View Poll Results: Yes or No?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 42.28%
  • No

    71 57.72%
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 714

Thread: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Another poll ruined by scamming tea-bagging conservatives....or religious nuts...
    Maybe these polls should be a closed affair, only for a select group of DP members..
    An impossible task...

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Another poll ruined by scamming tea-bagging conservatives....or religious nuts...
    Maybe these polls should be a closed affair, only for a select group of DP members..
    An impossible task...
    Yes, so impossible that you'd simply need to post it in a forum other than "polls".

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I disagree. It most assuredly does not promote it "just like" opposite sex marriage. The fact that the two that are married can not on average create said family singularly through their own primary actions and means makes it not "just like" opposite sex marriage. That doesn't mean it can't promote family. However, you do your side a disservice with such hyperbole.
    I disagree, marriage provides many benefits, and a stabilized environment that is ideal for raising children. And those will be the same for both SSM, and straight marriages. Just because in a SSM the couple involved don't have the necessary parts to have a baby by having sex doesn't mean that the incentive to have children are diminished.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #94
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they choose to be in that situation, straight women don't choose to be infertile. live with the choice and adopt. there are plenty of kids out there that need homes.
    Yes and I have adopted two and have one of my own throouh artificial means. How many have you adoted?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Yes and I have adopted two and have one of my own throouh artificial means. How many have you adoted?
    Read up in his posts, he's adopted 2

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree, marriage provides many benefits, and a stabilized environment that is ideal for raising children. And those will be the same for both SSM, and straight marriages. Just because in a SSM the couple involved don't have the necessary parts to have a baby by having sex doesn't mean that the incentive to have children are diminished.
    I didn't say its diminished, I said its not "Just like" a straight couple because its not "just like" a straight couple. For it to be "just like" a straight couple a homosexual couple would need to be able to produce a larger family unit through intercourse between the two of them without assistance of outside means in the creation of said child.

    That doesn't belittle it or state that ones promotion of family is necessarily "better", but they are not "just like" each other in their ability and their methods of how they are able to do it.

    An orange is good for you. An apple is good for you. They both promote good health. They both promote good health in similar ways and in some ways that are exaclty alike. However an orange is not "just like" an apple with regards to how it helps your health.

  7. #97
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Yes and I have adopted two and have one of my own throouh artificial means. How many have you adoted?
    read much? I have said that I have 2 bio and two adopted kids at least twice in this very thread.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #98
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Read up in his posts, he's adopted 2
    what he said. seriously, if you are going to debate/argue with someone...at least try to pay some attention to what they are saying.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Also this post is not only inaccurate but extremely rude. If she calls her wife her wife, then there is nothing that you can say to invalidate that, and using this ridiculous theory that she can't use those words because "our side"(like that means anything of substance) has used different words is so ridiculous it barely justifies a response.
    I also use the terms, girlfriend/wife, boyfriend/husband in talking about same sex relationships, partners are for science projects.
    I'm glad you said this, and I'm glad you feel that way.

    What I did was reflect pro-SSM's vocabulary back at them to show how they've been disrespectful to the institution all along.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Does Same Sex Marriage promote family?

    Sure, why not. They can have kids.

Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •