View Poll Results: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 74.29%
  • No

    9 25.71%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    930

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Do you believe that it's possible for a business to behave unethically even while acting within the bounds of the law? Or do you believe that as long as they're following the letter of the law they've fulfilled all of their responsibilities to society?

    The reason I ask this is because whenever someone on this forum points out a perceived ethical lapse of a corporation, there is a certain contingent of posters who invariably feel the need to chime in with "They're a private business, they can do what they want." This leads me to believe that some people think that legality and ethics are one and the same, and that businesses are morally justified in screwing over the public as much as possible as long as they obey the law.
    I think they only have to obey the law.

    That having been said, I'm of the opinion that ethical responsibility is good business.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Dr. Pepper makes this gay happy, you gonna boycott them
    Do they give you money to have a gay pride parade?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    They treat gays with respect. They give domstic partners rights it is not just gays. How much money does coke give to gay pride marches. See how you take things out of context to decieve people

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Do they give you money to have a gay pride parade?
    Never been to one, and really have no desire to go to one.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They treat gays with respect. They give domstic partners rights it is not just gays. How much money does coke give to gay pride marches. See how you take things out of context to decieve people
    The fact is society is changing, and doing those things gives the business enough good press to outweigh the cost of said benefits, and the very small outrage that it will cause by people who see homosexuals as less than human.

    Also can you show where coke has spent money on gay pride marches? And how did you reach the conclusion that gay pride marches are super evil?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The fact is society is changing, and doing those things gives the business enough good press to outweigh the cost of said benefits, and the very small outrage that it will cause by people who see homosexuals as less than human.

    Also can you show where coke has spent money on gay pride marches? And how did you reach the conclusion that gay pride marches are super evil?
    To the point I can not post pictures of them because of the nudity in these marches. This is not child freindly and should not be allowed


    PepsiCo sponsors four more gay pride parades

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    To the point I can not post pictures of them because of the nudity in these marches. This is not child freindly and should not be allowed


    PepsiCo sponsors four more gay pride parades
    Do you have a non biased source? I tried to look up my own, but couldn't find anything from a reliable news source.

    And yes, some gay pride parades do get out of hand, and some people do break nudity/obscene acts laws,ect, but not all of them do, and the people who do that are not a good representation of LGBT people, just like sports fans who riot, and cause massive amounts of damage aren't representative of all sports fans.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Do you have a non biased source? I tried to look up my own, but couldn't find anything from a reliable news source.

    And yes, some gay pride parades do get out of hand, and some people do break nudity/obscene acts laws,ect, but not all of them do, and the people who do that are not a good representation of LGBT people, just like sports fans who riot, and cause massive amounts of damage aren't representative of all sports fans.
    That is a nonbiased source that is stating facts.

    By the way I have a family member that is gay. I do not hate people just their sinful immoral actions.

    I do not believe choosing a lifestyle gives you a right to special rights.

    Giving benefits for domestic partners is not for gays it also covers heterosexuals.

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,613

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is a nonbiased source that is stating facts.

    By the way I have a family member that is gay. I do not hate people just their sinful immoral actions.

    I do not believe choosing a lifestyle gives you a right to special rights.

    Giving benefits for domestic partners is not for gays it also covers heterosexuals.
    Would a loving God create gays and then damn them for acting out their desires that they cannot help?

    sounds Fkd up to me



  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Do businesses have any ethical responsibilities, beyond obeying the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is a nonbiased source that is stating facts.

    By the way I have a family member that is gay. I do not hate people just their sinful immoral actions.

    I do not believe choosing a lifestyle gives you a right to special rights.

    Giving benefits for domestic partners is not for gays it also covers heterosexuals.
    No it is not, no matter how much you want to pretend that it is. If you want to be taken seriously I suggest you you don't put up things like that and state that it is an unbiased source. And what exactly is immoral about homosexuality, I mean, what reason do you have to say that it is besides that you believe some book tells you it is?

    Also what special rights are LGBT Americans wanting? We just want the right to be treated the same as heterosexuals, at least I do, and every LGBT person I know.

    Oh, and the I have a gay family member, is akin to saying I have a black friend. It doesn't get you a free pass to say anything you want about LGBT people, and not get called out on it.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •