View Poll Results: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 8.64%
  • No

    69 42.59%
  • Depends on how it's used

    79 48.77%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 209

Thread: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    I don't find much of anything "offensive", so if you're asking if I think it's offensive then no.

    Do others think it's offensive? Maybe. I generally try to respect other peoples' offense. If people don't like being called "black" or "a jew" or whatever, I won't say it to them...

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    I am so liberal minded that no words offend me. I even love tadpoles who are poor swimmers.

  3. #73
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Two plus two doesn't even remotely equal 4, Demon.

    Two plus two only equals half of 8.
    Are you saying I am saying the same thing or are you acknowledging that what Finkelstein has said is not the same as what you have said and in fact you are drawing your own conclusions about him by stretching his words to a point where they satisfy your paranoia? That is to say what he has actually said is only "half of" the truth that you are capable of deriving from his words in absolute objectivity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    He writes entire books towards that end, and is an unabashed supporter of the terrorist organizations Hamas and Hezbollah, to boot.
    He supports their right to defend themselves from Israeli aggression. Of course, criticizing Israel is not the same as criticizing Jews so it is quite irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You don't consider abusing the murders of millions of people for personal gain to be conniving, manipulating, and deceitful?
    Do you? If so, does that mean you think no one in the Jewish establishment has used the Holocaust for financial and political gain? Of course, if saying some Jews are conniving, manipulating and deceitful is the same as saying all Jews are then it must mean you are an antisemite as well. Indeed, it must mean we are all antisemites because no one could objectively argue that there is not a Jew in the world who connives, manipulates, or deceives.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  4. #74
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    [QUOTE=Demon of Light;1059201216]Are you saying I am saying the same thing or are yo
    Last edited by X Factor; 01-06-11 at 02:56 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #75
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Good grief, I don't even know how I accomplished that ^^^ unfinished post. What I meant to say was I disagree w/ DOL's suggestion that between Israel and Hamas, that it's Israel that's the aggressor. Hamas is committed to jihad against Israel and is opposed to any peace talks. Both are in the Hamas charter.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #76
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Good grief, I don't even know how I accomplished that ^^^ unfinished post. What I meant to say was I disagree w/ DOL's suggestion that between Israel and Hamas, that it's Israel that's the aggressor. Hamas is committed to jihad against Israel and is opposed to any peace talks. Both are in the Hamas charter.
    What about between Israel and the people of Gaza? Who is the aggressor there?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    What about between Israel and the people of Gaza? Who is the aggressor there?
    Who keeps lobbing rockets into Israel?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #78
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Who keeps lobbing rockets into Israel?
    That is completely irrelevant to my question, which is about Gazan civilians.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  9. #79
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    That is completely irrelevant to my question, which is about Gazan civilians.
    It is entirely relevant.

    Gazans voted overwhelmingly for a terrorist organization to represent them, Gazan's actively engage in terrorism, and Gazan's lob thousands of rockets into Israel hoping to kill Jews because they are Jews.

    Just because your agenda demands you ignore certain facts, that doesn't mean these facts are not relevant.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #80
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Is the Term "Jew" Offensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener

    Gazans voted overwhelmingly for a terrorist organization to represent them, Gazan's actively engage in terrorism, and Gazan's lob thousands of rockets into Israel hoping to kill Jews because they are Jews.
    That is called collective punishment and is illegal in international law. It's sort of like saying "The majority of Germans supported Hitler so the German Jews deserved it."
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •