View Poll Results: Are These Additional Restrictions on Abortion Funding Going Too Far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this goes too far

    16 50.00%
  • No, this is perfectly reasonable

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    5 15.63%
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 458

Thread: Is This Going Too Far?

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Hey, guess what, folks? We have just solved the problem of Federal spending and deficits.
    Bookmark this post when people call you a fake conservative

    But of course I disagree, I think the federal government should spend money, and we should compromise on what it does spend it on.
    Last edited by Your Star; 01-29-11 at 01:00 PM.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #102
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    If you believe a 15-year-old is perfectly capable of consenting to sex, then you surely must be opposed to parental notification or parental consent laws, right?
    I haven't done much research on the issue of notification and consent laws, but yes I believe 15 year olds are perfectly capable of being responsible for their own damn decisions.

  3. #103
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    No, I do not believe my stance is neutral. I think of myself as very biased, for my own culture, my own people. I'm very passionate about a number of issues. I'll leave the cold bloodedness to others.
    Thats fine. However, if you were to get the fully realized version of the society you wanted, it means someone is going to get a raw deal. Its the nature of free will and the different cultures that result out of it.

  4. #104
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Getting date raped is never the victims fault, and in no way should the victim be forced to carry the baby that wasn't her choosing in her body for 9 months. I don't like abortion, and think the person shouldn't choose abortion in cases of consensual sex, but I can totally see, and support a person in wanting to not be reminded of being violated, and possibly the worst moment of her life for 9 months.
    I agree with what you said here. However the flip side of the coin is that other people are paying for something that they had nothing to do with.

  5. #105
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I'm pretty liberal on most things but I guess I'm rather conservative on the issue of abortion. I don't believe that abortion should be performed except under extreme circumstances, and I REALLY don't believe that taxpayers' money should be used to fund abortions except under even more extreme circumstances.

    Let's put it this way. Getting date-raped is always an small possibility when you go to a club, a bar, whatever. That's just the inherent risk, and people have to know stepping into that club that there's a very small chance someone might take advantage of them, and get them pregnant. Getting pregnant might not be your fault, but it resulted because of a chain of decisions that you, yourself made. Why should the taxpayers be funding money for your indiscretions?

    Just like every time I drive out onto the streets, I know there is a chance, however minuscule, that I might get into a car accident. Even if the accident isn't my fault, I still have to pay insurance, and in some cases I might have to pay for damages out of pocket. It does not entitle me to a free car repair from the federal government.
    Looks like we got some common gorund besides the Corps. LOL

  6. #106
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Your comment mises my point entirely. We do not live in a theocratic or autocratic society is what I mean.
    My point being the country class that largely inhabits the flyover states is getting lousy representation. We constitute some half the population of this country and yet we have lousy to no representation in the federal government, little to none in the mainstream press, none in american colleges, and little to none in hollywood. Quite frankly I feel more like I'm living in occupied territory than a nation I have any actual ownership of. If anything I'd say we are members of an autocratic society as the leadership of both the democratic and republican parties largely come from the same social class. One that is mostly concerned with itself.
    Last edited by Dutch; 01-29-11 at 01:04 PM.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I agree with what you said here. However the flip side of the coin is that other people are paying for something that they had nothing to do with.
    The well being of the person already alive takes precedence over the fetus in this scenario IMO. I do not take this stance on abortion with consensual sex, but with rape I do.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #108
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    My point being the country class that largely inhabits the flyover states is getting lousy representation. We constitutes some half the population of this country and yet we have lousy to no representation in the federal government, little to none in the mainstream press, none in american colleges, and little to none in hollywood. Quite frankly I feel more like I'm living in occupied territory than a nation I have any actual ownership of.
    You do realize that everyone feels this way and not just one side of the aisle, right? The individual details may differ, but everyone has a reason to complain that society does not represent them for some reason. What makes one group more special than another in this regard?
    Last edited by tacomancer; 01-29-11 at 01:06 PM.

  9. #109
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Thats fine. However, if you were to get the fully realized version of the society you wanted, it means someone is going to get a raw deal. Its the nature of free will and the different cultures that result out of it.
    You mean, unlike now?
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is This Going Too Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    My point being the country class that largely inhabits the flyover states is getting lousy representation. We constitutes some half the population of this country and yet we have lousy to no representation in the federal government, little to none in the mainstream press, none in american colleges, and little to none in hollywood. Quite frankly I feel more like I'm living in occupied territory than a nation I have any actual ownership of.
    You have the same representation in the Senate as every other state, and your representation in the house is determined by your states population. So your are represented fairly.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •