View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #221
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yeah, there's a high degree of utilitarian analysis to such issues. I believe that legalizing drugs, and taxing them, would be a much more effective way of regulating and decreasing their use. The same goes with guns. Your analogy doesn't really hold, however because there's no evidence to suggest that legalizing drunk driving would actually decrease the rate of drunk driving,
    Who's talking about reducing the rate of drunk driving. We're not talking about reducing the rate of abortion right? Isn't the argument that people should make their own moral choices?

    whereas there is plenty of evidence to support the position that the legalization of drugs will actually put more controls on their use.
    Sorry, SB, I just don't buy this. Making drugs legal would make them more readily available, not less.
    Last edited by X Factor; 01-29-11 at 03:37 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #222
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, I don't like guns but believe that it is a right in this country. There are in fact many of us like that.
    You mean living in a country whose government doesn't represent your values? I know the feeling.
    Last edited by Dutch; 01-29-11 at 03:39 PM.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  3. #223
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What is stupid to sit there and say you are are pro-choice but not pro-abortion. It makes as much sense as sayingl I have glock 19 but I do not own a hand gun.
    I think her argument makes sense to me. But you are entitled to your opinion and she is entitled to hers, and it sounds to me like this point neither of you is going to change the others' mind so why don't you debate her position rather than what to call it.

  4. #224
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, we will just have less women killed and maimed because of back ally abortions. And that is a good thing.
    That is a retarded argument for wanting abortion to be legal from a pro-life/anti-abortion perspective. Do you know why it is a retarded argument from a pro-life/anti-abortion perspective. Its because of the fact we as pro-lifers/anti-abortionist think the child the woman is carrying is equal to one outside the womb and deserves legal protection and that abortion should be treated just like murder. So the idea a woman should be legally allowed to kill her own child in order for it to be as safe as possible for her to kill her own child is laughable and idiotic.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #225
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    [QUOTE=X Factor;1059251813]
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yeah, there's a high degree of utilitarian analysis to such issues. I believe that legalizing drugs, and taxing them, would be a much more effective way of regulating and decreasing their use. The same goes with guns. Your analogy doesn't really hold, however because there's no evidence to suggest that legalizing drunk driving would actually decrease the rate of drunk driving,[/I]Who's talking about reducing the rate of drunk driving. We're not talking about reducing the rate of abortion right? Isn't the argument that people should make their own moral choices?

    Sorry, SB, I just don't buy this. Making drugs legal would make them more readily available, not less.
    Okay, granted. The same argument could be applied to prohibition and alcohol though, and the effects of that are well-documented.

  6. #226
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You mean living in a country that doesn't represent your values? I know the feeling.
    No, that is completely and totally not even remotely like what I mean.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #227
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Pro-life actually is the same as pro-death, since many women would die from back alley abortions. I think they should embrace the term.
    There were be a lot fewer of that than there are babies aborted every year. And for back alley abortionists, I'd be all for rooting them out and locking them up.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #228
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You mean living in a country that doesn't represent your values? I know the feeling.
    Just like I love my country, but I can't accept the fact that it has been responsible for many foreign policy blunders that have gotten innocent people killed, and where our leaders said to us that the ends justified the means but that that was pure BS? Yeah, we all know the feeling. Welcome to America Dutch!

  9. #229
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Pro-life actually is the same as pro-death, since many women would die from back alley abortions. I think they should embrace the term.
    I disagree. "Pro-lifers" are not saying anything about death, really. What they ARE doing, however, is stating "there is no choice". Anti-choicers is the correct terminology. IMO.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #230
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You mean living in a country that doesn't represent your values? I know the feeling.
    My country doesn't have to represent my values, I do that myself just fine. What my country should do is provide the best place for people to live so that they may practice there personal value system without government interference. You know, freedom, and personal choice, those things.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •