View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #531
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    True, but the point is that if people really got nothing out of praying then they probably wouldn't do it.
    I'm not 100% sure that is true.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #532
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,147

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    no one is having their actions in any way coerced or their freedom of movement or speech limited; there is no tyranny here.

    the only entity having it's actions restrained is that of the State; which is being restrained by the people. which is how it should be.

  3. #533
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no one is having their actions in any way coerced or their freedom of movement or speech limited; there is no tyranny here.

    the only entity having it's actions restrained is that of the State; which is being restrained by the people. which is how it should be.
    That is an ass backwards way of looking at it. Beacuse people are having their actions in a very definite way coerced, and ther freedoms removed. Notably gay people who want to marry. They have their right to contract infringed upon because a certain sect of "folk" think their religious definition of marriage should be enforced through government force.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #534
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    True, but the point is that if people really got nothing out of praying then they probably wouldn't do it.
    I have no problem with religion, im supposed to be Christian myself, guess by some peoples view im a bad one LOL

    Anyway yes people do get things from praying, that I agree with, but as soon as the force it on others and and want it law when it involves discrimination I have to laugh at the hypocrites.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #535
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,147

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That is an ass backwards way of looking at it. Beacuse people are having their actions in a very definite way coerced, and ther freedoms removed. Notably gay people who want to marry. They have their right to contract infringed upon because a certain sect of "folk" think their religious definition of marriage should be enforced through government force.
    gay people have every right to marry. not a single one of their actions is restricted; they can have ceremonies, live, love, and grow old together; dying in each others' arms and being buried together as 'husband and husband' etc.

    all they can't do is force the rest of us via government to issue them a marriage license.

  6. #536
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    gay people have every right to marry. not a single one of their actions is restricted; they can have ceremonies, live, love, and grow old together; dying in each others' arms and being buried together as 'husband and husband' etc.

    all they can't do is force the rest of us via government to issue them a marriage license.
    this is probably the second dumbest thing I read today, just you trying to flame and be dishonest again

    nobody will be forced to do anything especially not EVERYONE
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #537
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Ikari I know sometimes its hard not to shoot the fish in the barrel when they ask for it but you shouldnt let trolling get to you, keep them on topic and just take little smacks at them. They get off on getting you off track and getting you arguing about something that has no meaning to the debate

    Common sense has no effect on them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #538
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's not over the top if you try to get your religious definitions enforced by government.
    Why do you think it is only religious? I would be against it even if I was an atheist. That is just one reason. I see it as wrong for what ever reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't care how you personally wish to define marriage. You can do it any ol' way your heart desires. But when you try to get that upheld through government force; then we're talking a different ball game. I'll respect your right to hold an opinion on what you think marriage should be. But you have no right to use government to enforce that definition.
    Yes I do and people are. Live with it, it IS the American way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #539
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    gay people have every right to marry. not a single one of their actions is restricted; they can have ceremonies, live, love, and grow old together; dying in each others' arms and being buried together as 'husband and husband' etc.

    all they can't do is force the rest of us via government to issue them a marriage license.
    Wow.......Seriously? That's it? You have confirmed my previous statement.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #540
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Actually it has been, you can deny that reality all you want but per the discussion it as been clearly debunked and your beliefs will never change that.
    If it had, others would not disagree. It has not except in your mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    It can easily be argued hypocritical and anti-american among many other things that in fact makes it debunked for this discussion. LMAO
    It is absolutely American to support what you feel is right. What you try to say makes no sense at all looking at American history. Our country was born in revolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    As an american citizen it is wrong to discriminate,thats another reason
    Please show me the law that says a private American citizen cannot discriminate for whatever reason?

    The government cannot discriminate, certain public businesses cannot discriminate. The average Joe on the street can discriminate all he or she likes for what ever reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I know its because of your beliefs and thats fine they are yours to have but I find it even more hypocritical of you since you are black. You essentially would vote and fight to discriminate against gays the same way racist tried to vote against blacks for different things including interracial marriage. I know you obviously dont care but I find that so sad and it makes me pray to MY god for you and people like you. I hope Im right and you are wrong so we BOTH get to where we want to go.
    I don't see it as a grey area like you. I also don't see race as sexuality etc, so that will not float. It does make a good strawman though.

    Fact is I see it as black and white. It is either right or wrong, and this is wrong.

    Good thing the revolutionary's who forged this nation also saw in black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •