View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Seriously, do you doubt that choicers DO NOT like being called pro aborts? Would you be ok with it?
    I stated what I think it should be called for both sides.

    If this is true, why have any restrictions on abortion at all?
    I would not be opposed to no limits. However, I think in today's society that is unreasonable and compromise is possible.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    .

    Legal and moral are separate issues.
    Don't Laws reflect the Moral values of the society that makes them?

  3. #33
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    1) If federal funds are being used to pay for an abortion, I don't see a problem with this at all. After all, if you use THEIR money, then it's reasonable that they get to call the shots.

    2) However, I am against using Federal funds to pay for any abortions in the first place. Although I am pro-choice in the matter, I am dead set against forcing the anti-abortion side to pay (via their taxes) for something that they feel is against what they believe in. The Federal government has no business making choices for them. Once again, I am not on the same side as the anti-abortionists, but forcing them to participate in something that they are strongly against is wrong, and IMHO, anti American.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-29-11 at 11:31 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #34
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Don't Laws reflect the Moral values of the society that makes them?
    That would imply that everyone agrees. Positions on morality are a little too subjective for that....


    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Don't Laws reflect the Moral values of the society that makes them?
    The answer to this is very long. Short version...yes and no.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Don't Laws reflect the Moral values of the society that makes them?
    Not necessarily, laws reflect what society thinks are the best guidelines for running it's itself.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #37
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I stated what I think it should be called for both sides.
    I see, and if abortion were illegal, would you use the same terms? I ask because when you say it should be "pro abortion rights", well there's already a legally created "right" to it. So, do you support abortion only because it's legal?



    I would not be opposed to no limits. However, I think in today's society that is unreasonable and compromise is possible.
    So, you're ok with no limits, right up until the baby is born?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I see, and if abortion were illegal, would you use the same terms? I ask because when you say it should be "pro abortion rights", well there's already a legally created "right" to it. So, do you support abortion only because it's legal?
    Since the question is whether it is a right or not, I think my terms are perfect.

    So, you're ok with no limits, right up until the baby is born?
    Correct. It's not my choice to make whether people have a certain medical procedure.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    1) If federal funds are being used to pay for an abortion, I don't see a problem with this at all. After all, if you use THEIR money, then it's reasonable that they get to call the shots.

    2) However, I am against using Federal funds to pay for any abortions in the first place. Although I am pro-choice in the matter, I am dead set against forcing the anti-abortion side to pay (via their taxes) for something that they feel is against what they believe in. The Federal government has no business making choices for them. Once again, I am not on the same side as the anti-abortionists, but forcing them to participate in something that they are strongly against is wrong, and IMHO, anti American.
    While we're hovering around the subject, in exactly what areas do you consider yourself conservative? I have yet to run across one, that's why I ask.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #40
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    My question to all pro-choice people out there is this? If we are not alive until birth how come when a person murders a pregnant woman he gets charged with the murder of her and her unborn child?

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •