View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #51
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Because when you pay your taxes, it's not YOUR money anymore. OUR money can be spent as WE decide.
    Yet another good reason to make the bush tax breaks permanent.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  2. #52
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I stated what I think it should be called for both sides.



    I would not be opposed to no limits. However, I think in today's society that is unreasonable and compromise is possible.
    I'm thinking that in today's society compromise just might no longer be possible.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm thinking that in today's society compromise just might no longer be possible.
    That is quite sad if you think that.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #54
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not necessarily, laws reflect what society thinks are the best guidelines for running it's itself.
    ....and "our" society is hopelessly divided.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #55
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    That is quite sad if you think that.
    It's the inevitable result of multi-culturalism.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  6. #56
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I voted Other.

    While I have no problem with federal funds not paying for abortions except for in extreme cases, I would prefer it if federal funds were spent on education for contraceptives and for the purchase of contraceptives. After all, it would be cheaper for the government to pay for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies instead of paying for the abortion of unwanted pregnancies.
    Planned Parenthood offers free or low cost contraceptives. I believe the lower socio-economic crowd tend to be careless about contraception. Is this a generalization? Probably not. It's fact.

    I believe abortion should be paid for by the govt. It's cost effective. Better than paying for another welfare kid. That goes for anybody who mooches off society. Some of these welfare mother's have ****-loads of kids. It's embarrassing to watch these people. Or.....let's say they should be embarrassed. Trouble is they aren't. They also don't take great care of their children in many circumstances.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It's the inevitable result of multi-culturalism.
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ....and "our" society is hopelessly divided.
    I disagree.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #59
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    While we're hovering around the subject, in exactly what areas do you consider yourself conservative? I have yet to run across one, that's why I ask.
    I am a Paleocon, and here are the areas I consider myself to be Conservative:

    1) Totally in favor of second amendment rights.

    2) Feel that Roe v. Wade should be overturned, as this is a states' rights issue.

    3) Although I bashed Bush, I feel that his choices for judges were excellent.

    4) I believe that we should get out of the UN, and get the UN out of New York.

    5) My favorite president of all time? Ronald Reagan.

    6) I believe that the government should not spend more than it takes in.

    7) I was in favor of the Bush v. Gore decision.

    8) Am a huge proponent of the 10th Amendment.

    9) I do not believe that the Fed should be in charge of the money supply, but Congress, as per the Constitution.

    10) I believe in shrinking the Federal government to a size that it is no longer able to meddle in the affairs of it's citizens.

    11) Am against illegal immigration, and believed in the border fence long before it became popular, and was called a Nazi by many because of that stance.

    12) My favorite political author? William F. Buckley Jr.

    13) My second favorite political author? Pat Buchanan.

    14) BTW, I voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000.

    15) I strongly believe in welfare reform.

    16) I am a huge Obama basher - I am not a birther, though.

    17) Only voted for a Democrat once in my entire life. The rest of my votes have been for either Republicans or Libertarians.

    18) Met Barry Goldwater, and shook his hand, when I was a kid. He was my ideological hero, and still is.

    19) Although I am pro choice, I do NOT believe Federal funds should be used to pay for them, which is a Conservative stance, which you probably didn't read before you posted that you have never seen a Conservative stance from me.

    20) I strongly support the troops.

    That is just for starters. You have not seen them because you choose not to, but I have posted extensively on ALL these issues. That you do not choose to read them is your problem, not mine. It is easy to call someone names, such as a fake Conservative, when you choose not to participate in an honest debate, but feel that namecalling is somehow going to make you right. Those who have that frame of mind belong, not in a debate, but in the peanut gallery, watching instead of thinking critically and participating.

    Just my 2 cents worth here. If you still feel like calling me a fake Conservative, have at it. You are not hurting my feelings at all.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-29-11 at 12:18 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Could we please kinda steer ourselves back to the topic? The issue is this particular bill.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •