View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #801
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not conveniently, matter of fact. No mention of "it's for the family" even came up until recent years, after other arguments failed to push the agenda forward. It is exactly as Jerry pointed out.
    More like since technological advances of recent years LGBT people having families have increased, and thus that argument has more weight than it has in the past.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #802
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not conveniently, matter of fact. No mention of "it's for the family" even came up until recent years, after other arguments failed to push the agenda forward. It is exactly as Jerry pointed out.
    So you agree with me there are other arguments, but you disagree with me that there are other arguments. Which is it? Hint: if people have used the "it's for the family" argument in recent years, then in fact people do use arguments other than fairness.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #803
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you agree with me there are other arguments, but you disagree with me that there are other arguments. Which is it? Hint: if people have used the "it's for the family" argument in recent years, then in fact people do use arguments other than fairness.
    If you can't understand I said nothing of the sort, we are done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #804
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    More like since technological advances of recent years LGBT people having families have increased, and thus that argument has more weight than it has in the past.
    I agree, but it does not make it a marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #805
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree, but it does not make it a marriage.
    Says who? Seriously, why should a marriage only be between one man, and one woman, why?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is only true if you conveniently ignore every other argument.
    It's true because every other argument is an attempt to play silly games just to get a vote. They're all dishonest. All of them. SSM is about validating the gay identity. That's it.

  7. #807
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's true because every other argument is an attempt to play silly games just to get a vote. They're all dishonest. All of them. SSM is about validating the gay identity. That's it.
    AS some one who makes those other arguments, I think I know my motivation better than you. You are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #808
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's true because every other argument is an attempt to play silly games just to get a vote. They're all dishonest. All of them. SSM is about validating the gay identity. That's it.
    All I care about is what is right and what is wrong. There is not one thread or post that I have ever seen that has given valid reasons as to why gay folks should be denied the right to consensually marry each other.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    More like since technological advances of recent years LGBT people having families have increased, and thus that argument has more weight than it has in the past.
    Which is why it's used as the prime surrogate rational instead of being honest.

  10. #810
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Which is why it's used as the prime surrogate rational instead of being honest.
    AH yes, the "If you disagree with me you are lying" argument. Let us know how it works out for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •