View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #561
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You are within your rights to dissent. You are within your rights to hold your opinion of what marriage is. You are within your rights to denounce same sex marriage. You are within your rights to protest against it. You are within your rights to forbid same sex marriage in your church. You are not within you rights (as per the definition of rights, rights does not mean ability) to use government force against others whom have not infringed upon the rights of anyone else. That is the base. That is fundamental. That is America.
    Read that back to yourself. Why would I dissent etc if I had nothing to gain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, I'm sure you have. But in the end, you're in the wrong. The use of government force against the rights of the individual who has not infringed upon the rights of others is absolutely wrong.
    Until the government gets out of marriage or makes gay marriage legal, I am acting well within the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Patrick Swayze would have kicked your ass.
    He's dead, I win.

    I will however give you +1 point for the Red Dawn reference as it was funny.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-06-11 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #562
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Same sex marriage: what is it really?Some of the stuff being said in this thread is pushing the boundaries of the rules. That ends now. Talk about the topic, talk about it civilly, and don't talk about other posters. If you cannot handle this, either don't post or don't be surprised at your infractions.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hallelujah! You are exactly right. It's none of your business, it's none of my business. It's really only gay people's business. In that, it's not really up to us to tell others they can't legally marry. Why should we be concerned? If they're happy, not infringing upon the rights of others; what business is it really of ours? None. We should mind our own beeswax (where the hell did that expression come from?).
    If it's non of my business, then why do they bring me into it?

    When I was in AMWAY, when the Jehovah Witnesses came knocking, I invited them then so I could swing my own product. That's what I do here. I'm going about my life, and some pro-SSM come literally...literally knocking at my door trying to get me to sign a petition, cast my vote on a ballot, and write my Rep. So, ok, you want to play silly games? Very good, let's play silly games. I want broad marriage reform, so I'll authorize and support your SSM if that legislation also gives me broad marriage reform. If you don't want to play, that's fine, walk away, you came to my house. I didn't seek you out, you came to my house. You thrust your sexuality in my face (sexy) when you put your private personal business on a public ballot and asked me for my vote.

    If it's non of my business, leave me alone. Quite posting public threads about it, it's not our business.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How are you directly affected by the legalization of SSM?
    I might have a few more sister in-laws in the family?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How will it directly affect you?
    If there are no children involved and/or the divorce rate is not affected, I don't see how it affects me in the least. it's therefore non of my business and no one should post another SSM thread ever again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Will you lose anything because of the legalization?
    Can't say I will, nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Let's cut to the chase. What do you really get by preventing same sex couples from marrying?
    Not one god-damned thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why should you care that they get married?
    I don't. I care about broad marriage reform.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How much effort is it really worth?
    They came to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's just as easy to vote yes for SSM as it is to vote no. Same amount of energy. All you have to do is vote yes. Same effort as voting no. So why is it worth it?
    If they don't scratch my back, I won't scratch theirs. That brings it to the level of just not voting, but I'll cast a negative vote for wasting my time. I also collect junk mail and send companies each-others junk in their own postage-paid envelopes. Same thing here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Preventing a certain sort of folk from legally marrying? At the very least, if you vote yes...there's a chance the bitching will eventually go away.
    Given that most SSM's will be of lesbian couples, I highly doubt the level of bitching will decrease.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So long as it's illegal, the bitching will never stop.
    Fine, let's play ball then. Attach SSM to broad marriage reform and let's go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hey, I'd like them all to STFU about it too. There's well more important things to worry about.
    Right, like the fact that my children were kidnapped 3 months ago. Seriously, the X took them and disappeared. But WTF, SSM is the most important thing to some people, so I'll come here and troll the **** out of them for their arrogance.


    ***

    To be fair, I would support a national ban on SSM if doing so got me said broad marriage reform. I just don't care about either side of this issue....because either way it doesn't affect me.

    My vote isn't free. You'll have to pay my price for it.

    Otherwise I'm perfectly happy going back to my lvl60 Shaman who just got the 2-seater rocket mount from the Recruit-A-Friend program.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nshou/advanced

    Yes, that's a Taberd of the Hand worn by a Dwarf. My dwarf has the spacegoat only taberd. Mhmm.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-06-11 at 12:14 AM.

  4. #564
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have been given reasons 100 times over, but you are unwilling to accept the truth of the situation.

    Your problem, not mine.
    100? LMAO please list them and then right next to them ill list why they have been debunked none have been sound, reasonable, logical, non-bias, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american non-discriminative reasons are there to "Stop" gay marriage

    I invite the debate, no problem at all



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I cared enough to serve for 12 years. So again you make no sense.
    makes perfect sense, who knows why you served, and its awesome that you did

    BUT it obvioulsy wasnt for the sinning gays you want to opress and discriminate against, it was only for the AMERICANS you choose



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So to be clear you got nothing and no such law exists, thanks for clearing that up.
    your welcome, a person discriminating on the street like who they want to date is ok
    the point is thats MEANINGLESS to the debate just spin by you to feel right

    why not just say, grass is green, thats also true and just as irrelevant




    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am against any protected groups as it flies directly in the face of liberty. Either the law is equal across the board in it's treatment, or it's not, period.
    good for you again doesnt change anything to this debate

    and protected groups do not have to involve unequal treatment it can mean a recognized group to not be discriminated against thats the point of this debate

    Government should never have got involved in marriage to begin with.






    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Has nothing to do with discriminating or wanting to discriminate. To assume such is just ignorant. Marriage is one man and a woman.
    one man and one women is you opinion and discrimination.

    of course YOU feel that way because people who discriminate often are ignorant to their hypocrisy and discriminative/bigoted ways. Just like the same people that thought marriage was between white and white.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I will continue to support the sanctity of that institution.
    actually you support YOUR sanctity of it, something that is TOTALLY subjective, which is just your opinion and your opinion discriminates. LMAO




    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So the basis of our laws and those who framed them are meaningless spin when it does not support your argument?
    wrong again,nice try, your point had no merit
    my argument is discrimination plan and simple, try to spin it all you want, facts wont change



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have every right just like all the Americans who came before. Your opinion fortunately carries no weight either way.
    not arguing against your right, again stay on topic
    I said its none of your business and its not LMAO
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-06-11 at 12:09 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #565
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Sometimes it takes more than a minute to respond, I have a life.
    riiiiiiiiiiight, thats it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #566
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    not arguing against your right, again stay on topic
    I said its none of your business and its not LMAO
    You have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #567
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have a good night.
    I will do that, I told you, upsetting you made my day, it let me know im on the right path.

    You do the same.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Really?
    Ill play for now until you start being, well . . . . you?
    Although your questions dont seem to really make sense.

    1.)Please tell me why SSM is any of my business?
    Its not thats why you shouldnt try to stop it, ESPECIALLY just for spite, which is ignorant as **** LOL but was probably you being you and just saying stuff

    2.)how am I directly affected by a SSM ban?
    YOU aren't but millions of american are discriminated against and thats wrong

    3.)how will SSM directly affect me?
    It wont directly effect YOU, indirectly the country you live in will rid itself of one more wrong.

    4.)what do I have to gain with the legalization of SSM?
    see answer above

    is that what you wanted?
    Morality is relative; your personal moral code is not mine. What seems wrong to you may not seem wrong to others. It's just your opinion.

  9. #569
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Morality is relative; your personal moral code is not mine. What seems wrong to you may not seem wrong to others. It's just your opinion.
    Huh? its not just my opinion that discrimination is wrong? Discrimination is wrong based on the law.
    Well it was fun while it lasted, just you being you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Huh? its not just my opinion that discrimination is wrong? Discrimination is wrong based on the law.
    Well it was fun while it lasted, just you being you
    You said it was "worng". That's moralistic vocabulary. if you wanted to use a legalistic argument then you should have used the term "illegal"' or at worst "unethical". But you didn't. Oh well. The Game.

Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •