View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #331
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    The only thing missing was the LOL at the end of each sentence.. LOL

    Ok, so I'll bite. Care to refute my assertion that the only true family is that contained within bloodlines?

    Tim-
    Nothing to "bite"
    Nor is there anything to refute, what you said was simply untrue

    Which part dont you get? what you said is only your opinion and thats a FACT.
    You called everybody else's opinion subjective and clamied your opinion was fact and objective but thats simply not true. You opinion is simply just that, opinion and subjective. Just like the rest.

    Of course you can TRY and use adjectives like, REAL, TRUE, NATURAL ect ect but thats just a false front and deflecting the truth and actual REAL TRUE topic lol and thats FAMILY period

    Accept it or not, tomorrow the facts will remian the same and what you said was subjective and nothing more than opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right, and that's my point. Remove the subjectivity, and you are left with only one defining criterion. When issues become muddy, you need to wash them by beginning at the beginning. The question is does SSM marriage promote family? Well, the answer, all things being equal, is a firm no! If the question were, "Does SSM promote my defintion of a family", YourStar must answer in the affirmative. However, lacking certain natural and intrinsic characterstics her definition may be, she is still correct, but only within the context of her definition. Go outside for a little fresh air, and things are not as crystal clear anymore.


    Tim-
    Another proof against you is adoption. Adoption promotes the family and is clearly not a "technical family".
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-08-11 at 10:17 PM.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have been the biggest advocate on this forum for the family argument of same sex marriage. I can point out entire threads that I have dedicated to that argument. Don't even do that strawman bull**** with me.
    Hmm.. Odd, your accusation of a strawman doesn't address my assertion. I did not say you don't believe that SS couples can have families, what I said is that YOU and many others have argued that marriage has nothing to do with family, AND that society's (the State) interest in marriage isn't about children and family at all.. Am I wrong? Do I need to perform a search, and if I find some daming evidence that you DID in fact hold this position will be a man about it?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #334
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right, and that's my point. Remove the subjectivity, and you are left with only one defining criterion. When issues become muddy, you need to wash them by beginning at the beginning. The question is does SSM marriage promote family? Well, the answer, all things being equal, is a firm no! If the question were, "Does SSM promote my defintion of a family", YourStar must answer in the affirmative. However, lacking certain natural and intrinsic characterstics her definition may be, she is still correct, but only within the context of her definition. Go outside for a little fresh air, and things are not as crystal clear anymore.


    Tim-
    You are saying that marriage does not promote family? That clears up a lot and makes sense of most of your illogical rantings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Nothing to "bite"
    Nor is there anything to refute, what you said was simply untrue

    Which part dont you get? what you said is only your opinion and thats a FACT.
    You called everybody else's opinion subjective and clamied your opinion was fact and objective but thats simply not true. You opinion is simply just that, opinion and subjective. Just like the rest.

    Of course you can TRY and use adjectives like, REAL, TRUE, NATURAL ect ect but thats just a false front and deflecting the truth and actual REAL TRUE topic lol and thats FAMILY period

    Accept it or not, tomorrow the facts will remian the same and what you said was subjective and nothing more than opinion.

    Hmm.. And this refutes my assertion how exactly? Let's play a game. How else would you prove two parents killed in a plane crash were the parents of little Jimmy who survived the crash? Let's assume that the parents have no identifiable features, only their DNA? So, refute that, and you'll have my attention.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #336
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Hmm.. Odd, your accusation of a strawman doesn't address my assertion. I did not say you don't believe that SS couples can have families, what I said is that YOU and many others have argued that marriage has nothing to do with family, AND that society's (the State) interest in marriage isn't about children and family at all.. Am I wrong? Do I need to perform a search, and if I find some daming evidence that you DID in fact hold this position will be a man about it?


    Tim-
    I have never argued that marriage has nothing to do with family. That is your strawman. Present your evidence that I have made that argument or shut the **** up. In fact, I was the first person to point out to Jerry that 6-8 million children were being raised by gay parents and same sex couples.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058437501

  7. #337
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Another proof against you is adoption. Adoption promotes the family and is clearly not a "technical family".
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #338
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You are saying that marriage does not promote family? That clears up a lot and makes sense of most of your illogical rantings...
    I'm saying that heterosexual marriage is the best suited form to promote the natural family.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #339
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    Nature doesn't consider "family" to be anything as that is a human concept.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #340
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Right you are.. I never said it didn't, nor did I say that YourStar's version of family and her opinon was inconsistent, only that it flies in the face of what nature considers to be athe fundamental family.

    Tim-
    So nature is suddenly a sentient conscious being with an opinion on what constitutes a family and what does not?

Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •