View Poll Results: It's the fault of....

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • The shooter

    50 98.04%
  • Glenn Beck

    3 5.88%
  • Sarah Palin

    5 9.80%
  • Rush Limbaugh

    3 5.88%
  • The Tea Party

    4 7.84%
  • The Media

    4 7.84%
  • Video Games

    2 3.92%
  • The shooter's parents

    8 15.69%
  • The gun shop owner

    1 1.96%
  • Other

    5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

  1. #21
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I blame the shooter but I also blame a society that tolerates such easy access to semi-automatic handguns and high capacity magazines.


    I blame the shooter, and the failure of those around him. I don't believe in mythical powers of inanimate objects.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #22
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I blame the shooter but I also blame a society that tolerates such easy access to semi-automatic handguns and high capacity magazines.
    that is psychobabble. people intent on mass murder are going to be able to do it even if your hoplophobic dreams were to come true. Tim McVeigh didn't need a gun nor did the guy who firebombed a Dominican night club in NYC years ago



  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Agree.
    Present "privacy" laws protect the individual, but not really...the privacy laws must be overhauled, completely. Privacy prevents the police from knowing what they should know...
    Who is responsible for this ?
    a constitutional republic that realizes there is a balance between privacy rights, doctor-patient privilege and the state's need to know



  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Agree.
    Present "privacy" laws protect the individual, but not really...the privacy laws must be overhauled, completely. Privacy prevents the police from knowing what they should know...
    Who is responsible for this ?


    But really, they did not prevent a thing.

    Just a sherrif and a school that really didn't want to act to help a very delusional nut bag.


    Rantings of creepy Arizona mass murder suspect Jared Lee Loughner: 'This is my genocide school'
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    And, if it turns out that the shooter is not responsible by reason of insanity, who/what is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? It would appear that this was his first serious criminal act. It is hard to blame parents, schools, etc. when there was no serious incident to point at.

    Or was it just inevitable. Mass shootings are just the price of American-style liberty. Oh, well, nothing to see here, just another pound of flesh that we must occasionally pony up for our freedom.

    Rather, I think Americans have a huge blind spot in the shape of a handgun that we just won't come to terms with.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    And, if it turns out that the shooter is not responsible by reason of insanity, who/what is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? It would appear that this was his first serious criminal act. It is hard to blame parents, schools, etc. when there was no serious incident to point at.

    The shooter!

    Or was it just inevitable. Mass shootings are just the price of American-style liberty. Oh, well, nothing to see here, just another pound of flesh that we must occasionally pony up for our freedom.

    Rather, I think Americans have a huge blind spot in the shape of a handgun that we just won't come to terms with.

    So, tell us, how much liberty are you willing to trade for you own personal safety? Where would you draw the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    And, if it turns out that the shooter is not responsible by reason of insanity, who/what is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? …
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The shooter! …
    It's like blaming the storm for the ship sinking. It's accurate: the ship wouldn't have sunk but for the storm, but, it doesn't really get you anywhere. Storms happen; mental illness happens. Storms sink ships, mentally ill people do crazy things, including, potentially very harmful things if given access to harm-causing instruments like handguns. If you are concerned about ships not sinking during storms, then, your focus is on stuff like storm tracking, ship integrity and crew training. If your concern is about preventing mass shootings , then your focus is about detecting and treating mental illness and preventing deadly instruments like handguns from falling into the hands of mentally ill people.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    It's like blaming the storm for the ship sinking. It's accurate: the ship wouldn't have sunk but for the storm, but, it doesn't really get you anywhere. Storms happen; mental illness happens. Storms sink ships, mentally ill people do crazy things, including, potentially very harmful things if given access to harm-causing instruments like handguns. If you are concerned about ships not sinking during storms, then, your focus is on stuff like storm tracking, ship integrity and crew training. If your concern is about preventing mass shootings , then your focus is about detecting and treating mental illness and preventing deadly instruments like handguns from falling into the hands of mentally ill people.
    Looks like Doopnik ****ed the dog on this one, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    And, if it turns out that the shooter is not responsible by reason of insanity, who/what is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? It would appear that this was his first serious criminal act. It is hard to blame parents, schools, etc. when there was no serious incident to point at.

    Or was it just inevitable. Mass shootings are just the price of American-style liberty. Oh, well, nothing to see here, just another pound of flesh that we must occasionally pony up for our freedom.

    Rather, I think Americans have a huge blind spot in the shape of a handgun that we just won't come to terms with.
    Sane or insane, the shooter is responsible for the act. Even the most insane make decisions to to whatever they do.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  10. #30
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Who/What is at fault for the mass shooting in AZ? (choose all that apply)

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Sane or insane, the shooter is responsible for the act. Even the most insane make decisions to to whatever they do.
    Yup, I think I covered that; for many Americans it's just the price we pay for our liberty “to keep and bear Arms.” Every so often a half dozen to a few dozen of us just have to die; there's no point in altering anything.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •