View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #291
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I remember starting the thread on the report on this, and the flurry of comments that arrived. You are correct. Unwanted pregnancies are highest in states without sex ed or with abstinence only sex ed.
    of course because people are GOING to have sex no matter what but not teaching them just lets them play russian roulette with sex and believe silly things like "if you do it in a pool/tub/water you wont get pregnant
    and "if the girl is on top its safe"

    people make the false claim that if you educate them the amount of kids doing it will go up exponentially but it never does, what it does do, is those kids that were going to do it anyway now at least have a clue how to be safe even though may choose to ignore it

    full education is logically better
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #292
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's nice. Doesn't alter that you are incorrect. By definition, you are limiting choices... and if you are OK with abortions for those who are raped, incest, or if the woman's life is in danger, you are NOT pro-life. You just have a few more choices.

    See what happens when you start screwing with definitions? In the end, you screw yourself, too.
    Well wait a second, you're being contradictory. Didn't you say earlier that, if you're for restricting abortion at all, then you're anti-choice, but now you're saying if you're for some choices, then you're not pro-life?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #293
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    of course because people are GOING to have sex no matter what but not teaching them just lets them play russian roulette with sex and believe silly things like "if you do it in a pool/tub/water you wont get pregnant
    and "if the girl is on top its safe"

    people make the false claim that if you educate them the amount of kids doing it will go up exponentially but it never does, what it does do, is those kids that were going to do it anyway now at least have a clue how to be safe even though may choose to ignore it

    full education is logically better
    People also ignore that comprehensive sex ed also includes teaching that abstinence is superior. Comprehensive just goes beyond that as well with more information.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #294
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Not at all, by definition I'm preserving life by being pro-life.
    No, by definition, you are limiting choices when discussing how to handle a pregnancy.

    And as I said, you are not pro-life if you support abortions due to rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #295
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    They're coming here for jobs. Jobs they are getting btw. As for my argument "makes no sense" in order for you to comprehend it you would have to accept the capitalist ideas of supply and demand. We have a demand for workers and mexico, not us, has a supply of workers. Had we not had roe v wade we'd pretty much have all the workers we needed.
    Oh - so you prefer to use the poor populace to do the hard and unskilled labor that no one else wants to do, hmm?
    So pro-life is really about population propulsion, not living quality?

    In your view we'd be no better off than China or Russia.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #296
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    They're coming here for jobs. Jobs they are getting btw. As for my argument "makes no sense" in order for you to comprehend it you would have to accept the capitalist ideas of supply and demand. We have a demand for workers and mexico, not us, has a supply of workers. Had we not had roe v wade we'd pretty much have all the workers we needed.
    I know supply, and demand pretty well, and for your scenario to work it would mean that the unemployment rate in this country would always have to be at natural unemployment( where everyone who wants a job has a job) and well that obviously isn't the case.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #297
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    They're coming here for jobs. Jobs they are getting btw. As for my argument "makes no sense" in order for you to comprehend it you would have to accept the capitalist ideas of supply and demand. We have a demand for workers and mexico, not us, has a supply of workers. Had we not had roe v wade we'd pretty much have all the workers we needed.
    Supply and Demand is exactly right, Dutch. For people in Mexico, there is a huge DEMAND to get the hell out because it sucks and there's a better life somewhere else (aka right across the border). And even with immigration we STILL have a surplus of labor, meaning supply is exceeding demand because the demand for getting the hell out of Mexico is so great.

  8. #298
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well wait a second, you're being contradictory. Didn't you say earlier that, if you're for restricting abortion at all, then you're anti-choice, but now you're saying if you're for some choices, then you're not pro-life?
    Read what you wrote more carefully and you will have the answer to what I'm saying. Of course, it's not the purpose of why I'm saying it. These are two very different things.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 01-29-11 at 04:29 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #299
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    They're coming here for jobs. Jobs they are getting btw. As for my argument "makes no sense" in order for you to comprehend it you would have to accept the capitalist ideas of supply and demand. We have a demand for workers and mexico, not us, has a supply of workers. Had we not had roe v wade we'd pretty much have all the workers we needed.
    yeah lets just be very narrow sighted and leave out that these immigrants get jobs because they work under the table for very low wadges and commonly do jobs Americans DONT want, not to mention these business dont have to pay taxes or health care for the majority of them

    shhhhhhhhh we'll just ignore that common sense and logic because if you comprehend capitalism its a non-factor

    yep without all those abortions we would have just made Americans that would ALSO work under the table for less than minimum wadge, no health care and do jobs that the majority of Americans DONT want, thats brilliant
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-29-11 at 04:29 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #300
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    of course because people are GOING to have sex no matter what but not teaching them just lets them play russian roulette with sex and believe silly things like "if you do it in a pool/tub/water you wont get pregnant
    and "if the girl is on top its safe"

    people make the false claim that if you educate them the amount of kids doing it will go up exponentially but it never does, what it does do, is those kids that were going to do it anyway now at least have a clue how to be safe even though may choose to ignore it

    full education is logically better
    AHAHAHAHA i've never heard that one before lmfao.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •