may be true, as far as nature is concerned there is only one type of family that matters in evolutionary terms, and there is very strong evidence that, if the mechanism for evolution holds true, there should be laid a clear distinction as to the viability of such an familial order of things.

    Nut shell.. All things being equal, heterosexual families are best suited to perfom this function.. Evolutionariliy speaking of course..


    Tim-
    no in reality your argument is still MEANINGLESS. my original post stands and what you are claming for reasoning of why it matters is still irrlavant LMAO

    Sorry what you are calling a family in nature is only your opinion and nature disagrees in may ways

    like i said MEANINGLESS
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #375
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    DiAnna -
    Hundreds of thousands of adoptive parents would say otherwise. Any male past puberty can inseminate a female. That does not make him a parent. Any female past puberty can bear a child. That does not make her a parent.
    Actually it does make them a parent.

    Parents are the ones who raise the child, who make certain it is properly fed, clothed, educated, taught core values, and over a period of decades, mould that infant into a secure adult, capable of being a productive member of society. Parents are the ones who love that child with all their hearts, who cherish that child, who would die to protect that child.
    Agreed! That's what good parents are!

    That is what a parent does. When you state that only the biological sperm/egg donors can be parents is an insult to all real parents everywhere.
    Why would you be insulted?


    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 02-08-11 at 11:10 PM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #376
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Once again doing your uninformed lying thing.

    They controlled for income.

    The difference is not in income, its in the fact that lesbians generally choose when they have children and heterosexuals do not.

    Of course, feel free to prove me wrong. Show me a study that indicates that rich lesbians couples are as good at raising children as average heterosexual couples. I would love to see you back up you stupid ass statements just once.
    Already have, and YOU know it. You've been closely involved in many of those threads.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #377
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Already have, and YOU know it. You've been closely involved in many of those threads.


    Tim-
    Lately you have been all puff and no substance. Come on! Substantiate it! If you have already posted about it then all the better. A quick search and you should have it.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 02-08-11 at 11:10 PM.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    no in reality your argument is still MEANINGLESS. my original post stands and what you are claming for reasoning of why it matters is still irrlavant LMAO

    Sorry what you are calling a family in nature is only your opinion and nature disagrees in may ways

    like i said MEANINGLESS
    Well, no, it's nature that is absolutely behind WHY what I say is 100% true! You're all upset because you inferred on what I said.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #379
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well, no, it's nature that is absolutely behind WHY what I say is 100% true! You're all upset because you inferred on what I said.

    Tim-
    no only certain CASES in nature fit your opinion of what you THINK family is but many do not. Those are the facts

    Think what you want but again the facts go against you, not with you, and denying it wont change the facts and Im not upset at all I always find you VERY entertaining. lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #380
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Lately you have been all puff and no substance. Come on! Substantiate it! If you have already posted about it then all the better. A quick search and you should have it.
    Start here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1059177542

    If that one doesn't show you, then look for the one by Redress back a few months ago. The "Patterson" study was thoroughly refuted by me.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •