View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #281
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So, then you agree that the term "pro-abortion" doesn't apply, correct?
    No, I don't agree. They support the "right", they support the act. Call me whatever you want. If "anti-choice" means "anti-choice to kill your baby" then I'd still rather be that than "pro choice to kill your baby".
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #282
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If we are looking at accurate terminology, which some of you seem to be, NO, anti-choice.
    I believe Pro-Life is more discriptive and therefore more accurate.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  3. #283
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't disagree with you except that sex ed has been going on for a long time now, it just doesn't seem to be helping, does it?
    It's actually hard to say. The only evidence that we have either way, is comparing comprehensive sex ed programs to those who use abstinence only programs. Kids in sex ed programs are less likely to contract STD's or have unwanted pregnancies than those in abstinence only programs. Knowledge is a weapon.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #284
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I also think that solutions need to be focused on, like if abortions are far more limited than they are, currently, how will folks deal with the huge amount of potential adoptions, a foster care system that alreadly operates poorly, now receiving many more unwanted chidren, potential abuse issues stemming from children who are unwanted, and financial issues around families with children they cannot afford. People talk too much about "saving lives" but nothing about what to do after that life is saved.
    Your last sentence is SO true. I agree, people often focus on the wrong thing. It also SEEMS common place that the same people dont care what happens, dont acknowledge what happens and certainly dont want and "socialist" programs helping them afterwards or at least dont want taxes to pay for it. Doesnt make sense.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #285
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Which brings us back to the fact you are a liberal.

    source
    Yeah...so? Is someone choosing not to have kids at all so bad? Perhaps I just like the idea of my family being me and my girlfriend/wife? Sure as hell better than getting a baby and then realizing I can't support it. In my opinion that's just called thinking ahead rather than having a baby cuz u want one. If I ever decide to get a child I'll probably adopt and be part of the solution rather than the problem.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 01-29-11 at 04:21 PM.

  6. #286
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's actually hard to say. The only evidence that we have either way, is comparing comprehensive sex ed programs to those who use abstinence only programs. Kids in sex ed programs are less likely to contract STD's or have unwanted pregnancies than those in abstinence only programs. Knowledge is a weapon.
    I remember starting the thread on the report on this, and the flurry of comments that arrived. You are correct. Unwanted pregnancies are highest in states without sex ed or with abstinence only sex ed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #287
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I believe Pro-Life is more discriptive and therefore more accurate.
    That's nice. Doesn't alter that you are incorrect. By definition, you are limiting choices... and if you are OK with abortions for those who are raped, incest, or if the woman's life is in danger, you are NOT pro-life. You just have a few more choices.

    See what happens when you start screwing with definitions? In the end, you screw yourself, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #288
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    We aren't robbing Mexico of people, they are coming here because Mexico sucks, and if we made abortion illegal tomorrow, it would have no effect on illegal immigration. Your argument makes no sense.
    They're coming here for jobs. Jobs they are getting btw. As for my argument "makes no sense" in order for you to comprehend it you would have to accept the capitalist ideas of supply and demand. We have a demand for workers and mexico, not us, has a supply of workers. Had we not had roe v wade we'd pretty much have all the workers we needed.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  9. #289
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No, I don't agree. They support the "right", they support the act. Call me whatever you want. If "anti-choice" means "anti-choice to kill your baby" then I'd still rather be that than "pro choice to kill your baby".
    OK then. Anti-choice it is.

    Oh, and how can you be pro-life if you support the killing of a baby in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother's life?

    Like I told Dutch, you start screwing with definitions, ultimately, it will be you who gets screwed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #290
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's nice. Doesn't alter that you are incorrect. By definition, you are limiting choices... and if you are OK with abortions for those who are raped, incest, or if the woman's life is in danger, you are NOT pro-life. You just have a few more choices.

    See what happens when you start screwing with definitions? In the end, you screw yourself, too.
    Not at all, by definition I'm preserving life by being pro-life.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •