View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #481
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No they have not been "debunked." Reasons have been given as to why certain people see it differently, and that is that.
    Yes they actually have been thoroughly debunked about "stoping" gay marriage. There is no changing that, if you are so certain by all means bring one up that is sound, reasonable, logical, non-bias, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american non-discriminative reasons are there to "Stop" gay marriage.

    I always quote STOP because thats whats key and the debate. You are free to think, preach, teach etc what ever you want but stopping it is WRONG. And im not talking about just the act of voting, that is a freedom too but doing so is wrong and has been proven here and other threads over and over again.

    Ive debated this with you before and you know they have all been debunked

    I respect your views,(please correct me if Im wrong)

    you view god as your highest law and thats fine and dandy
    you view god as thinking gay marriage would be a sin and thats fine and dandy
    you view the bible as more important and bigger law then the constitution and thats fine and dandy

    YOU have the right to do all those things, and I would defend those too! but once you try to force those views on me as an american you are flat out wrong. As long as its sound mind consenting adults its none of your business who I or other people merry just like its none of my business who you merry. Its also wrong to discriminate. YOUR religious beliefs are great for YOU. For others they are not. If gay marriage becomes legal tomorrow you lose nothing, you get to keep all that I have already mentioned, but, today, right now, american citizens dont have the same rights and thats wrong plain and simple.

    Again YOU believe what you want, I will always respect and fight for that freedom cause you are an american just like I respect and will fight for the gay americans not to be discriminated against.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-05-11 at 06:19 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #482
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My argument is justified by God. You can like it or not, and considering our rights according to the founders are endowed by the creator, you have no just argument as well.
    like i said that has been thoroughly debunked because it can easily be argued anti-american and hypocritical. YOUR god has no business in other peoples affairs as far as AMERICA is concerned LOL

    How fast you would change your tune if somebody wanted to infringe on your religion. You should THANK your god you live in america and are free to believe in him. Thank your god that someone like me would fight for YOUR right to do so while you dont care about others.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #483
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My argument is justified by God. You can like it or not, and considering our rights according to the founders are endowed by the creator, you have no just argument as well.
    Actually, your argument is justified based on yours (who is fallable) and other mortal men's (who are fallable) interpritation of what they believe god stated through the recollection of other mortal men (who were fallable). As such, said justification only truly works with regards to others that employee your same interpritation of the same set of words to meaning the same thing. Additionally, while what you believe god thinks is perfectly fine as a justification for why you vote a certain way or why you propose a certain law personally, ultimately "because god doesn't like it" is not a justification in any way for allowing a law that is unconstitutional. At least not in any kind of legal sense. You may feel it MORALLY justifies it, but that...frankly...is irrelevant.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    like i said that has been thoroughly debunked because it can easily be argued anti-american and hypocritical. YOUR god has no business in other peoples affairs as far as AMERICA is concerned LOL
    Precisely! I can't believe that in this day and age there are working humans that think it's ok to subjugate us all to their gods. Isn't that what they bitch about the Muslims? Subject us to their laws...better look out! Well it's a two way street. Secular government means that government will respect religion, people's rights to it, and will protect the expression of it. However, it will not use it as base for laws. Our laws are to be based in the rights and liberties of the individual. It's amazing people can support such theocracy when history (and present in the ME) has shown that theocracy never produces anything good.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Aye, and the State is forbidden from discrimination. If it were private contract, it could be restricted as anyone feels fit. But since it's not, it MUST be open to all; including same-sex couples.
    Sure, I have no problem, non at all, with allowing gay marriage.

    I just think that if you're not going to be driving, you shouldn't have a license. There's no point.

  6. #486
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sure, I have no problem, non at all, with allowing gay marriage.

    I just think that if you're not going to be driving, you shouldn't have a license. There's no point.
    The only real reason would be if on the off chance you had to drive somewhere. But you're right. If you're not going to drive; then you don't need to get a driver's license.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My argument is justified by God. You can like it or not, and considering our rights according to the founders are endowed by the creator, you have no just argument as well.
    Shshshshhh...marriage only exists in America, 2011. It never existed before, anywhere else, in human history, and has no basis in human culture

    Hey, if they want to run to run to what American law has to say, then just jump to the broader scope of God's jurisdiction being the whole planet.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-05-11 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The only real reason would be if on the off chance you had to drive somewhere. But you're right. If you're not going to drive; then you don't need to get a driver's license.
    The problem today is that we have people getting licenses and then either not driving at all of getting into accidents. Gays say they will be no better, so while I have nothing against them I'm not motivated to support them, either. If anything I see them as a distraction, a gigantic Red Herring, to actual solutions to existing problems.

    When the gay marriage movement comes with solutions to the divorce rate, I'll give a ****. Until then, I'll vote against them at every turn just out of spit for not caring about the institution.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The problem today is that we have people getting licenses and then either not driving at all of getting into accidents. Gays say they will be no better, so while I have nothing against them I'm not motivated to support them, either. If anything I see them as a distraction, a gigantic Red Herring, to actual solutions to existing problems.

    When the gay marriage movement comes with solutions to the divorce rate, I'll give a ****. Until then, I'll vote against them at every turn just out of spit for not caring about the institution.
    So if someone doesn't want to drive, they shouldn't get a license. If gays want to marry, they shouldn't be allowed to get a license until they can teach straight folk how to create a proper foundation to their marriages and thus decrease the divorce rate? I'm not sure this is a logical argument. People who don't drive don't need to get a license, but it's up to them if they choose to get one or not. Gay couples shouldn't be banned from contract merely because they're gay. The divorce rate...that's your problem. Government ain't here to make you stick together with your spouse (otherwise divorce would be illegal). The divorce rate is the divorce rate, you people should probably make better choices before getting married; but I'll give you enough rope to hang yourself with if that's what you want. You get to make your own decisions and abide by the consequences thereof. Why does the gay community have to fix your problems before you'll let them get married? Seems to me that it's your problem; deal with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #490
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Shshshshhh...marriage only exists in America, 2011. It never existed before, anywhere else, in human history, and has no basis in human culture
    No one has said that. What has been said is that as soon as government usurped marriage by creating the Marriage License, it left the realm of religion and entered the realm of law. And laws in the United States are to be based on the rights and liberties of the individual. The government is not allowed to discriminate. And since the Marriage License is a government issued and recognized contract, there is no rational and just argument as to forbidding same sex couples their right to contract.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •