View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #791
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    But it wouldn't be legal in those states according to you. They would just recogniz marriages performed in other states.

    Gawd I love the hole you dug yourself.
    What the hell are you talking about? It would be legal accepted everyplace as I mean federally recognized civil unions.

    What each state does is up to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #792
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? It would be legal accepted everyplace as I mean federally recognized civil unions.

    What each state does is up to them.
    First you say it isn't legal anywhere in the United States, then you say it is legal in only a handful of states, then you say you oppose some states recognizing same sex marriage performed in other states, then you say you think it is up to each state.

    I'm done with you. Your intellectual dishonesty is so transparent it is nauseating. I think you are just another conservative who claims to support civil unions so you won't look like a bigot but you actually don't. I learned from NP after the DADT repeal that conservatives can say one thing but do another when push comes to shove.

  3. #793
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I know exactly what your arguments are, and if you were an atheist I'm sure you would be for SSM. It's all based on your religion.
    I was at one time, was against it them as well. No dice luv.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You think this proves your assertion Seriously, SSM promotes family just as much as opposite sex marriage, and you can't even deny that. You haven't even addressed that in your responses towards me. The fact is that if your against SSM your anti-family, because you are saying that not all families deserve the same benefits, and advantages as other families.
    I don't think it proves anything to you, but I am not really trying to do so anyway. As for promoting family that is a crock as even regular marriage divorce rates are at 50%+. No dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #794
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    First you say it isn't legal anywhere in the United States,
    Please point out where I said that? I did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    then you say it is legal in only a handful of states
    Yes. I said that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    then you say you oppose some states recognizing same sex marriage performed in other states,
    Never said that. Please point out where?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    then you say you think it is up to each state.
    You seem confused. If you would stop trying desperately to read things into what I say, I am certain it would make more sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm done with you. Your intellectual dishonesty is so transparent it is nauseating. I think you are just another conservative who claims to support civil unions so you won't look like a bigot but you actually don't. I learned from NP after the DADT repeal that conservatives can say one thing but do another when push comes to shove.
    Excellent! Have a good one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-13-11 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #795
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I was at one time, was against it them as well. No dice luv.
    I really doubt that, there is no reason to deny SSM besides ones religious convictions.

    I don't think it proves anything to you, but I am not really trying to do so anyway. As for promoting family that is a crock as even regular marriage divorce rates are at 50%+. No dice.
    It does promote family, no matter what the divorce rates are. Because even after divorce there are things such as child support, which promote the well being of the child. Just because you want to deny that it promotes family doesn't make it true. And why are LGBT families less deserving of the benefits of marriage again exactly?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #796
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I really doubt that, there is no reason to deny SSM besides ones religious convictions.
    Plenty of reasons exist depending on your point of view. I mean I can post comments of atheists/agnostic who do not support it. Some are just racist who hate "fags" some are not. The fact is plenty of them are out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It does promote family, no matter what the divorce rates are. Because even after divorce there are things such as child support, which promote the well being of the child. Just because you want to deny that it promotes family doesn't make it true. And why are LGBT families less deserving of the benefits of marriage again exactly?
    I never said they were not under the law. Please don't put words in my mouth. This does not mean I support them getting married outside of a civil union.

    As for the rest you can think what you like, it does not change the reality that it has nothing at all to do with family.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-13-11 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #797
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why? You can't just say no, and have that be it.

    The reason to institute opposite sex marriage is to legally make people family, encourage people to provide a stable home for children, etc. And those same things can be accomplished, encouraged with SSM. And that is a fact.
    No, SSM is argued for the sake of equality. By that note abolishing all marriage makes everyone equal yet does not legally make people family, encourage people to provide a stable home for children, etc. It's all about validating the gay identity, nothing more.

  8. #798
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No, SSM is argued for the sake of equality. By that note abolishing all marriage makes everyone equal yet does not legally make people family, encourage people to provide a stable home for children, etc. It's all about validating the gay identity, nothing more.
    This is only true if you conveniently ignore every other argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #799
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is only true if you conveniently ignore every other argument.
    Not conveniently, matter of fact. No mention of "it's for the family" even came up until recent years, after other arguments failed to push the agenda forward. It is exactly as Jerry pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #800
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Plenty of reasons exist depending on your point of view. I mean I can post comments of atheists/agnostic who do not support it. Some are just racist who hate "fags" some are not. The fact is plenty of them are out there.
    True, though religious reasons are the number one reason people are against it.

    I never said they were not under the law. Please don't put words in my mouth. This does not mean I support them getting married outside of a civil union.

    As for the rest you can think what you like, it does not change the reality that it has nothing at all to do with family.
    Right now, civil unions are weaker than marriages, and that's not going to change, and in reality, the only way we are going to get the same benefits is marriage. Also I don't see how you are okay with churches marrying LGBT couples, but not the state. It seems like you would have more of a problem with that, then a secular government doing so.

    And no matter what you say, no matter how much you wanna spin it, this argument is not about making people accept LGBT people, it's about letting us live, and thrive in this country just as our heterosexual counterparts. The fact is that for me to start a family is way more difficult than for you, and the only reason is because I'm gay, and your not. If you can't see how wrong that is, then I can't help you.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •