View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #221
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I grew up in the Bay Area, I do not share your implied phobias.

    I sit here waiting for anyone to disprove what I said.....nobody has.

    Now, IF you have spent so much time around "same sex" couples then you know they indeed promote "the Family"...sorry...you have no idea what I know
    I lived in the Bay Area too, primarily Sonoma Country and down in Laguna.

    What did you say that you want dis-proven?

    I argue that same sex families promote stability and promote family... since we have much of the same background, apparently, we would seem to be agreeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #222
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    I am simply trying to get him to clarify for me...my Favorite people in the World are "Gay".

    I KNOW what their values are and I love them for everything they are....and I love them for their relationship to thier children.

    There are MANY screwed up people trying to "stay" in marriages that are shams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Regarding divorce rates, it has nothing to do with "family"... Jerry is just confused again.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #223
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I grew up in the Bay Area, I do not share your implied phobias.

    I sit here waiting for anyone to disprove what I said.....nobody has.

    Now, IF you have spent so much time around "same sex" couples then you know they indeed promote "the Family"...sorry...you have no idea what I know
    So what? Anecdotal evidence means little. I mean I could say I also lived in Santa Rosa CA. which has a huge gay community as well, and than we partied in the bay area. Now I will also say I saw the exact opposite of what you are trying to say.

    Now what?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-07-11 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #224
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Then you need to show that "same sex" marriages do NOT "promote" family....

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? Anecdotal evidence means little. I mean I could say I also lived in Santa Rosa CA. which has a huge gay community as well and than we partied in the bay area. Now I will also say I saw the exact opposite of what you are trying to say.

    Now what?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Regarding divorce rates, it has nothing to do with "family"... Jerry is just confused again.
    It's quite simple: If having 2 loving parents always promotes the family, why do they divorce half the time? You would have to believe that divorcing is an act of promoting the family, which doesn't follow.

  6. #226
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I am simply trying to get him to clarify for me...my Favorite people in the World are "Gay".
    So what? My favorite people are just people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I KNOW what their values are and I love them for everything they are....and I love them for their relationship to thier children.
    So you now speak for the entire gay community and know what all their values are? I call bull****.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    There are MANY screwed up people trying to "stay" in marriages that are shams.
    Could not agree more. It has little to do with this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #227
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Then you need to show that "same sex" marriages do NOT "promote" family....
    This has nothing to do with my statement to you, but I will bite.

    I does not by it's very nature. 2 homosexuals cannot breed, so no family. Now my statement does not take into account modern science or gays who come from marriages with children, but at it's root in nature etc, no family.

    Edit: what it does appear to promote is hedonism and a free sexual life style, not all, but to an outsider looking in this is far to common. Trying to say it promotes family as I said before is very recent and a ploy to get people to accept gay marriage.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-07-11 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? Anecdotal evidence means little. I mean I could say I also lived in Santa Rosa CA. which has a huge gay community as well and than we partied in the bay area. Now I will also say I saw the exact opposite of what you are trying to say.

    Now what?
    Take off your blinders buddy and you will see... and did you live in Santa Rosa? We lived in Sebastopol for a time and also up in the hills almost to Calistoga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #229
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    It's quite simple: If having 2 loving parents always promotes the family, why do they divorce half the time? You would have to believe that divorcing is an act of promoting the family, which doesn't follow.

    You are implying that divorced parents cannot promote Family..now, if you want to add "in my opinion", that's another story, and that's fine.

    But you are also implying that everything is absolute, it isn't.

    Having divorced in 1998 I've watched the initial devolution evolve into closer, healthier relationships.

    I've also witnessed complete disintegration of said "families".

    "Promotion of values" whatever "values" you are talking about relies more upon the people involved than it does what you (or me) as any ONE person outside any situation can "say".

    But that wasn't the question...the very first question invited "opinions".

    So you now speak for the entire gay community and know what all their values are? I call bull****.

    Would you "feel" better if I had said "in my experience"?

    Could not agree more. It has little to do with this though.

    Goes to Jerry's arguement, we must multi-task here.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  10. #230
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's quite simple: If having 2 loving parents always promotes the family, why do they divorce half the time? You would have to believe that divorcing is an act of promoting the family, which doesn't follow.
    uummmm WHAT!? Am I in an alternate "bizarro" reality? What in the hell does divorce have to do with parents loving their children? Nothing, it has to do with the pair not loving each other, or being able to live with one another for various reasons... I know that in my divorce which just happened, we loved each other and both love our daughters immensely, but she has borderline personality disorder and that completely ruined our marriage.

    Divorce is an act of destabilizing families and nothing to do with same sex marriage. Why don't you introduce something equally irrelevant like monkeys killing other monkeys or something... seriously, get off the irrelevant divorce thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •