View Poll Results: What is same sex marriage?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • A special right

    109 56.77%
  • Equal protection

    62 32.29%
  • Other

    21 10.94%
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 976

Thread: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What was the article?
    This was the one he posted:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us...onogamy&st=nyt
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #112
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I also want you to post your sources/research... as you said you would.
    I still don't have your sources. When do you plan on providing that?
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wait, the blog that starts out referencing the Netherlands study on gays? The study that selected people with AIDS? And they are drawing a conclusion about married gays with it...again?
    Yeah, that's the one. No credibilty at all. I also smelled Cameron's work in there somewhere.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I still don't have your sources. When do you plan on providing that?
    I gave you 12 sources, with links at the end of the second post. I'm still waiting for yours that show that children of gays do worse than children of straights. So far, you haven't provided any.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #115
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. No credibilty at all. I also smelled Cameron's work in there somewhere.
    You would think any one honestly looking at the issue would understand that comparing fidelity in marriage with fidelity in unmarried couples and determining unmarried couples more promiscuous would realize that they just made the SSM argument for us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    Thanxs

    . The Gay Couples Study has followed 556 male couples for three years about 50 percent of those surveyed have sex outside their relationships, with the knowledge and approval of their partners.
    For gay males I'm surprised considering what hetero males do and the divorce rate.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You would think any one honestly looking at the issue would understand that comparing fidelity in marriage with fidelity in unmarried couples and determining unmarried couples more promiscuous would realize that they just made the SSM argument for us.
    Yup. I've been saying this for a while. It's also an inaccurate comparisson, to begin with, comparing fidelity in marrieds to fidelity in unmarrieds. That usually doesn't stop them, though.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #118
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    He keeps misusing that article and I keep debunking it over and over.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1059148626

    I'm just gonna start copying and pasting when I see his posts.

  9. #119
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I gave you 12 sources, with links at the end of the second post. I'm still waiting for yours that show that children of gays do worse than children of straights. So far, you haven't provided any.
    Look, your links ain't linkin'. This is all I get;

    This page is not available
    We apologize, but we can't find that file or page. You can try searching the APA website or one of the following links:

    Homepage
    Site Map
    APA Directorates and Programs
    APA Products and Services
    If you can't find what you're looking for, you can visit Customer Support or Contact APA.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #120
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage: what is it really?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    He keeps misusing that article and I keep debunking it over and over.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...post1059148626

    I'm just gonna start copying and pasting when I see his posts.
    We will have to nickname you CC Jr.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •