View Poll Results: Were the Nazis...

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Predominantly Right Wing

    123 50.20%
  • Predominantly Left Wing

    75 30.61%
  • Largely in the center

    18 7.35%
  • Don't know/unsure/no opinion/none of the above

    29 11.84%
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 411

Thread: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,025

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Depends on the person in the party, because not all democrats associate with the same policies.
    Or as charts, like the Nolan chart has shown, some people ascribe to different levels and avenues of liberalism.
    You are more than welcome to look up the official party platform of the last 12 Democratic Party Conventions and see if you can find any evidence of the party NOT taking the liberal position on civil rights issues.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Incorrect.
    Otherwise some liberals wouldn't believe in the buy America nonsense and trade protectionism.
    "Buy American" views are standard populist ideology, shared by many Democrats AND Republicans. Don't forget that Clinton signed onto NAFTA and Obama has expanded free-trade.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The whole point of the chart is to disassociate libertarians with any specific point on the continuum.... the right being the point that is most often associated with so many of their position. Far more libertarians fall on the right wing side of far more issues than they do on the left side. Look at the libertarian pin-up boys Ron and Rand Paul. Its not the liberal Democratic Party they run with is it? Paul people proudly boast how the right wing tea party emerged from their loins. You get rid of the isolationist foreign policy issues and the fact that some of them like to smoke dope, they pretty much would be very comfortable in bed with Grover Norquist and the board from ALEC.

    Its fun watching libertarians trying to prove that they are special... they are different... they are so damn unique. They even needed a whole new measurement device for them after ages of the standard continuum because they are so damn special. They are so special that one of their own had to go and find a way to free them from the specter of right wing conservatism.
    Twisting in the wind.

    You can't support your claim, so you revert to insults and load language.
    Nice.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,025

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Incorrect.
    Otherwise some liberals wouldn't believe in the buy America nonsense and trade protectionism.
    Perhaps they simply believe in the powers the sainted Founding Fathers gave to our government when they wrote the Constitution?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #215
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the Nazis were homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, & racist.

    these are all Conservatives traits.
    I see. First off, how do explain half the SA and SS being gay? Second, how can you possibly conclude that racism is strictly a, "Conservative", trait. Margaret Sanger was a racist. She was a Libbo. I find it incredibly ironic that Planned Parenthood gave the Margaret Sanger Award to Martin Luther King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    "Buy American" views are standard populist ideology, shared by many Democrats AND Republicans. Don't forget that Clinton signed onto NAFTA and Obama has expanded free-trade.
    Clinton and Obama are not the sole definition on what is and is not liberal.
    The fact that some liberals support trade protectionism and other xenophobic trade policies, is enough for me to disprove your claim.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #217
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,025

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Twisting in the wind.

    You can't support your claim, so you revert to insults and load language.
    Nice.
    I supported my claim with several facts all connected and proving my point. The fact that you can stand there doing an imitation of an ostrich with its head in the sand one minute and placing your fingers in your ears loudly chanting LA LA LA the next, is a tribute to the amount of kool-aid you must have consumed. Lew Rockwell is probably writing you a commendation as we speak.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #218
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are wrong. bigotry & xenophobia are part of right wing ideology, not left wing.
    You are incorrect.

    Bigotry and xenophobia are an ideology unto themselves, separate and excluded from the political ideologies you mention.


    I know this because I have observed that:

    There exist conservative/right-wing persons who are not bigoted or xenophobic.

    There exist liberal/left-wing persons who are not bigoted or xenophobic.


    If those two statements are accurate, it then follows that bigotry and xenophobia are NOT inherent parts of either mentioned political ideology.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Clinton and Obama are not the sole definition on what is and is not liberal.
    The fact that some liberals support trade protectionism and other xenophobic trade policies, is enough for me to disprove your claim.
    trying to protect American manufacturing jobs by buying American products, is not xenophobia.

    not buying Chinese products to protest poor Chinese quality in their manufacturing process, and authoritatian Chinese rule, is not xenophobia.

  10. #220
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Left-wingers don't talk about the "master race", and persecute other races, religions, ethnicities that they consider to be "inferior".
    The Lefties talk about the politically correct races and persecute these politically incorrect religions and ethnic groups they consider to be, "inferior". We often hear Libbos gone on-n-on about, "white trash, rednecks, hicks, trailer trash", etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •