View Poll Results: What do you think of Capital Punishment?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support it

    50 50.00%
  • Condone it

    21 21.00%
  • Neutral

    2 2.00%
  • other (explain)

    27 27.00%
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 331

Thread: Capital Punishment

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're just being facetious here, right?
    Yes. Clearly, we need people to do garbage collection and work at McDonald's.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're just being facetious here, right?
    Well world needs ditch diggers too I suppose. But if we're arbitrarily setting the standard on who deserves to be in the gene pool, I want to be the one to set that standard. No more idiots, I'm tired of dealing with dumb people. And I'll define dumb as anyone below 125 IQ.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #113
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well world needs ditch diggers too I suppose. But if we're arbitrarily setting the standard on who deserves to be in the gene pool, I want to be the one to set that standard. No more idiots, I'm tired of dealing with dumb people. And I'll define dumb as anyone below 125 IQ.
    But it's not about "arbitrary standards". The people on death row are there because they put themselves there by committing horrible crimes.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #114
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Capital Punishment

    If there is no doubt you killed someone and/or you admit to it? Kill you and fast. None of this long appeals process either as you should be dead within 6 months.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #115
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Capital Punishment

    ARe people really worried about the point of hard labor for asswipes? I mean really? lol.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #116
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    But it's not about "arbitrary standards". The people on death row are there because they put themselves there by committing horrible crimes.
    They are there because they were convicted of committing horrible crimes. But that doesn't necessarily mean they did. Seeing as the failure mode of the death penalty means executing a person innocent of the charged crimes, it seems perhaps a bit extreme to authorize it. Illinois had to put a moratorium on their DP several years ago because they found that a significant portion of the death row inmates were not the ones who committed the crime they are convicted of. So barring absolute knowledge, it is a bit of an arbitrary line. You'll say people convicted of horrible crimes should be executed and taken out of the gene pool. I'll say dumbasses ruin everything and should be taken out of the gene pool.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    ARe people really worried about the point of hard labor for asswipes? I mean really? lol.
    People are often on death row or on a chain gang because they are poorly educated, black, hispanic, poor or living in the wrong state at the wrong time. Do you believe that justice is meted out fairly, equitably and delivers just and impartial verdicts? You might want to review your 'Very Liberal' lean statement.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #118
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They are there because they were convicted of committing horrible crimes. But that doesn't necessarily mean they did. Seeing as the failure mode of the death penalty means executing a person innocent of the charged crimes, it seems perhaps a bit extreme to authorize it. Illinois had to put a moratorium on their DP several years ago because they found that a significant portion of the death row inmates were not the ones who committed the crime they are convicted of. So barring absolute knowledge, it is a bit of an arbitrary line. You'll say people convicted of horrible crimes should be executed and taken out of the gene pool. I'll say dumbasses ruin everything and should be taken out of the gene pool.
    Well, I'm not the one saying they should be taken out of the gene pool, I just think that someone who commits capital murder and is convicted of it, should pay the ultimate price. Keep in mind, cap murder is worse than ordinary murder. Usually a murder is capital if they've murdered a child, a police officer, more than one person or if they've committed murder while committing another felony. Also, to get a judge or jury to assess the DP, the evidence of guilt has to be pretty overwhelming. The odds of convicting the wrong guy nowadays is virtually nil. Look at the AZ shooting, is there really any question of guilt? If not, regardless of any mental issues he should be put to death. Do you disagree?
    Last edited by X Factor; 02-01-11 at 09:19 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #119
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    People are often on death row or on a chain gang because they are poorly educated, black, hispanic, poor or living in the wrong state at the wrong time. Do you believe that justice is meted out fairly, equitably and delivers just and impartial verdicts? You might want to review your 'Very Liberal' lean statement.
    People are put on death row or chain gangs because of the crimes they commit, not because of what you claim. I don't think it necessarily goes against anyone's liberal lean to consider the victim over the perpetrator, in fact, I kinda wonder why more liberals don't see it that way. If your heart's gonna bleed, why not bleed for the victims?
    Last edited by X Factor; 02-01-11 at 09:23 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Capital Punishment

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    People are put on death row or chain gangs because of the crimes they commit, not because of what you claim. I don't think it necessarily goes against anyone's liberal lean to consider the victim over the perpetrator, in fact, I kinda wonder why more liberals don't see it that way. If your heart's gonna bleed, why not bleed for the victims?
    Trouble is, your heart only appears to bleed for the victims of crimes committed by the poorly educated, or black, or hispanic, or poor criminals. Where's all the outrage about the victims of the rich and well-connected, well-represented criminals whose advantages get them off scot free from the consequences of their actions? It's as if the vicissitudes of the legal system don't really exist, that all is lovely and just and functional, when the world knows otherwise. For that reason it is not the progressives, worrying about miscarriages of justice, who are letting down the victims, it's those who are blasé about how well the system functions who are indifferent to the righteous demands of the victims. The victims of all crimes deserve justice, and justice is not served simply by ensuring that somebody pays a price for every crime, but that the right person pays for the right crime.
    Last edited by Andalublue; 02-02-11 at 08:26 AM.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •