View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #61
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree.
    Ironically you and I disagree on just about everything from gay marriage to abortion. That should tell you something.
    Last edited by Dutch; 01-29-11 at 12:32 PM.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  2. #62
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Ironically you and I disagree in just about everything from gay marriage to abortion. That should tell you something.
    It says that you are two diverse individuals. Diversity is a strength in this country, not a weakness.

    Geez, even I can't handle my request...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Ironically you and I disagree in just about everything from gay marriage to abortion. That should tell you something.
    That doesn't mean that we are divided, it just means we disagree. But that is all I am going to say about this in this thread, since it is off-topic, if you want to discuss this start a new thread.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #64
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    A close look at this country. Haven't you noticed the divisions? I have.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #65
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It says that you are two diverse individuals. Diversity is a strength in this country, not a weakness.

    Geez, even I can't handle my request...
    OK, let me help you out here.

    I strongly feel that, whether one is for or against abortion itself, this is not the issue here. The issue is whether or not the Federal government is going to take a political side, and force those who disagree with abortion to pay for something that it strongly believes is wrong. That is why I am against ANY Federal funding for abortion of ANY kind. This issue is one for the states to decide.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #66
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House abortion bill redefines rape, incest exceptions - Yahoo! News





    Oddly, despite being pro-abortion rights, I do not have a problem with the concept of federal funds not being allowed to pay for abortions except under limited circumstances, which is the case now. This though seems to be taking things to a new level.

    So what do you think? Is this taking things too far, or are these proposed new restrictions reasonable?
    I have no problem with excluding statutory rape from the definition. Kind of on the fence with the date-rape thing.

  7. #67
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    That doesn't mean that we are divided, it just means we disagree. But that is all I am going to say about this in this thread, since it is off-topic, if you want to discuss this start a new thread.
    It has everything to do with this thread. I have no problem with people paying their own monies for abortion for the health of the mother, incest, or rape. However, I don't want my tax monies being used to pay for killing the unborn. Abortion, taxes, and the proper role of government are just a few of the issues that truly "divide" the peoples of this country. We've gone far beyond simple disagreement.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It has everything to do with this thread. I have no problem with people paying their own monies for abortion for the health of the mother, incest, or rape. However, I don't want my tax monies being used to pay for killing the unborn. Abortion, taxes, and the proper role of government are just a few of the issues that truly "divide" the peoples of this country. We've gone far beyond simple disagreement.
    No it's not, this thread is about this specific bill. If you wish to discuss this broader topic, start a new thread.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #69
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It says that you are two diverse individuals. Diversity is a strength in this country, not a weakness.

    Geez, even I can't handle my request...
    We are less diverse individuals and more representatives of our differing cultures. I do not support abortions funded by the federal government. That's not how I want my tax monies spent.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #70
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No it's not, this thread is about this specific bill. If you wish to discuss this broader topic, start a new thread.
    They are intertwined. I oppose the federal government spending tax monies on abortions for any reason because of my cultural norms.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •