View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #731
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    Other people's marriages don't force anything on me, it's none of my business. But to answer your question I have a job and I'm a student.
    That is 100% correct and thats what some people just cant handle, they feel it is their business. Its their selfish arrogance that makes them think they have the right to tell two sound mind consenting adults if they can marry or not, in America thats totally absurd.

    The core of if always comes down to this, there are people that dont care about YOUR rights, liberties and freedoms, they dont matter one bit to them. They dont care if they discriminate, all some people care about are their own rights, liberties and freedoms.

    Their opinions, morals and or religion are way more important than any fellow American or your rights, your liberties, your freedoms and yes even our constitution. Doesnt matter to them, they cant see they are huge hypocrites. Its funny though because if you tried to discriminate against them they would cry to high heaven. lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #732
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And the second part of my post did not answer the question?

    "Marriage for 2 men or women is not a right just like polygamy etc. - Blackdog
    Based on what?
    "Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final." - Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #733
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    Other people's marriages don't force anything on me, it's none of my business.cBut to answer your question I have a job and I'm a student.
    Relax, if I wanted to get your real ID it would be all to easy to trace you.

    ***
    I didn't ask IF you had a job, I asked WHAT your job is.

    Family have to respect next-of-kin status for remains and property; retirement homes have to allow the couple to live together.....basically all the things gays are fighting for, other people are involved in maintaining and executing, so it will affect them.

    Family law is extensive and affects everyone. As a personal example, my upcoming divorce affects people I will never meet as my X uses more government assistance and my children become statistically more likely to commit juvenile crime and need tax-funded special attention from the school.

    Everyone's marriage and/or divorce affects the entire community, gay marriages and divorces will be no different.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-11-11 at 10:01 PM.

  4. #734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    That is 100% correct and thats what some people just cant handle, they feel it is their business. Its their selfish arrogance that makes them think they have the right to tell two sound mind consenting adults if they can marry or not, in America thats totally absurd.
    It's public policy. You don't have to be directly affected, you just have to be a registered voter.

  5. #735
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's public policy. You don't have to be directly affected, you just have to be a registered voter.
    We been over this "gamer" , nobody is arguing about the right to simply vote.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #736
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Relax, if I wanted to get your real ID it would be all to easy to trace you.

    ***
    I didn't ask IF you had a job, I asked WHAT your job is.

    Family have to respect next-of-kin status for remains and property; retirement homes have to allow the couple to live together.....basically all the things gays are fighting for, other people are involved in maintaining and executing, so it will affect them.

    Family law is extensive and affects everyone. As a personal example, my upcoming divorce affects people I will never meet as my X uses more government assistance and my children become statistically more likely to commit juvenile crime and need tax-funded special attention from the school.

    Everyone's marriage and/or divorce affects the entire community, gay marriages and divorces will be no different.
    But the sex of those people does not. That said, my job is at a resort, sound teching, A/V, that sort of thing.
    "Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final." - Hunter S. Thompson

  7. #737
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Relax, if I wanted to get your real ID it would be all to easy to trace you.

    ***
    I didn't ask IF you had a job, I asked WHAT your job is.

    Family have to respect next-of-kin status for remains and property; retirement homes have to allow the couple to live together.....basically all the things gays are fighting for, other people are involved in maintaining and executing, so it will affect them.

    Family law is extensive and affects everyone. As a personal example, my upcoming divorce affects people I will never meet as my X uses more government assistance and my children become statistically more likely to commit juvenile crime and need tax-funded special attention from the school.

    Everyone's marriage and/or divorce affects the entire community, gay marriages and divorces will be no different.
    In reality those things dont "effect" anybody in a real sense.

    Two ugly people kissing is gross to me, "technically" it has an "affect" on me but not really unless im a self serving arrogant anti-american dickhead

    An affect in a true sense. Gay marriage wont do that.

    if we are going to be silly we could say the same about civil rights, womans rights and interracial marriage etc etc.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #738
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,491

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on the fact it's the law? You do live in the US right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #739
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Based on the fact it's the law? You do live in the US right?
    I do, and the law is wrong. Slavery was legal at one point too does that mean that those people didn't deserve human rights?

    Also, being the law only makes it de jure segregation.
    Last edited by Sean_H; 01-11-11 at 11:08 PM.
    "Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final." - Hunter S. Thompson

  10. #740
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,491

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    I do, and the law is wrong. Slavery was legal at one point too does that mean that those people didn't deserve human rights?
    You are really comparing slavery to gay marriage, really? And people wonder why blacks get offended by that comparison. Marriage has not nor ever been designated a right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    Also, being the law only makes it de jure segregation.
    In your opinion. Marriage is a man and a woman, period.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-11-11 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •