View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #821
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Wow this is gonna be so easy, it always is when I deal in reality and the you deal in dishonesty and fantasy.
    ad-homonyms are not an argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1. if you are against gay marriage you are against gay rights PERIOD doesnt work any other way.
    I am not against gays having all the same rights as married couples, neither is Jerry and we have both in this thread stated as much. I am against the redefining of marriage, period. So you can think what you like but it is not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2. you said and I quote "As for the rest you can think what you like, it does not change the reality that it has nothing at all to do with family."

    this is you telling redress what she thinks and in other places she was told she was wrong or dishonest or it didn't matter LMAO
    What part of "you can think what you like" are you missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    she IS the gay movement along with all on her side genius, so what she and others think very much matters. What doesnt matter is what YOU think because you are against it, so the decision isnt your to make nor can you. That might be the dumbest and most uneducated ignorant statement Ive read in a long time on this subject.
    She is one individual that makes up part of the movement. She is no more the movement than I am the civil rights movement. No one person represents the whole as we are all different. So she is only one part of a large whole as you said. She does not however represent it as I said we are all different.

    Your rhetoric is not much better than blanket statements and assumptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Thats very funny and dishonest that some how YOU know and speak for all gays and their motives LMAO Also you attempting to backpedal and say you were talking about the movement also doesn't fly because the individuals make up the movement. Do you get some movement news letter or something that told you what the movement is about? LMAO You know how moronic that statement was and it is to make such a dishonest ridiculous claim, it will not work
    I have had and do have many gay friends. So I am not speaking for anyones motives in particular. I am however pointing out an obvious motivation for members of the movement. I have also not said this is good or bad one wayor the other, but I don't agree with it.

    I don't know how that is back peddling but you can think what you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Nope never said that, never implied that nor does it matter just more back pedaling and deflection by you. LMAO
    I never said you did? Notice the lack of quotation marks. You did however imply that a single person or two IS the movement. You further qualified my assumption with your "she IS the gay movement along with all on her side." Inferring that because she is part of the movement, her opinion is somehow more valid?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-14-11 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #822
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    ad-homonyms are not an argument.
    FACTS are though



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not against gays having all the same rights as married couples, neither is Jerry and we have both in this thread stated as much. I am against the redefining of marriage, period. So you can think what you like but it is not true.
    not only is it true, its a FACT, you are against gay marriage therefore you are against equal rights for gays. You want to discriminate against them. Therefore you are not for gay rights and no matter how bad you want to spin things to make yourself feel better about discriminating against them fellow americans the facts wont change. LMAO again just more blind blatant dishonesty from you.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What part of "you can think what you like" are you missing?
    didnt miss anything ,I focused on the where you told her IT DOESNT MATTER lol the nerve of you, you are not gay its not your decision PERIOD lol to think otherwise makes you look VERY foolish



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    She is one individual that makes up part of the movement. She is no more the movement than I am the civil rights movement. No one person represents the whole as we are all different.
    I agree PART and that one movement is made up of ALL the parts so what she says goes and is fact and what you say is MEANINGLESS, you act like she is the ONLY one that feels they way she does, like she is an anomaly. What a joke LMAO again it was just you saying something totally ridiculous and making a totally inaccurate blanket statement. How arrogant and misguided could you possibly be, you now make decisions for her and a movement you have nothing to do with LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Your rhetoric is not much better than blanket statements and assumptions.
    Says the guy who says HE knows what all gays think and feel and what thier movement is about LMAO Nice try this is purely you projecting because its exactly what you did, assumptions and blanket statements, only problem is GAYs agree with ME and not with you LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have had and do have many gay friends. So I am not speaking for anyones motives in particular. I am however pointing out an obvious motivation for members of the movement. I have also not said this is good or bad one way, but I don't agree with it.

    I don't know who that is back peddling but you can think what you like.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA You sound like the racists that say, "I have a black friend" you most certainly did and tried to and are 100% wrong. You made a blanket statement and then tried to say oh I just meant the movement which STILL doesnt apply



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I never said you did? Notice the lack of quotation marks. You did however imply that a single person or two IS the movement. You further qualified my assumption with your "she IS the gay movement along with all on her side." Inferring that because she is part of the movement, her opinion is somehow more valid?
    you were wrong last post and you are wrong again because thats not what I did at all LMAO you Assumed.

    and yes the fact is her opinion IS more important to the movement because she is gay genius LMAO YOURS is MEANINGLESS.

    You are not gay and against gay rights, she is gay and for them so YOU don't get to tell HER what she is fighting for nor people like her, something like that is NEVER your call and NEVER will be. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Wow just wow

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #823
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I guess some times people just won't agree.
    I disagree.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #824
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    358

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    If the only way to get homosexuals equal rights is to call it a 'civil union' instead of a 'marriage' - then from the point that term becomes law, I will be sure to say that my wife and I are not married, but rather are in a 'civil union'. I would not feel more entitled to the term 'marriage' due to the gender of the person that I married. It just doesn't make sense why I would think I'm 'special' because of the way I was born.

  5. #825
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No, SSM is argued for the sake of equality. By that note abolishing all marriage makes everyone equal yet does not legally make people family, encourage people to provide a stable home for children, etc. It's all about validating the gay identity, nothing more.
    Jerry... how long have you and I discussed this issue? 4+ years? You KNOW that equality is not the only way that SSM is argued. You know that as well as I.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Jerry... how long have you and I discussed this issue? 4+ years? You KNOW that equality is not the only way that SSM is argued. You know that as well as I.
    Of course equality is not the ONLY way gays lie about their cause. I understand this.

  7. #827
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    FACTS are though
    It is unfortunate they were not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    not only is it true, its a FACT, you are against gay marriage therefore you are against equal rights for gays. You want to discriminate against them. Therefore you are not for gay rights and no matter how bad you want to spin things to make yourself feel better about discriminating against them fellow americans the facts wont change. LMAO again just more blind blatant dishonesty from you.
    None of this is true. Has nothing to do with Spin either.

    If you have not figured out my view by now, you never will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    didnt miss anything ,I focused on the where you told her IT DOESNT MATTER lol the nerve of you, you are not gay its not your decision PERIOD lol to think otherwise makes you look VERY foolish
    I said...

    "As for the rest you can think what you like, it does not change the reality that it has nothing at all to do with family." - Blackdog

    The nerve? So I can not voice my opinion because I am not gay? So I cannot tell it the way I see it because I am not gay?

    OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I agree PART and that one movement is made up of ALL the parts so what she says goes and is fact and what you say is MEANINGLESS, you act like she is the ONLY one that feels they way she does, like she is an anomaly.
    Not at all. I am going by what I have seen and heard in the last 20+ years. So no, I do not accept her opinion as that is all it is. Just like my opinion.

    Your argument is nonsensical in that you act like I am wrong based on nothing but an opinion. Like because someone is gay, they speak for all gays. Sorry, that will not float.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    What a joke LMAO again it was just you saying something totally ridiculous and making a totally inaccurate blanket statement. How arrogant and misguided could you possibly be, you now make decisions for her and a movement you have nothing to do with LOL.
    Again calling names means little.

    I made a blanket statement in that I think the movement has nothing to do with family. It is figurative and absolutely dead on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Says the guy who says HE knows what all gays think and feel and what thier movement is about LMAO Nice try this is purely you projecting because its exactly what you did, assumptions and blanket statements, only problem is GAYs agree with ME and not with you LOL
    Are you gay? No? Then your opinion according to your own words mean nothing.

    Also that is not true. I never said anything about "Says the guy who says HE knows what all gays think and feel."

    Never said anything even close. I said the movement. This does not mean that they all are the same or think the same. I guess all liberals who wanted government health care all march in lock step? Not hardly. Of course exaggerating my statements is par for the course I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA You sound like the racists that say, "I have a black friend" you most certainly did and tried to and are 100% wrong. You made a blanket statement and then tried to say oh I just meant the movement which STILL doesnt apply
    And this is some kind of argument? This had nothing to do with my statement or it's point. I have no idea what this statement had to do with you accusing me of "back peddling" or how my example was racist. So I can't mention I know and have known gay people, white people etc without being racist? Or in this case gay bashing? Don't be ridicules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you were wrong last post and you are wrong again because thats not what I did at all LMAO you Assumed.

    and yes the fact is her opinion IS more important to the movement because she is gay genius LMAO YOURS is MEANINGLESS.
    Which means again according to your own words anyone including yourself who is not gay thoughts on this are meaningless? Great way to drum up support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    You are not gay and against gay rights, she is gay and for them so YOU don't get to tell HER what she is fighting for nor people like her, something like that is NEVER your call and NEVER will be. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Wow just wow

    OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #828
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is unfortunate they were not.



    None of this is true. Has nothing to do with Spin either.

    If you have not figured out my view by now, you never will.



    I said...

    "As for the rest you can think what you like, it does not change the reality that it has nothing at all to do with family." - Blackdog

    The nerve? So I can not voice my opinion because I am not gay? So I cannot tell it the way I see it because I am not gay?

    OK.



    Not at all. I am going by what I have seen and heard in the last 20+ years. So no, I do not accept her opinion as that is all it is. Just like my opinion.

    Your argument is nonsensical in that you act like I am wrong based on nothing but an opinion. Like because someone is gay, they speak for all gays. Sorry, that will not float.



    Again calling names means little.

    I made a blanket statement in that I think the movement has nothing to do with family. It is figurative and absolutely dead on.



    Are you gay? No? Then your opinion according to your own words mean nothing.

    Also that is not true. I never said anything about "Says the guy who says HE knows what all gays think and feel."

    Never said anything even close. I said the movement. This does not mean that they all are the same or think the same. I guess all liberals who wanted government health care all march in lock step? Not hardly. Of course exaggerating my statements is par for the course I guess.



    And this is some kind of argument? This had nothing to do with my statement or it's point. I have no idea what this statement had to do with you accusing me of "back peddling" or how my example was racist. So I can't mention I know and have known gay people, white people etc without being racist? Or in this case gay bashing? Don't be ridicules.



    Which means again according to your own words anyone including yourself who is not gay thoughts on this are meaningless? Great way to drum up support.



    OK
    Im not going to play your circle games, deflect all you wan I can sum this up easy.

    Facts
    1 you are NOT for gay rights
    2 you do not speak for "the movment" and were wrong to say/think you do.

    Those are the two facts of this discussion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #829
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Im not going to play your circle games, deflect all you wan I can sum this up easy.

    Facts
    1 you are NOT for gay rights
    2 you do not speak for "the movment" and were wrong to say/think you do.

    Those are the two facts of this discussion.
    Then you have no clue about the discussion.

    #1 I am absolutely for gay rights. Gays have all the rights anyone else does. We don't need to redefine marriage to give them the rights of marriage. The same goes for polygamy and incest. I guess I am against the rights of incestuous couples as well?

    #2 Please point out where I said I speak for any movement, let alone any gay movement.

    You have no facts.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-14-11 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #830
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then you have no clue about the discussion.

    #1 I am absolutely for gay rights. Gays have all the rights anyone else does. We don't need to redefine marriage to give them the rights of marriage. The same goes for polygamy and incest. I guess I am against the rights of incestuous couples as well?
    You dont support gay marriage, therefor you are not for gay rights. You can use all the quarters you have for your spin cycle defense but at the end of the day, you dont want them treated equal, you want to discriminate against them.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •