View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #21
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just to throw out a comment: I hate the terms "pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice". It's like neither side in the debate wants to actually use the term "abortion". I much prefer what I see as the more accurate phrases "pro abortion rights" and "anti abortion rights", since what the debate boils down to is whether having an abortion is a right. Truth in advertising.
    Normally I just call you guys pro aborts, but you all get upset at that. "Choicer" (like truther or birther) is my compromise.

    BTW, your analysis is completely wrong anyway. Just because a legal right is created, doesn't make it morally right.
    Last edited by X Factor; 01-29-11 at 11:05 AM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #22
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    When you say something like, "let everyone who wants one, have one", like it's a cell phone or something, you sound like you support it with no restrictions.
    You're right, X Factor. I should have put a footnote there. ;-)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #23
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You seem under a delusion that I'm arguing NOT to abort... that's not the case. I say ABORT because that's what the law of the lands states is a "right". My point is, this is not the taxpayers bill to pay, it is the individuals involved. Get it yet?
    Yeah, I get it. It's called "being short-sighted."
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #24
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yeah, I get it. It's called "being short-sighted."
    No, it's called "personal responsibility".
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #25
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yeah, I get it. It's called "being short-sighted."
    So how is not using Federal Spening on Abortions being short sighted?

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Normally I just call you guys pro aborts, but you all get upset at that. "Choicer" (like truther or birther) is my compromise.

    BTW, your analysis is completely wrong anyway. Just because a legal right is created, doesn't make it morally right.
    There you are all with that phony "you all" again. Attribute what people say to who says it, not to some group you want to use it against who did not say it.

    Legal and moral are separate issues.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You're right, X Factor.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. Could you say that again.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #28
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    No, it's called "personal responsibility".
    I'm not interested in my tax dollars being used to raise a child and support its mother in order to teach someone personal responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    So how is not using Federal Spening on Abortions being short sighted?
    In a dollars-and-cents analysis, it is short-sighted to disallow the cost of abortions vs the cost of supporting mother/child until the child's 18th birthday. My 'short-sighted' comment was directed to Ockham because he relates this issue to dollars-and-cents, citing the original poll. He said, "That's what this post and poll is about "FUNDING", so yes it's about dollars and cents. So in the strictly dollars-and-cents analysis, abortion wins.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #29
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. Could you say that again.
    Since you gave me a smile with this post, glad to oblige. ;-)

    You're right, X Factor!!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #30
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There you are all with that phony "you all" again. Attribute what people say to who says it, not to some group you want to use it against who did not say it.
    Seriously, do you doubt that choicers DO NOT like being called pro aborts? Would you be ok with it?

    Legal and moral are separate issues.
    If this is true, why have any restrictions on abortion at all?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •