View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Heck. I very deliberately do not talk about my beliefs around most people here because doing so is basically inviting violence and ostracism.
    Yeah, depends on the situation really. I definitely just say no if someone asks if I have a boyfriend and I don't know them well.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #132
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Suffice to say, I tend to live around a lot of very angry conservatives who are very vocal and demonstrative about their views.
    Yeah, I must say most all the hard-core conservatives are pushy and mean.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  3. #133
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Its pretty unfortunate that people have to be that way, but all we can do is be better and take the high road

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Yeah, I must say most all the hard-core conservatives are pushy and mean.
    You can interpret my experiences this way if you wish. Personally, I think its anger, but I think it has more to do with the economy than it does politics. (well a combination of a bad economy and then being lied to as to why due to outfits like fox news punditry)
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-29-11 at 01:35 PM.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    These days if someone reports a rape why doesn't someone at the police station suggest the morning after pill?
    Seems we could pretty much do away with abortions in cases of rape.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #135
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    These days if someone reports a rape why doesn't someone at the police station suggest the morning after pill?
    Seems we could pretty much do away with abortions in cases of rape.
    You would be surprised by the number of people who consider the morning after pill to be abortion (or IUDs or birth control pills of any type).

  6. #136
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    I can appreciate that you want to see a woman punished for choosing to have sex, but this thread is about rape. This is NOT "two individuals mistakes or misdeeds." Our society has failed to protect the woman/girl, now some want to not even pay for the abortion to set things right again. And again, this is only for POOR women, this is not for the general population.
    Statutory rape is still consent, just consent of minors which is viewed legally as an invalid union, therefore the guardians or parents should pay, not the taxpayer. Rape between a husband and wife - the rapist / agressor should pay for the abortion (and yes, it sometimes is the woman). In a rape where the rapist is unknown - I can see the taxpayers paying for such an abortion until the rapist is caught, and then the rapist pays via the method I've previously posted. Therefore, the frequency a taxpayer must pay for an abortion should be rather low.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #137
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    These days if someone reports a rape why doesn't someone at the police station suggest the morning after pill?
    Seems we could pretty much do away with abortions in cases of rape.
    Good point!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  8. #138
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Statutory rape is still consent, just consent of minors which is viewed legally as an invalid union, therefore the guardians or parents should pay, not the taxpayer. Rape between a husband and wife - the rapist / agressor should pay for the abortion (and yes, it sometimes is the woman). In a rape where the rapist is unknown - I can see the taxpayers paying for such an abortion until the rapist is caught, and then the rapist pays via the method I've previously posted. Therefore, the frequency a taxpayer must pay for an abortion should be rather low.
    Statutory rape can be(and frequently is) with some one too young to give consent. If a 13 year old gets molested, it's rape pure and simple even if she says yes. Frequently this is with some one in the household. Court cases frequently take over 9 months to resolve. Now who is paying while the molester is being tried?

    Further, the question is not about who should pay, or if federal funding should never be used, it is with the assumption that federal funding is now illegal for abortions except under limited circumstances, and these circumstances are now going to be made even more limited, and no where is any one going to pay as you suggest. In essence, you are answering a question I am not asking.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #139
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House abortion bill redefines rape, incest exceptions - Yahoo! News



    Oddly, despite being pro-abortion rights, I do not have a problem with the concept of federal funds not being allowed to pay for abortions except under limited circumstances, which is the case now. This though seems to be taking things to a new level.

    So what do you think? Is this taking things too far, or are these proposed new restrictions reasonable?
    I voted other. Only when multiple doctors have confirmed that a vaginal birth or c-section at any point past a 40% viability rate will kill the mother should the mother be allowed to use tax payer money to kill her child. If they are going to allow rape as exception that gets funded by tax payer dollars it should be only after the accused has been convicted and sentenced to prison. Face it aboritonists are not the most moral people on the planet so nothing would stop a cheap or broke bitch from falsely claiming rape to get tax payers to pay for her abortion. Just so people know where I stand on the abortion issue I believe it should only be legal when multiple doctors(preferable pro-life doctors) have confirmed that a vaginal birth or c-section at any point past a 40% viability rate will kill the mother.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I voted other. Only when multiple doctors have confirmed that a vaginal birth or c-section at any point past a 40% viability rate will kill the mother should the mother be allowed to use tax payer money to kill her child. If they are going to allow rape as exception that gets funded by tax payer dollars it should be only after the accused has been convicted and sentenced to prison. Face it aboritonists are not the most moral people on the planet so nothing would stop a cheap or broke bitch from falsely claiming rape to get tax payers to pay for her abortion. Just so people know where I stand on the abortion issue I believe it should only be legal when multiple doctors(preferable pro-life doctors) have confirmed that a vaginal birth or c-section at any point past a 40% viability rate will kill the mother.
    For the last time pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion. I am certainly pro-choice, and I am most certainly not pro-abortion.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •