View Poll Results: Should they?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    6 18.75%
  • no

    22 68.75%
  • other

    4 12.50%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98

Thread: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

  1. #31
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they don't taste very good, do they precious? nasty tasting dolpinses
    That deserves a and a thanks!
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  2. #32
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    make dolphin IQ the new standard. If a human is dumber than a dolphin...off with their head and let a dolphin take his/her place in human society.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    make dolphin IQ the new standard. If a human is dumber than a dolphin...off with their head and let a dolphin take his/her place in human society.
    America needs more widespread usage of the gom jabbar.

  4. #34
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    America needs more widespread usage of the gom jabbar.
    with that I will heartily agree.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    What the ****? You would like us to hunt a sentient species? Your one of the people who is going to be responsible for a full-scale war when we make first contact with aliens.
    They are not a sentient species, they are just an animal. An animal that is below us on the food chain, if someone wants to eat them, or use their body to fulfill a need there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed too.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they don't taste very good, do they precious? nasty tasting dolpinses
    Eh, I could care less, if someone wants to eat them, or use them I really don't care, as long as we don't wipe them out. What is the difference between a cow, and a dolphin?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Eh, I could care less, if someone wants to eat them, or use them I really don't care, as long as we don't wipe them out. What is the difference between a cow, and a dolphin?
    Dolphins are much cuter.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    01-13-11 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    685

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    They are not a sentient species, they are just an animal. An animal that is below us on the food chain, if someone wants to eat them, or use their body to fulfill a need there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed too.
    What if they are capable of independent and advanced thought? What if they are thinking "should we hunt the humans?" while we are thinking "should we hunt the dolphins?"

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Dolphins are much cuter.
    It seems the only reason people are so up in arms about it, and why that stupid show Whale Wars is so popular. I just can't see why it's wrong to kill and eat one animal, and not another.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should dolphins be considered non-human persons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    What if they are capable of independent and advanced thought? What if they are thinking "should we hunt the humans?" while we are thinking "should we hunt the dolphins?"
    If they were they would have found a way to communicate with us by now. It's a ridiculous notion that they are sentient.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •