View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #541
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why do you think it is only religious? I would be against it even if I was an atheist. That is just one reason. I see it as wrong for what ever reason.
    Because the arguments thus far have been based on religion and that was what I was replying to. You are free to think anything you want is wrong. I think lots of stuff is wrong. But if those people are not infringing upon the rights of others, there is nothing you can rightfully do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes I do and people are. Live with it, it IS the American way.
    No, you don't have that right. You MUST use government force to enforce it. It's not something you rightfully have, the ability to tell people they cannot be married because you don't agree with it. Absolutely does not exist without the presence of FORCE. You must USE the government to make it so, you must infringe upon the rights of somebody to make it so. You innately do not have the rightful power to tell anyone else who they can or cannot marry. That is ridiculous to think that you could come and tell me I can't marry someone for whatever reason you can cook up. That's like saying I have the rightful and innate power to tell you you can't marry a blonde. The only way to make two people unable to legally wed is to use the force of government against the free exercise of their rights for as long as the Marriage License exist.

    American way! Ha. In Red Dawn you'd be the enemy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #542
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Because the arguments thus far have been based on religion and that was what I was replying to. You are free to think anything you want is wrong. I think lots of stuff is wrong. But if those people are not infringing upon the rights of others, there is nothing you can rightfully do.
    According to the law I am well within my rights, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, you don't have that right. You MUST use government force to enforce it. It's not something you rightfully have, the ability to tell people they cannot be married because you don't agree with it. Absolutely does not exist without the presence of FORCE. You must USE the government to make it so, you must infringe upon the rights of somebody to make it so. You innately do not have the rightful power to tell anyone else who they can or cannot marry. That is ridiculous to think that you could come and tell me I can't marry someone for whatever reason you can cook up. That's like saying I have the rightful and innate power to tell you you can't marry a blonde. The only way to make two people unable to legally wed is to use the force of government against the free exercise of their rights for as long as the Marriage License exist.
    Ikari, no need for the tired old arguments about force etc. I have heard this all before.

    Fact: I do have the right.
    Fact: Gay marriage is not recognized by the Federal government or the vast majority of states.
    Fact: Fight for what you want, I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    American way! Ha. In Red Dawn you'd be the enemy
    Hmmm... That is so over the top it is almost sig worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I've noticed an interesting pattern with conservatives like you and NP. You guys say you support something until it actually comes up and then you keep moving the goal posts on it. For you, you "support" same sex marriage, but only if it is restricted to couples who have children.

    That goal post strategy allows you to claim you support something that you actually don't support. It doesn't fool people though, so I don't know why you use it.
    The goal post I aim for has never moved, it's just not the goal post you aim for. If attaching SSM authorization to a marriage reform bill is the deal I have to make, then I'll make it.

    The priority is lowering the divorce and juvenile crime rate. SSM is a harmless gimmick to sell that product, nothing more.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-05-11 at 11:16 PM.

  4. #544
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    gay people have every right to marry. not a single one of their actions is restricted; they can have ceremonies, live, love, and grow old together; dying in each others' arms and being buried together as 'husband and husband' etc.

    all they can't do is force the rest of us via government to issue them a marriage license.

    So are gays as citizens of the USA forced via government to issue heterosexuals a marriage license?
    Last edited by winston53660; 01-05-11 at 11:22 PM.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    According to the law I am well within my rights, thanks.
    You are within your rights to dissent. You are within your rights to hold your opinion of what marriage is. You are within your rights to denounce same sex marriage. You are within your rights to protest against it. You are within your rights to forbid same sex marriage in your church. You are not within you rights (as per the definition of rights, rights does not mean ability) to use government force against others whom have not infringed upon the rights of anyone else. That is the base. That is fundamental. That is America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ikari, no need for the tired old arguments about force etc. I have heard this all before.

    Fact: I do have the right.
    Fact: Gay marriage is not recognized by the Federal government or the vast majority of states.
    Fact: Fight for what you want, I do.
    Yes, I'm sure you have. But in the end, you're in the wrong. The use of government force against the rights of the individual who has not infringed upon the rights of others is absolutely wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Hmmm... That is so over the top it is almost sig worthy.
    Patrick Swayze would have kicked your ass.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    **** that. Praying is a pointless endevour, it gets you nothing. Action gets you places. I wouldn't be sitting around praying all the time, and my wife would be super sexy and wearing a miniskirt all the time. Hehehe
    Brainwashed from childhood, you would be happy to send your children to hijack aircraft and fly them into the buildings of the infidel.

  7. #547
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If it had, others would not disagree. It has not except in your mind.
    keep telling yourself that, tomorrow it still wont be true LMAO
    like i said if you think its right, arge a reason it will get defeated just like all the others



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is absolutely American to support what you feel is right. What you try to say makes no sense at all looking at American history. Our country was born in revolution.
    yep because people didnt want DISCRIMINATED and FREEDOMS something you obviously dont care about, just more empty spin talk by you



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Please show me the law that says a private American citizen cannot discriminate for whatever reason?
    The government cannot discriminate, certain public businesses cannot discriminate. The average Joe on the street can discriminate all he or she likes for what ever reason.
    thats it change the words add more spin to it LMAO
    its wrong to discriminate based on sexuality PERIOD of course an avg joe can but that doesnt apply to the debate does it?

    .......NOPE

    more meaningless talk





    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't see it as a grey area like you. I also don't see race as sexuality etc, so that will not float. It does make a good strawman though.
    it doesnt need to float with you, its just you being dishonest to feel better about your stance. Homosexuals are already a protected group like minorities so your OPINION is meaningless and that fact alone doesnt allow it to be a strawman it makes it an example of parallel of discrimination not a strawman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Fact is I see it as black and white. It is either right or wrong, and this is wrong.
    Yep you want to discriminate, just like racists, they saw it as black or white and black is wrong or vice versa, thanks I get it LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Good thing the revolutionary's who forged this nation also saw in black and white.
    LMAO more meaningless spin to the debate


    You have no business telling two sound mind consenting human adults who they can marry just like with interracial marriage, people saw that as "wrong" too, Im glad people didnt listen.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #548
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Brainwashed from childhood, you would be happy to send your children to hijack aircraft and fly them into the buildings of the infidel.
    Nah, they tried that. I went to Catholic School
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #549
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by centrist77 View Post
    hahahahahahahahaha
    ignorant asses?
    "i" disgust you?

    You mean the kind of ignorant ass or disgusting type person thats wants you to be able to believe what you want but also wants others to have the same freedoms?

    You mean the kind of ignorant ass or disgusting type person that doesnt want fellow americans discriminated based on sexuality?

    You mean the kind of ignorant ass or disgusting type person that believes in the freedoms of all americans including the "sinning homos"?


    Wow

    thanks buddy for showing me how to be a good "tolerant" american or was that you showing me how to be a good "tolerant" god believing person?

    Ive never seen somebody with so much egg on their face and expose themselves so badly.disgusting indeed.

    Man the nerve of a person like me looking out for my fellow americans


    I am glad that you think that of me because that lets me know that im right, it lets me know that im for my fellow americans and that the people like you that are only out for themselves get upset and cry about it :d

    This actually makes me very happy and makes my day!
    Thank you
    crickets :d
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    When it comes to the marriage of sound mind human consenting adults its a VERY valid reason lol
    I ask this in all seriousness: Please tell me why SSM is any of my business; how am I directly affected by a SSM ban; how will SSM directly affect me; what do I have to gain with the legalization of SSM?

    I will completely drop the bull**** to get a straight and concise answer.

Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •