View Poll Results: I think "Little Mosque on the Prairie" is...

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Funny as all git out!

    0 0%
  • Sort of funny

    5 38.46%
  • Not really funny

    2 15.38%
  • Funny is altogether missing

    3 23.08%
  • WTF?

    5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Little Mosque on the Prairie

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    If they didn't manifest until Obama took office, then how could Bush have calmed them down?



    Hooooooooooooooo, boy.
    Do you think Obama can reach conservatives?

  2. #22
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    I don't think it matters, because I disagree with what seems to be your underlying argument.

    I don't think that Americans need to be led by the hand away from blind hate by anyone -- much less the President. This is not the world's largest classroom, and the President is not the world's best-protected teacher.

    I think the haters need to behave like, well, adults.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I don't think it matters, because I disagree with what seems to be your underlying argument.

    I don't think that Americans need to be led by the hand away from blind hate by anyone -- much less the President. This is not the world's largest classroom, and the President is not the world's best-protected teacher.

    I think the haters need to behave like, well, adults.
    Bush was able to quiet conservative feelings. Obama can't. Everyone is entitled to decide for himself or herself what behaving like an adult is. You have an opinion. Everybody is entitled to one.

    But Obama is not able to do anything to tap down the feelings among a large group of Americans. There is no denying that. He can't tap it down because he can't speak to them.

  4. #24
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Nope, sorry. I absolutely positively reject your assertion that the American people need to have their feelings quieted by a benevolent President-teacher figure.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Nope, sorry. I absolutely positively reject your assertion that the American people need to have their feelings quieted by a benevolent President-teacher figure.
    And I absolutely reject your rejection. But you are entitled to an opinion.

  6. #26
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    So you think that the American people are children who need to be led by a teacher-President down the righteous path, lest they go astray?

    Please.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So you think that the American people are children who need to be led by a teacher-President down the righteous path, lest they go astray?

    Please.

    Nope. But I will tell you what I really think. I think neither of us are profiting from this exchange.

  8. #28
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Ok - you piqued my curiosity . . . I randomly plucked a bit from youtube other than the one in the OP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8AFUZLApNI

    So it's actually more like a comedy - like every other drab mind number comedy with flat jokes and annoying theme music. It's stupid - but fits in with everything else.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #29
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    I watched a couple of eps when it first came out. It got old kinda fast. Some of the characters were funny, others not so much. It didn't hold my interest for longer that 3 or 4 eps.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #30
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Little Mosque on the Prairie

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Watched it a bit when it first came out a few years ago

    It was rather boring

    Trailer Park Boys was more entertaining
    Trailer Park Boys is boring... I have tried to watch it a few times, because it looks like it might be funny but I always lose interest. The Whitest Kids You Know is so much better..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •