View Poll Results: Were the Nazis...

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Predominantly Right Wing

    123 50.20%
  • Predominantly Left Wing

    75 30.61%
  • Largely in the center

    18 7.35%
  • Don't know/unsure/no opinion/none of the above

    29 11.84%
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 411

Thread: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

  1. #201
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,770

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Ok and so what?
    That doesn't provide any plausible facts, that libertarians are trying to use it, to disassociate themselves from the right.

    You position is not all that dissimilar from the Truthers or Birthers, you've just put a different spin to it, that really defines your partisanship.
    Anything you disagree with is, right wing.
    If only for the sake of consistency you have a story and you should stick to it. My position is based in fact - Nolan invented his chart and his was a libertarian. Libertarians use it constantly in conjunction with their smalles political quiz which amazingly often reveals that its takers share positions with them. Imagine that.

    Now what that has to do with lies saying that Obama was born in Kenya is something you should explain. Because that has no basis in fact. The chart of Nolan the libertarian is factual.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #202
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wasn't it the Democrats who supported the Civil Rights Act & Voting Rights Act, forcing racist Southern-Democrats into the loving arms of the Republican Party?
    Oh now you're trying to split the liberal party by saying that only some of them were racist, but on the other hand you're more than fine with broad brushing the entirity of conservatism by saying they are racist, xenophobic, et all.

    Cherry picking at it's finest.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,770

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The Nazis started and ended, before the Democrat Party abandoned it's racist beliefs.
    So what? What is the position of the Democratic Party today and has been for the last half century now?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #204
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    oh, so hating blacks, Jews, gays, and immigrants...is a Progressive left-wing thing???

    Did I say that?

    No, I simply stated that you were incorrect to say it was a conservative and/or right-wing thing.

    It's not an either/or question - assholes are assholes, whatever their political ideology.

    If you heard a democrat/liberal friend (or acquaintance) of yours make an obviously racist statement – would you dismiss it because they weren’t republican/conservative?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #205
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If only for the sake of consistency you have a story and you should stick to it. My position is based in fact - Nolan invented his chart and his was a libertarian. Libertarians use it constantly in conjunction with their smalles political quiz which amazingly often reveals that its takers share positions with them. Imagine that.

    Now what that has to do with lies saying that Obama was born in Kenya is something you should explain. Because that has no basis in fact. The chart of Nolan the libertarian is factual.
    You made the implication that the Nolan chart, was invented to disassociate libertarians with the right wing, which you have yet to prove.
    Keep dancing, it's quite amusing.

    Prove that he created the chart to disassociate libertarians with right wing, prove it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Did I say that?

    No, I simply stated that you were incorrect to say it was a conservative and/or right-wing thing.

    It's not an either/or question - assholes are assholes, whatever their political ideology.

    If you heard a democrat/liberal friend (or acquaintance) of yours make an obviously racist statement – would you dismiss it because they weren’t republican/conservative?
    you are wrong. bigotry & xenophobia are part of right wing ideology, not left wing.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what? What is the position of the Democratic Party today and has been for the last half century now?
    Depends on the person in the party, because not all democrats associate with the same policies.
    Or as charts, like the Nolan chart has shown, some people ascribe to different levels and avenues of liberalism.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,770

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You made the implication that the Nolan chart, was invented to disassociate libertarians with the right wing, which you have yet to prove.
    Keep dancing, it's quite amusing.

    Prove that he created the chart to disassociate libertarians with right wing, prove it.
    The whole point of the chart is to disassociate libertarians with any specific point on the continuum.... the right being the point that is most often associated with so many of their position. Far more libertarians fall on the right wing side of far more issues than they do on the left side. Look at the libertarian pin-up boys Ron and Rand Paul. Its not the liberal Democratic Party they run with is it? Paul people proudly boast how the right wing tea party emerged from their loins. You get rid of the isolationist foreign policy issues and the fact that some of them like to smoke dope, they pretty much would be very comfortable in bed with Grover Norquist and the board from ALEC.

    Its fun watching libertarians trying to prove that they are special... they are different... they are so damn unique. They even needed a whole new measurement device for them after ages of the standard continuum because they are so damn special. They are so special that one of their own had to go and find a way to free them from the specter of right wing conservatism.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #209
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are wrong. bigotry & xenophobia are part of right wing ideology, not left wing.
    Incorrect.
    Otherwise some liberals wouldn't believe in the buy America nonsense and trade protectionism.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Were the Nazis Right or Left Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Depends on the person in the party, because not all democrats associate with the same policies.
    Or as charts, like the Nolan chart has shown, some people ascribe to different levels and avenues of liberalism.
    Liberalism= Progressivism. Such views such as being pro-gay rights, pro-abortion rights, pro-environmental regulations, pro-drug legalization, pro-hate crime legislation, are considered to be Liberal/Progressive.

    However, Conservatives views include anti-gay rights, anti-abortion rights, anti-environmental rules, anti- hate crime laws, anti-drug legalization, etc. This is the side that the Nazis would be on. (except for the environmental rules, but they didn't give a **** about trees and plants, they just saw them as part of their "aryan" heritage and crap).

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •