View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #241
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Emotion is not my forte, logic is...and logic is NOT relegated to emotional appeal.

    You responded to a conversation that Jerry and I were having, it is YOUR job to figure that out....no ONE statement can be separated out and attacked from it's context.
    If this is the best argument you can offer, we are probably done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #242
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Seeya.

    I understand that you need to deflect from truth, it makes you uncomfy with reality.

    Personal truth relies on whatever definitions we decide we agree with....some are strict and narrow...and some aren't.

    IN MY EXPERIENCE the single greatest thing that promotes "Family" is Love.

    Love that is unconditional and umcompromising...period.

    We are simply debating opinion...and you NEED yours to be right....take your ego out of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If this is the best argument you can offer, we are probably done here.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Nope, sorry.

    Your statements rely on definitions YOU are comfortable with.

    I, and millions like me do not ascribe to your "definitions".

    We also know that NONE of this black and white....sorry.
    I'm not sure why Bodhisattva is arguing with you as he clearly agrees with that position on moral relativity and subjective definitions....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    ....we are granted the ability to think for ourselves and interpret our own meanings of love and compassion.
    Bodhisattva said himself that he makes his own definitions. I don't know about others, but like food I make what I like. I imagine others make things they like, including definitions.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No blinders my friend, just fact. I mean don't get me wrong, I know plenty of fine gay people and monogamous couples, but they are the minority by far.

    Wow Sevastopol, have not heard that name in years. I worked at a Taco Bell there in 87, lol. Don't know where Calistoga is?
    Blinders was a joke... Calistoga is in the very top portion of Napa Valley. Loved living in the mountains up there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #245
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Seeya.
    And yet you have not addressed a single point I have made? Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I understand that you need to deflect from truth, it makes you uncomfy with reality.
    Please point out where I have "deflected" the truth? My statements are based on fact and societal norms rather than blanket statements like most of your arguments, based on nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Personal truth relies on whatever definitions we decide we agree with....some are strict and narrow...and some aren't.

    IN MY EXPERIENCE the single greatest thing that promotes "Family" is Love.

    Love that is unconditional and umcompromising...period.
    Unfortunately "love" for humans is anything but unconditional. If it were the divorce rate would not be at 50% in western society. In fact I would say a vast majority of the population does not even know what love is, let alone unconditional love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    We are simply debating opinion...and you NEED yours to be right....take your ego out of it.
    No.

    I am debating the fact that your argument was based on blanket statements and anecdotal evidence which accounts for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I always thought so, but that's besides the point
    It is fun to visit, but I don't want to live there...

    Nothing at all.

    It does have to do with "promoting the family", though
    Ahhh... divorce does not promote family, but it also does not negate the love given to children...

    I never stated the contrary. It's because you're going off on something no one said which is why I think you're in an "alternate "bizarro" reality".
    Wouldn't be the first time I went off and made a bizarro argument that no one else was following...

    I feel your pain.
    Hopefully you are just empathizing... nobody should have to go through what I went through.

    Amazed said "Two loving,caring, nurturing parents will always promote "family"."

    Always.

    If that were true, then since we all agree that divorce undermines the family, two loving,caring, nurturing parents would never divorce.
    Well, he mis-spoke. I think that he met something subtly different, but that will be for him to clarify then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #247
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Blinders was a joke... Calistoga is in the very top portion of Napa Valley. Loved living in the mountains up there...
    I know, that's why I said "my friend" to clarify I understood.

    Ahhh no wonder I don't know it. I only got up into wine country maybe twice in the 3 years I was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I know, that's why I said "my friend" to clarify I understood.

    Ahhh no wonder I don't know it. I only got up into wine country maybe twice in the 3 years I was there.
    Well, the Russian River area is some of the best wine country that there is now, for Pinots and Chards, that is... I loved it and worked with many wine makers and restaurants during that time. That area also has some of the best food that I have ever had. Miss it. The Kiwis aren't too good at food, not like we were up there at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It is fun to visit, but I don't want to live there...
    My lawyer has a time share there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Ahhh... divorce does not promote family, but it also does not negate the love given to children...
    I can agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Hopefully you are just empathizing... nobody should have to go through what I went through.
    I rant in a Basement thread and have a thread in the Tavern on it, yeah I've been going through this for a couple years now.

  10. #250
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Redress is an example of how pro-SSM wants to claim they're pro family, but don't ever do anything to promote the family. When pressed they try to defend themselves, but if you leave them alone they use just whatever argument they think will get them access to money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ... Pro-SSM uses the family argument as a means to an end, not the end itself. You're one of those people who react with "yeah but the bible also bans shellfish and mixed fabrics"...and then crums when an anti-SSM says "what about polygamy, then". Your arguments are equivocation top-to-bottom.

    GLBT is all about Equality®, not family.
    This about sums it up for me.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •