View Poll Results: Does the media owe the TEA Party an apology for their assumptions regarding Loughner?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 41.86%
  • No

    25 58.14%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 117

Thread: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So, let me get this straight.

    The whole time leading up to election day this time around, every time something someone attacked the Tea Party movement (or the movement embarrassed itself) we were told that it wasn't a party. We were told (paraphrasing of course) that it was a loosely confederated bunch of grassroots organizations whose chief goal was power to the people and smaller government, not a party.

    Now, we're seriously asking ourselves if the media owes the Tea Party an apology? A strawman organization we were repeatedly told by members of the movement didn't exist?

    Oh, okay.

    **** off.
    The Tea Party, all through the campaign, was described by its members as a loosely organized group with no nationally recognized over arching body or figure head that was a political movement not a technical "Political Party" as the term is used or viewed today.

    Something doesn't have to be a Political Party to be a group or have a group identity, even if its a loose one.

    That said, to the topic...

    Absolutely not. The Media does what the media does. If individuals that are part of the Tea Party don't realize this by now then they're either ignorant or fooling themselves. There's no reason to expect or suggest someone owes them an apology because it shouldn't matter either way to them, if for no other reason than it'd be hollow.

    A large amount of the media and many on the left have long disliked the Tea Party and various conservatives. In the wake of this tragedy, rather than actually deal with the tragedy, they have sullied it by using it as a lifeless political tool to bash their enemies with regardless of the relevance, seeking to play on the emotions of average people. If people are shocked by this it is sadly only because we've deluded ourselves to thinking that possibly some people have a bit more decency than that. It seems that's not the case.

    It is what it is, and expecting an "apology" or suggesting its owed is ridiculous. The only thing to do is combat the disgusting behavior with actual facts, logic, and common sense and go from there.

  2. #32
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The Tea Party, all through the campaign, was described by its members as a loosely organized group with no nationally recognized over arching body or figure head that was a political movement not a technical "Political Party" as the term is used or viewed today.

    Something doesn't have to be a Political Party to be a group or have a group identity, even if its a loose one.

    That said, to the topic...

    Absolutely not. The Media does what the media does. If individuals that are part of the Tea Party don't realize this by now then they're either ignorant or fooling themselves. There's no reason to expect or suggest someone owes them an apology because it shouldn't matter either way to them, if for no other reason than it'd be hollow.

    A large amount of the media and many on the left have long disliked the Tea Party and various conservatives. In the wake of this tragedy, rather than actually deal with the tragedy, they have sullied it by using it as a lifeless political tool to bash their enemies with regardless of the relevance, seeking to play on the emotions of average people. If people are shocked by this it is sadly only because we've deluded ourselves to thinking that possibly some people have a bit more decency than that. It seems that's not the case.

    It is what it is, and expecting an "apology" or suggesting its owed is ridiculous. The only thing to do is combat the disgusting behavior with actual facts, logic, and common sense and go from there.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #33
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, of course, you wouldn't think so.
    Damn skippy. They pointed to their decentralization as a way of deflecting responsibility or embarrassment for the things done by other members of the movement, and that's fine, but that means there's no one thing or organization or leadership or whatever to apologize to.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    SEVERAL apologies, actually, going back a couple of years now... but we ain't holding our breath waiting.
    I'd just like to know what the tea parties have ever done that makes them such a target for the hatred from the left. The same with the hatred Sarah Palin and her family has had to endure.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Damn skippy. They pointed to their decentralization as a way of deflecting responsibility or embarrassment for the things done by other members of the movement, and that's fine, but that means there's no one thing or organization or leadership or whatever to apologize to.
    I think the suggestion that since the "tea party", as a whole...IE the movement as a whole, the membership as the whole...were wrongly accused as being that which fueled this attack that the movement, the people, as a whole should be apologized to. Not that some individual figure head should get apologized to.

    Like, if Bush got killed and people were saying the Anti-War movement spurred the atmosphere to allow it...and it came out it was some nutjob that thought Milee Cyrus wanted him to do it so they could be together...that people suggested the Anti-War movement should be apologized to. Not suggesting that say...you need to go find Cindy Sheehan specifically and say sorry...but basically a public push by media to say "We jumped to conclussions and wrongfully slandered a large portion of the American public, for that we were wrong".

    I don't think that's necessary, or even reasonable to expect or think is "owed", but you're twisting what is being said simply to fit your means of an argument rather than dealing with what people are actually saying based off what they've always said. You conviently, during the election, twisted what people said to suggest the Tea Party was one thing and are not twisting it again to manufacture inconsistency, when in reality there's always been consistancy and its been you and how you want to portray it that's changed.

  6. #36
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the suggestion that since the "tea party", as a whole...IE the movement as a whole, the membership as the whole...were wrongly accused as being that which fueled this attack that the movement, the people, as a whole should be apologized to. Not that some individual figure head should get apologized to.

    Like, if Bush got killed and people were saying the Anti-War movement spurred the atmosphere to allow it...and it came out it was some nutjob that thought Milee Cyrus wanted him to do it so they could be together...that people suggested the Anti-War movement should be apologized to. Not suggesting that say...you need to go find Cindy Sheehan specifically and say sorry...but basically a public push by media to say "We jumped to conclussions and wrongfully slandered a large portion of the American public, for that we were wrong".

    I don't think that's necessary, or even reasonable to expect or think is "owed", but you're twisting what is being said simply to fit your means of an argument rather than dealing with what people are actually saying based off what they've always said. You conviently, during the election, twisted what people said to suggest the Tea Party was one thing and are not twisting it again to manufacture inconsistency, when in reality there's always been consistancy and its been you and how you want to portray it that's changed.
    seriously? Miley Cyrus plays the role of Jodie Foster in your analogy? Come on. At least Jodie Foster has talent.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #37
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,723

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Damn skippy. They pointed to their decentralization as a way of deflecting responsibility or embarrassment for the things done by other members of the movement, and that's fine, but that means there's no one thing or organization or leadership or whatever to apologize to.
    Honestly, I could give a rat's ass if the media apologized or not. I think the Obama admin owes an apology more than the media does. I just have to wonder why nobody's calling for the media to take responsibility for the violence it incites. Like when the controversy came up about the pastor in Florida who was going to burn the Koran. The main stream media couldn't wait to cover it and pretty much offer every excuse in advance for any violence that would occur because of it. If the media wants to call out Sarah Palin or whoever that's fine, but I get to call them out on their hypocrisy.

    BTW, I find your avatar to be violent and an incitement to violence. LOL
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #38
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Ok - the book thing might seem odd. But I've read them all (ok - that doesn't help anyone)

    I think WHY you read something and what you do with what you've learned is far more important than THAT you read it.
    I agree. Also, do we have any reason to believe that this sick individual has ever even read or owned these books? It seems that once he went "weird" some years back was he even capable of sitting down and reading a book? If a person is a paranoid schitzophrenic would he be capable of reading Mein Kamph? Just asking.. I'm not real familiar with the desease.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #39
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Honestly if anyone should offer an apology it should be that stupid sheriff who opened his mouth to begin with. If I remember correctly (babysitting, taking my brother to that terrible Nicolas Cage movie, and football might have affected my timeline), but it was with him that most of this started.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Does the media owe the TEA party an apology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    This is just another beautiful example of how the victim-mentality has infested the "conservative" movement. Seriously.

    People are so interested in pretending to be victims of terrible injustices that they are now calling for one amorphous non-being to apologize to another amorphous non-being for pure nonsense.

    This kind of absurdity is why modern conservatism has jumped the shark.
    Who is asking for an apology? I thought this was just a hypothetical question on the internet. Are there tea party orgs. calling for an apology?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •