View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    Regarding humans, nature promotes polygamy.

  2. #342
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Hmm.. And this refutes my assertion how exactly? Let's play a game. How else would you prove two parents killed in a plane crash were the parents of little Jimmy who survived the crash? Let's assume that the parents have no identifiable features, only their DNA? So, refute that, and you'll have my attention.

    Tim-
    Why would i waste time refuting something that is MEANINGLESS to the dabate at hand and doesnt change it at all? LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So nature is suddenly a sentient conscious being with an opinion on what constitutes a family and what does not?
    Well if intelligence is merely organized information I don't think calling nature sentient is a big deal.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-08-11 at 10:26 PM.

  4. #344
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well if inteligence is merly organised information I don't think calling nature sentiant is a big deal.
    Where the hell did you get the idea that intelligence is merely organized information?

    Are you telling me that my local library is intelligent?

  5. #345
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have never argued that marriage has nothing to do with family. That is your strawman. Present your evidence that I have made that argument or shut the **** up. In fact, I was the first person to point out to Jerry that 6-8 million children were being raised by gay parents and same sex couples.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058437501
    Meant having kids, as in, marriage has nothing to do with having kids, necessarily, and that, society shouldn't restrict, or limit marriage simply because a couple cannot produce children. Now, because I'm inherently lazy, I'll retract my comment if this is not your now stated position, but if I happen to come across where my memory thinks your position is/was, then I'll post it, but for now, if you say you didn't say it, or hold that position then I will formally retract it.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #346
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    Why don't you prove your case instead of simply saying that it is so. I certainly would attempt to do that prior to making up all this **** that fly in the face of what the terms actually mean. Why don't you prove that a married Sara (who survived the crash) and Tim (who died in the crash), who have two kids, are family after they Tim died in a plane crash. No DNA. No blood lines. Nothing. Are you going to say that neither Tim nor Sara are family now or justify it in some way?
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; 02-08-11 at 10:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #347
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I'm saying that heterosexual marriage is the best suited form to promote the natural family.


    Tim-
    I hear you saying that... what I don't hear is any logic behind denying homosexuals from being able to do the same exact thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #348
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Meant having kids, as in, marriage has nothing to do with having kids, necessarily, and that, society shouldn't restrict, or limit marriage simply because a couple cannot produce children. Now, because I'm inherently lazy, I'll retract my comment if this is not your now stated position, but if I happen to come across where my memory thinks your position is/was, then I'll post it, but for now, if you say you didn't say it, or hold that position then I will formally retract it.

    Tim-
    I WANT YOU TO SHOW ME WHERE THE HELL I SAID THAT MARRIAGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAMILY!

    Either do it or admit that you were lying!

  9. #349
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nature doesn't consider "family" to be anything as that is a human concept.
    Kal, I love ya, but what else would you call it? I mean if you want to go even further you could say that all humans are family I suppose. How about we limit it to offspring though for the sake of meaningful dialogue.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #350
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    Did you just say "Nature" and fundemental family?

    LMAO

    wow, your hole was deep before but now its even deeper.

    What does nature have to do with family?

    many things in NATURE dont do family or do polygamy or do homosexual acts or do incest and rape etc etc

    this is what happens when your points are nothing but meaningless strawmen and nothing more than your OPINION that you try to argue as fact BUT majorly fail.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •