View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think Federal funds should be used to pay for abortions. Period. It's just plain silly not to use Federal funds for that purpose. We use Federal funds to terminate thousands of lives. Telling women that they must have been forcibly raped in order to get the procedure done at Medicaid's expense? Who's going to enforce that? How will it be enforced? Will the woman have had to file charges against her alleged rapist? Guys, look out. Will the abortion remains be tested for the DNA of the father and run through the system? What will "due process" for this determination involve? Ridiculous.

    As long as abortion is legal, for God's sake, let everyone who wants one have one.
    Maggie, I am really confused on your position on abortion. Sometimes you seem you're opposed, other times you come off as a near rabid choicer. Which is it?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #12
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Federal Funding meaning Tax Money meaning my money should not be use for abortions. Why should my money be use to condemn an innocent child to death?
    Because when you pay your taxes, it's not YOUR money anymore. OUR money can be spent as WE decide.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  3. #13
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Maggie, I am really confused on your position on abortion. Sometimes you seem you're opposed, other times you come off as a near rabid choicer. Which is it?
    When I first joined DP, had you asked me, I would have said "I'm ProLife." After reading/absorbing/thinking, I realize that I'm ProChoice with limits. I don't support abortion laws as they are now -- late-term abortions are murder, in my opinion. But I fully support a woman's right to choose abortion up to the end of three months. (If I knew more medically/scientifically, I might support a little longer, but....)

    Thank you for asking.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #14
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Bolded part: If you are going to reduce this to freakin' dollars and cents, pay for an abortion or support a child through aged 18. Along with his mother. The idea that there will be abortion police is just another black hole to pour money into. That, in and of itself, will cost more than the abortion would times ten -- or more.
    That's what this post and poll is about "FUNDING", so yes it's about dollars and cents. No one's claiming abortion police and you've got no data it would be a black hole of any kind. That's a Red Herring as you're arguing how something would be, which doesn't yet exist. It comes down to personal responsibility and the concept that the general tax payer is not and should not be responsible to pay for two individuals mistakes or misdeeds.

    What about that concept is confusing you?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #15
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Because when you pay your taxes, it's not YOUR money anymore. OUR money can be spent as WE decide.
    And since I and part of WE, I say the money isn't spent for abortions...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Just to throw out a comment: I hate the terms "pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice". It's like neither side in the debate wants to actually use the term "abortion". I much prefer what I see as the more accurate phrases "pro abortion rights" and "anti abortion rights", since what the debate boils down to is whether having an abortion is a right. Truth in advertising.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's what this post and poll is about "FUNDING", so yes it's about dollars and cents. No one's claiming abortion police and you've got no data it would be a black hole of any kind. That's a Red Herring as you're arguing how something would be, which doesn't yet exist. It comes down to personal responsibility and the concept that the general tax payer is not and should not be responsible to pay for two individuals mistakes or misdeeds.

    What about that concept is confusing you?
    What about the concept of supporting a child and mother 'til the child is 18 is confusing to you? Cost analysis: Pay for the abortion. Period.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    When I first joined DP, had you asked me, I would have said "I'm ProLife." After reading/absorbing/thinking, I realize that I'm ProChoice with limits. I don't support abortion laws as they are now -- late-term abortions are murder, in my opinion. But I fully support a woman's right to choose abortion up to the end of three months. (If I knew more medically/scientifically, I might support a little longer, but....)

    Thank you for asking.
    When you say something like, "let everyone who wants one, have one", like it's a cell phone or something, you sound like you support it with no restrictions.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #19
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Because when you pay your taxes, it's not YOUR money anymore. OUR money can be spent as WE decide.
    Your right it's our money and as part of "our" I say no federal spending on the murder of innocent children.

  10. #20
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What about the concept of supporting a child and mother 'til the child is 18 is confusing to you? Cost analysis: Pay for the abortion. Period.
    You seem under a delusion that I'm arguing NOT to abort... that's not the case. I say ABORT because that's what the law of the lands states is a "right". My point is, this is not the taxpayers bill to pay, it is the individuals involved. Get it yet?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •